Sign in to follow this  
Vek

Does the P&C require STEAM, please make avaiable options not requiring this.

Hello,

Moderators can you find some information on this.

When I was visiting the home Carrier Command I noticed the difference between the two, one including STEAM and the lighter option not.

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - Play & Contribute Supporter

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - Play & Contribute Supporter

$ 44.37

Become a P&C Supporter by providing ultimate development assistance; receive beta-access, a digital copy of the full-final game from Store.bistudio.com and Steam:(, plus the Gaea Universe soundtrack!

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - Play & Contribute

$ 22.18

Join the Carrier Command P&C Beta and get a free digital copy of the full-final game upon release! NO mention of STEAM :)

If there is a version NOT REQUIRING STEAM?, if so I will be playing this Friday.

Thank You

Vek

If there is a version NOT REQUIRING STEAM?, if so I will be playing this Friday.

Hi Vek,

Just to avoid any confusion, the P&C Supporter deal does not require you to use Steam. It simply provides you a digital copy of the full game from Store.bistudio.com AND Steam upon release (so 2 copies of the game in total). As such, you will be able to choose whether you'd like to play the version from Store.bistudio.com OR Steam. You can keep the other copy as back up or gift it to one of your friends.

Hope that helps!

Hi Vek,

Just to avoid any confusion, the P&C Supporter deal does not require you to use Steam. It simply provides you a digital copy of the full game from Store.bistudio.com AND Steam upon release (so 2 copies of the game in total). As such, you will be able to choose whether you'd like to play the version from Store.bistudio.com OR Steam. You can keep the other copy as back up or gift it to one of your friends.

Hope that helps!

Korneel;

Thank you for that pleasant post, I have my answer, see you Friday

Thank's again

Vek

Hi Vek,

Hope that helps!

So the Supporter deal comes with a steam key, but does the standard play and contribute deal come with a steam key?

A Steam only deal would be nice. I want to keep all my digital purchase in one place (currently have 230+ games on Steam).

Hi Odweaver & Amuro,

The regular P&C deal comes with a digital copy from Store.bistudio.com. The premium P&C Supporter deal comes with - besides beta-access - a Store.bistudio.com and Steam full-final game copy upon release (plus other extras). So, if you'd like to play the game on Steam when it's released, I'd definitely recommend you to make use of this (limited-time) P&C Supporter offer! :)

That sucks. I guess I will have to wait for a sale on Steam then. I dont want to have to come to all these different websites to download the game and the subsequent patches when I could just get it on Steam later and have the patches automatically download.

That sucks. I guess I will have to wait for a sale on Steam then.

Good luck on the wait until September release then, THEN wait for a sale on Steam.

Awwww, you are going to have to visit TWO websites to update games. Come on - MAN UP !

No, its about convenience and not having my crap strewn all over the internet. I just like having all my games in one place. I just dont want to be fucked if BIS goes down for some reason and I cant download the game anymore. That could be said about Steam as well but that is less likely in the foreseeable future.