Sign in to follow this  
harbinger

Anticipation

Oh I am so looking forward to this!

Played the original on 128k Spectrum +3, ST, Amiga, PC and absolutely loved it! I've been trying for ages to find the Mac version, no luck. The C64 version.... lets just forget that shall we?

I still play it on Dosbox - it's stood the test of time incredibly well.

I've watched this remake with great interest since it first popped up in, oh I dunno, 2006 or so - and was bitterly disappointed every time it sunk without trace. Finally we have something tangible.

Count me in for Premium Beta on Friday - first thing :)

I too have been waiting for this and everything i have seen so far points to one word.........Epic

ever since the original Operation flashpoint bohemia interactive have made great games and i honestly can`t think of anybody who would do as good a job

well it's friday here in the uk (12:49AM) so it's officially negative time to beta day :P

Spare a thought for us in Australia! Its been beta day here for AGES! I'm at the store page, pressing refresh at regular intervals, hoping the beta download appears. Thank goodness for the Good Friday weekend :)

EDIT: LOL. Ignore the title. I put the captcha code into the wrong box. This is how excited I am; I can't even type properly.

I wasn't sure if there would be the equivalent of a digital midnight release so I went to bed and hoped to wake and find the demo ready to go.

Of course it make s a bit more sense for it to go live when the guys get into the office to flip the relevant switches. Just hope they plan an early start today.. :D

Edit:

Just saw this in the Twitter feed in response to a question about when the beta download would be available:

Hi Chris, it'll most likely be at the end of the afternoon. At least you'll have the -1 hour advantage! ;-)

I'm actually in danger of having to do something around the house today instead of fighting for bandwidth on the download server with everyone else.

Edited by Silencer_UK
Read Twitter feed

Yea I read that......I bet they are going to be playing it all morning lol

i've waited years for this ... but the last few hours are the worse :butbut:

Like waiting for the Christ Child 45 Years ago :bounce3:

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

according to Facebook the planning is releasing before or at 4pm. so 4 hours to go. thats 240 minutes, hmm what going to do in this time?

Maybe doing good things to the family because after this one have no time anymore for them? :butbut:

Bah, I was hoping to have my spindly fingers on this by now. Also, I'll have to download it on my modest broadband which will take 3 hours and by that time who knows where I'll be. Much disappointment!

i've waited years for this ... but the last few hours are the worse :butbut:

LOL - and this only the BETA, what will you be like come September !?!?

G

Good luck lads only wished i had a system able to run games these days. still running a late 2004 rig...

Have fun and take a few video clips.

I plan to do a "lets play" (obv stating it's beta over and over again) if that's okay with BI...

getting to grips with the controls ... mouse is sluggish but bearable here ... awesome gfx though

getting to grips with the controls ... mouse is sluggish but bearable here ... awesome gfx though

Try turning off post processing, it helped me out quite a bit.

taken my first island and got attacked and destroyed by nme carrier ... awesome game. Gameplay as good as the original and with the gfx makes this beta a 9/10 easily

This is the longest Friday at work for ages! I've got my S/N, can't wait to get home and download this!

Feedback seems very positive so far, so I expect to have a lot of fun with this tonight :)

Just popped on the site to see how things were going with the game, and seen this beta thing.

I found myself confused about it all, as there was no word of this on my last visit, but paid my support anyway.

I am downloading the beta now, I really can't believe I am going to be able to play the beta of my favourite game of all time. Will someone please pinch me? :confused:

Just popped on the site to see how things were going with the game, and seen this beta thing.

I found myself confused about it all, as there was no word of this on my last visit, but paid my support anyway.

I am downloading the beta now, I really can't believe I am going to be able to play the beta of my favourite game of all time. Will someone please pinch me? :confused:

:hadouken-to-face: ...oh, pinch!

Pretty cool times huh. Will be signing up next week myself. Watch your back...doh, no MP! :eek:

EDIT: LOL. Ignore the title. I put the captcha code into the wrong box. This is how excited I am; I can't even type properly.

OMG, that's frickin' hilarious Osric! BI, you should put this quote as a tagline somewhere in your advertising for the game. I think everyone drooling over your game feels like this...

Edited by TaktiX

Installing now with a big smile on my face. :D

Question: Does the beta update itself or will we be able to download later builds of the beta?

Installing now with a big smile on my face. :D

Question: Does the beta update itself or will we be able to download later builds of the beta?

You will have to update it if/when a new build becomes available...

G