Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: P&C Beta questions

another question that popped into mind:

4. With the release date being pushed back to September, will their be any chance of multiplayer content being added during this period. or is that still a possible "after launch" thing?

I am really interested in this game. However, I would also like to know, what is the status of MP. I am willing to spend my money for pre order. But only if there is clear answer about MP part. And that basicaly means, If its going to be implementet at realease or later, and how its going to be done. I am one of those who like the challange of playing againts other people and no MP would mean for me not buying at all.

They wont release it with multiplayer but are at least considering adding it on later
    It is said that the most lethal weapon or the most effective tool of all is man's brain.
    Then the destructive or creative possibilities of many minds working together is staggering.

In real life, I much prefer the creative cooperation part of this fact.
    In gaming, I can enjoy the combat cohesion without shame.

Second Lieutenant GossamerSolid's Avatar
    Is there like any scripting/modding capabilities in this?

ArmA 3 - GWAR3
    ArmA 2 - PCDF | Gossamer's Warfare
    PC - i5 3570K | EVGA GTX 780 ACX | 16GB DDR3

Quote Originally Posted by GossamerSolid View Post
    Is there like any scripting/modding capabilities in this?

http://www.carriercommand.com/2012/0...tions-round-4/

G

Second Lieutenant GossamerSolid's Avatar
    hmmmm, page isn't loading for me

Quote Originally Posted by GossamerSolid View Post
    hmmmm, page isn't loading for me

We’ve entered Round 4 to answer some of your questions on modding and editing!

1) Will the game support options for modding? (MadDogX & Resistance-Rat)
    As you might know, Carrier Command: Gaea Mission uses a different engine than Arma and Take On Helicopters. Therefore, it is not as easy as taking the pipeline and tools that are already available for Arma modders. However, as it is a Bohemia Interactive game, we’d definitely like to release some version of the development tools to the public. We feel confident that we will be able to do so. Although, we do not want to make any promises, as there might be some unforeseen issues that would prevent us from doing so.
    2) Are there any plans to include a mission/map editor? (jibemorel & Resistance-Rat)
    At this point, the only possibility for some sort of map-editor would be to have it as part of the tool that we intend to make available once the game has been released (see question 1). Therefore, it will be different than in Arma and Take On Helicopters.
    3) Will it be possible to crossover data from Arma or Take On Helicopters to Carrier Command? (zGuba)
    Carrier Command does not use add-ons in the same way as Arma or Take On Helicopters. As such, it will not be as simple as taking an Arma add-on and implementing it into Carrier Command. The only crossover that would be possible – provided that the tools have been made available – is by converting Arma models to the format used in Carrier Command.
    4) If there will be any future add-ons, will it include more islands and terrains? (BFCrusader)
    This definitely belongs to the possibilities. Although, to be honest, this is something that is still to be decided.

Hope that helps....

G

@carriercommand has stated that the beta will be roughly 1.5GB big (Source: here)

That size worries me to how "condensed" this beta is, I'm guessing/hoping that the size of the download and not the uncompressed install to start off with.

I'm just hoping it's not something like 3 islands within walking distance of each other or shortened loadout choices. Not only because I want something to "sink my teeth into." content wise, but it feels that condensing it on too grand a scale may skew our vision of it. and things that are balanced in beta may not be so balanced on the games full scale. (fuel/ammo consumption is a big example with archipelago scaling...)

Quote Originally Posted by dingbat91 View Post
    @carriercommand has stated that the beta will be roughly 1.5GB big (Source: here)

That size worries me to how "condensed" this beta is, I'm guessing/hoping that the size of the download and not the uncompressed install to start off with.

I'm just hoping it's not something like 3 islands within walking distance of each other or shortened loadout choices. Not only because I want something to "sink my teeth into." content wise, but it feels that condensing it on too grand a scale may skew our vision of it. and things that are balanced in beta may not be so balanced on the games full scale. (fuel/ammo consumption is a big example with archipelago scaling...)
    I wouldn't worry too much about the size; especially if its a "compressed" strategic campaign. The size of a game can often be very deceptive as to its scope and is more indicative of how well it was put together.

In example, going through my list of steam games, we have:
    Mount & Blade: Warband -> 0.75GB Installed
    M&B: With Fire and Sword -> 1.2GB
    Killing Floor -> 1.6GB
    Skyrim -> 5GB Installed
    Deus Ex 3 -> 8GB Installed

And so on (plus two Total War games which are fricken' huge). Even "blockbuster" Skyrim is only 5GB when installed. In an amusing irony a games' size seems to be inversely proportional to its scope and more closely related to the number of highly unique events/environments etc. and to similar extent the scripted story. All those games bar Deus Ex play it fast and loose when it comes to story and this beta lacks that sort of scripted mode (they probably want to get the world right before they start building on it) in its entirety.

Point is that 1.5GB for a beta (especially download size which is what I presume he means given the question) isn't anything to be alarmed about. Especially when we remember that Carrier Command is an RTS (type) game with two factions and two "core" units (at least for the UEC). Need a copy of ARMA or something to compare it to size wise to determine how well BIS controls software bloat. Other than that; nothing to be worried about. Remember that this is also a new engine, that has been designed specifically for CC, and has no-doubt been built around keeping things to a manageable size while maintaining quality (you CAN release a 20GB game, doesn't mean you should).

Best question to I suppose is "what haven't we seen in recent screen shots?". I suspect if we've seen it (and it's not story exclusive stuff) it'll be in there.

Will the beta receive periodic updates?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast