Sign in to follow this  
vonsteimel

Having Wierd Problem with this Forum, Help

Greetings,

For some reason I am having trouble reading some of the text within this forum. It doesn’t happen on all threads, I’d say only about 20% of them. But when the problem is present within a thread, it effects all posts within that thread. Even though the threads right above & below it might work fine. Here’s a few examples of what its displaying in the problem-threads:

1. “ Anybody knows what i'm missing here? “

2. “ In a conditional statement use '==' not '=' “

3. “ In your addon's init script / init eventhandler load the function:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">TAG_TANKPACK_FIRED = loadFile "\Addon\fired.sqf" â€

So, as you can see it can be pretty annoying. But when it pertains to a script or line of code as the last example is, it makes it nearly illegible… In the first example I know it is the apostrophe that’s causing all the trouble, but the other 2 examples I’m unsure about...

All 3 examples were copied from the following thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?44500-Count-Script&highlight=count

Again, this doesn’t happen on all threads. Some threads will display the same stuff (scripts & apostrophes .etc) without any problem what so ever.

I’ve got a fairly new computer and I’m running the most up-to-date version of FireFox. I also updated my Internet Explorer and tried using it but it didn’t solve the issue either. This is the only forum where I’ve had this problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it? Is it a browser setting somewhere? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

VS

**(NOTE TO ADMINS: I didn't know where to post questions concerning troubleshooting the actual forum itself so I thought this was the best fit. Respectfully, VS)

This seems to happen with older threads from before the forum software was upgraded. The Cold War Assault section is filled with it, making scripts harder to use (need to filter them for non-recognized characters like " ' " first).

As JdB said, this is because such old threads are imported from another forum software which is not 100% compatible with what we use now. This happens especially when tags (like code or quote) are used.

Not a problem on your side actually.