Sign in to follow this  
SpaceVoyager

BI online store

Hello everybody.

I have a question on BI online store. I already have accounts (and bought games from) GoG, GamersGate and Steam and frankly I don't like the idea of developer-based online store. Is there a way to participate in your P&C Beta but get the game on the "regular" online store? If so, can one choose which one (I'm not really a great Steam lover but hey...)?

I'd like to extend the same question to other games you have in BI store as well, can those be bought through your store but be added to another online store account?

Thanks in advance,

SV

I suspect the beta is exclusive to Sprocket. The full game will of course be in most, if not all, of your mentioned online stores (Steam is confirmed).

If you don't get an answer from the forums, I'd suggest contacting them through their mail (HERE).

Hope that helps.

The P&C beta is Sprocket exclusive as colossus already said.

But no, you can not buy a game at Sprocket and then added to GamersGate or Steam.

What exactly is your problem with a developer-based online store if I may ask?

What exactly is your problem with a developer-based online store if I may ask?

No offence meant but my problem is that you never know how long a developer will... well, survive.

Thank you for your answers, both.

12+ years and counting. In that time I seen a lot of game shops opening and closing.

And even if BI stop doing games, your purchased games will still run as long as you have the install files locally stored.

Edited by W0lle

BIS removed DRM on all their games to date after several months post-release. They never said anything about going to change their policy. So why are you worried?

Unlike in a case of Valve going out of business - with BIS you will never lose access to your games.

My only problem with BIS shop however was the lack of gift option (unless it was changed)

Edited by metalcraze

My only problem with BIS shop however was the lack of gift option (unless it was changed)

This is needed.

No offence meant but my problem is that you never know how long a developer will... well, survive.

Thank you for your answers, both.

Yea I bought ArmA2 from Direct2Drive, a great service until it was sold to Gamefly who just happen not to sell ArmA2. Now I no longer have access to download the game I paid for, so buying from an online store is not always the best option.

But, the thing with the BI Store is that you can download a game and burn it to a disc or just save it on your HDD. Print out the serial number and you'd be good to go.

Gifting is WIP ... keep praying :)