Excellent - just played through for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. I played with ACE - here are some observations...
1. Team kept getting the old 'stuck' bug - refusing to move. Fortunately I had chosen to enable team-switch so I could get them out of it. I'll play it vanilla next time to see if this is still an issue.
2. No CLU's for the Javelin when playing with ACE - I know that the mission is not made for ACE, so this is merely an obeservation!
3. Excellent atmospheric music throughout.
4. All missions completed as expected for me.
Anyway, I really enjoyed the mission - thank you very much for sharing!
hi, i just played the mission. found a bug though. so when i was ambushed at the warlord's location, i was shot and i was waiting to be revived but it's too late and i die. so i just team switch, but then i got a cutscene with a black hawk flying and the mission ends as a success.
The stuck AI bug is hopefully connected to ACE, I also had it a few times when testing with it. If there's a way to prevent that please let me know! The mission detects ACE in the next update and adds some basic stuff and also those CLU's (totally forgot about that).
@Alvando - that's a new one. Will look into that today! thx
Version 3.4 is ready! Link updated in first post. Thanks for the input!
- Full Voiceacting (Voices by Rejenorst & 1 by myself)
- Ace Features implemented (CLU's and Earplugs added, Earplug trigger credit goes to SaOk)
- All tasks are improved and adjusted, Final task has a new twist now.
- AI behaviour is adjusted
- Bugfix: Player will no longer get stuck at Crossroad task
- Bugfix: Cutscene and Mission success will no longer occur if player dies
- Tons of small tweaks and fixes
Awesome mission dude! A bit easy overall, maybe, but awesome nonetheless. Superb immersion.
Only thing that seemed a bit wrong at the time is after you cleared the first compounds and get back to the humvee, the team you're supposed to be escorting (bravo, i guess) is left there. They never got back to the MTVR, so i was basically following an empty truck after that.
@BlackMamb, this must have been a glitch. Bravo's units should be moved into the truck after the last compound is clear, using 'moveincargo' since the player can't see it. I will look into that once I get my rig, but should you replay the units should be in the truck (I hope thx for the report!
Unfortunately again defend the airport is too easy, do nothing, wait and win.
yes, it can happen. but it's dependant on a few factors and can also turn out to be very challenging. i will continue to make it longer, but I moved to another country and wanted to release the update before, so I preferred to go for balance.
If you start the Defense without being reinforced due to low manpower, the AT defense is pretty much up to you. There's only one extra AT among the defense, the TOW has 3 rockets and the friendly tanks remain in cover at first. However, if you are short on manpower and get reinforced, the AT capabilities might indeed be to high, I will change the units to something else.
The enemy AA-vehicles can also unleash quite some serious havoc, but they are randomized - they can be Shilkas/Tunguskas but also simple Ural's that will be easily destroyed.
In the end, I think it adds immersion to have some work done by the AI as well. But it was unlucky if they actually did ALL the work for you.
I had complaints about the task being too hard on another forum. Will continue to work on it