Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a trigger to make task complete and make give hint

Making a trigger to make task complete and make give hint

Hello

I am currently making a spec-ops mission where the target are two Zeus AA guns. I would like to make a trigger that marks off a task as complete when the Zeus' are destroyed
    and gives a message saying the aa are destroyed.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you

Hi there. I'm a complete novice at this, but I will hazard a guess for you!

On Act:
    Code:
    taskname setTaskState "Succeeded"; hint "Your Text Here"
    Hope that is something in the right direction for you!

Hi,
    Create a Briefing.sqf, and a briefing html -(just put this in your mission folder nothing to do with the briefing html)
    and put in the folder of your mission

briefing.sqf
    Code:
    player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Briefing", "Your Objective is to locate and destroy two Zeus AA guns. "]];

tskarea2 = player createSimpleTask["Zeus AA gun 2"];
    tskarea2 setSimpleTaskDescription["Locate Zeus AA gun 2 and destroy it <marker name='m2'>here</marker>.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 2 .", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 2."];
    tskarea2 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "m2");

tskarea1 = player createSimpleTask["Zeus AA gun 1."];
    tskarea1 setSimpleTaskDescription["Locate Zeus AA gun 1 and destroy it <marker name='m1'>here</marker>.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 1.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 1."];
    tskarea1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "m1");

player setCurrentTask area1;
    player setCurrentTask area2;
    Create an

init.sqf
    Code:
    if (isServer) then
    {
    	[] execVM "briefing.sqf";
    };

if(true) exitWith {};
    putt in the folder of your mission.

INGAME (Editor)

Place:
    Zeus AA gun 1, and
    Zeus AA gun 2

Create a Marker
    name it m1 give it a radius of 20x20

Create a Marker
    name it m1 give it a radius of 20x20
    color black, and border fill

put this marker over the Zeus AA gun 1

Create a Marker
    name it m2 give it a radius of 20x20
    color black, and border fill

put this marker over the Zeus AA gun 2

Name:
    your Zeus AA gun 1---> AAg1

Name:
    your Zeus AA gun 2---> AAg2

Create a trigger:
    condition: !alive AAg1

On Act: hint "The Zeus AA gun 1 has been destroyed!."; tskarea1 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";m1obj=true;publicvariable "m1obj"

Create a trigger:
    condition: !alive AAg2

On Act: hint "The Zeus AA gun 2 has been destroyed!."; tskarea2 setTaskState "SUCCEEDED";m2obj=true;publicvariable "m2obj"

note trigger size is 0x0
    =================
    Notes in general, the names for the aa guns do not have to be those exact name, same for the marker you put down over the aa guns,
    but if you use a different name then you have to make sue that the brifing and triggers have the names corresponding too.

So basically what happens is you destroy gun 1 a hint will pop up on the screen and say whats in the hint.
    you will also have under tasks when completed turn green.

If you want a demo mission I have one.

hope that helps.
    Last edited by Gnter Severloh; Apr 3 2012 at 22:28.
    WarMod Series - A Massive Addon & Mod Customizable Compilation mod for Arma1, Arma2,CO & soon Arma3
    Mission Repository - Hosting Missions & Files for Iron Front: Liberation 1944
    WW2Epic - A Compilation Archive of Photos, Music, Videos, & References of WW2

Oh my God, Gunter thanks mate, this has been very helpful.
    Many Thanks

Your very welcome, keep in mind that what i had posted is only one of many ways to do briefings, tasks and hints.
    Are you able to create Briefing scripts and init files ok, or do you need a tool for that?

This is what i got after adding scripts for the note section made in ARMA Briefing Manager

player createDiaryRecord["Notes", ["Equipment","Authorised Equipment<br/><br/>4 x MP5SD 9mm Submachine Guns<br/>20 x MP5SD 9mm magazines<br/>3 x Satchel Charges<br/>4 x Night-Vision Goggles"]];
    player createDiaryRecord["Notes",["Situation","Guerilla forces have occupied the region of Chernarus for the past 2 months. NATO only recieved word of the occupation 2 weeks ago from an CDF communications officer who has not been contact with NATO since. The reports recieved from the CDF officer contained infomation regarding civllians being taken prisoner, and the guerillas using armoured vehicles for spearheads against the CDF forces.<br/><br/>As the only nearby force in the North Pacific Ocean, the HMS Illustrious "Lusty" has been sent to respond and gain a foothold until reinforcement from other vessels arrive in the area."]];
    player createDiaryRecord["Notes",["Briefing","Mission Date - 11th April 2012<br/>Mission Start Time - 3:55 AM<br/><br/>At 6:15 AM, the first UK attack wave will assault Kamenka in the south western area of Chernarus. Intel has reported that two Zeus AA guns have been sighted in the woods to the far west of Kamenka, however were unable to gain a specific location due to too much atmospheric interference. <br/><br/>Viper team will enter the area via HALO jump at 3:45AM from a C-130 transport. They will be split into two groups, callsigns "Viper 1" and "Viper 2" each will have a designated drop zone being grid reference "<marker name='inst1'>006025</marker>" and "<marker name='inst2'>003039</marker>". Once both groups have touched down, they will begin moving towards the general area, the AA guns have been <marker name='m1'>sighted</marker> and dismantle them with Satchel Charges.<br/><br/>After the AA guns are destroyed, Viper 1 & 2 will head to the <marker name='m3'>safe zone</marker> and wait until the attack wave begins their assault on Kamenka."]];

tskarea1 = player createSimpleTask["Zeus AA gun 1."];
    tskarea1 setSimpleTaskDescription["Locate Zeus AA gun 1 and destroy it <marker name='m1'>here</marker>.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 1.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 1."];
    tskarea1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "m1");

tskarea2 = player createSimpleTask["Zeus AA gun 2"];
    tskarea2 setSimpleTaskDescription["Locate Zeus AA gun 2 and destroy it <marker name='m2'>here</marker>.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 2 .", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 2."];
    tskarea2 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "m2");

tskarea3 = player createSimpleTask["Safe Zone"];
    tskarea3 setSimpleTaskDescription["Head to the <marker name='m3'>woods</marker> west of Kamenka and await the attack force's arrival.","Safe Zone","Safe Zone"];
    tskarea3 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "m3");

player setCurrentTask area1;
    player setCurrentTask area2;
    player setCurrentTask area3;
    Last edited by MorrisBoy94; Apr 4 2012 at 15:11.

Looks like it works, do you see it ingame via when you go to the map?

No, for some reason it wont show. Here my init file in case that helps
    if (isServer) then
    {
    };

if(true) exitWith {};

try with just

I actually have my own Briefing issue going on, which just started, I see my briefings np on my
    own created server, but when i put my missions on my game server they dont show, when before they did.

How are you playing your mission, a created server via the game itself as in you host,
    or do you have a game server you are loading the mission onto?

no, im just making my own little campaign and thats it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast