Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

MultiMaterial on Vehicle problem

Well ... I'm working on a vehicle (armored car) and I decided to use multimaterial shader for better texture results ... so far so good ...

Now the problem ... as far as I'm looking the vehicle from external view (3rd person view) or when I'm dismounted, everything is fine ... but when I'm in driver, cargo or gunner position, the only texture is visible is the base texture and not the MC as on the rest views.

My paths are triple checked and I did also another check copying the lod 0 as View Gunner and Cargo lods ... nothing changed.

For your reference, I'm using the RVMAT from Mondkalb's MultiMaterial Tutorial with my textures in MC map and just one color in Mask map.

Also I did the same as described above, to the inner compartment of the vehicle and there is no problem from any view on that ...

Any help will be much appreciated.

Aplion

As there is no reply so far to my issue above (I'm not complaining) I'll put another question regarding MultiMaterial RVMAT ...

My model needs to replace its textures upon destruction ... MultiMaterial RVMAts are not using any _CO.paa so there is no way through this to define a replacement (destruction) texture for my model.

Any thoughts about it also ?

Please ... in case MultiMaterial RVMATs are not appropriate for vehicles ... let me know ...

Thanks in advance.

Aplion

Please ... in case MultiMaterial RVMATs are not appropriate for vehicles ... let me know ...

The multi material is not intended for vehicles.

It is safely usable for structures, for everything else it can/will cause massive problems and incompatibilities like the very ones you are experiencing now.

Use multiple super shaders if you need to use multiple detail (_DT) textures on vehicles to increase the close-up quality of your textures.

The multi material is not intended for vehicles.

It is safely usable for structures, for everything else it can/will cause massive problems and incompatibilities like the very ones you are experiencing now.

Use multiple super shaders if you need to use multiple detail (_DT) textures on vehicles to increase the close-up quality of your textures.

Mondkalb thanks for your reply ... to be honest I don't know how to use these _DT textures (or even what are these kind of textures) in order to increase the quality of my basic textures as you proposed ... (sorry for that) ... is there any relative tutorial you may point me for that (if I'm not asking too much).

Thanks again.

UPDATE ... Mondkalb forget my question regarding _DT textures ...

Thanks again for help.

Aplion