Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated AMD catalyst drivers, now I have poor graphical performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th_Serf View Post
    I have a 6950 and updated my drivers about 3 days ago - no problems at all. Noticed a frame rate increase actually. Not sure why you are having problems but I'm not.
    To be fair, the white blinding flickering light only occurs when running in crossfire I think...

Are you using AA in game?

What are your video settings?

lets see...
    Quality - high
    interface resolution - 1920x1200x32
    3d resolution - 1920x1200x32
    Texture - Normal
    Video Memory - High
    Anisotropic Filtering - Low
    Antialisasing - Low
    Terrain detail - Normal
    Objects detail High
    Shadow detail - disabled (never liked it)
    HDR quality - normal
    Postprocess effects - Disabled (hated the blur)
    Interface size - Normal
    Aspect ratio - 16:10 - Wide
    Vsync - disabled

Hope this helps with your problems - maybe its one of the setting giving you issues. My game is very stable and smooth. Only running a single 6950 and not using crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th_Serf View Post
    lets see...
    Quality - high
    interface resolution - 1920x1200x32
    3d resolution - 1920x1200x32
    Texture - Normal
    Video Memory - High
    Anisotropic Filtering - Low
    Antialisasing - Low
    Terrain detail - Normal
    Objects detail High
    Shadow detail - disabled (never liked it)
    HDR quality - normal
    Postprocess effects - Disabled (hated the blur)
    Interface size - Normal
    Aspect ratio - 16:10 - Wide
    Vsync - disabled

Hope this helps with your problems - maybe its one of the setting giving you issues. My game is very stable and smooth. Only running a single 6950 and not using crossfire.
    Thanks for posting these.

Was doing some testing last night and I definitely can't seem to get rid of the white pixels all over foliage when using any form of AA. Also done a bit of searching and there's already a bug posting about it here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/15668 - doesn't look like it's going to be fixed in a hurry.

There's a couple of people are reporting that if they use driver controlled Anisotropic Filtering instead of Application controlled it's gets rid of the issue, but it's not doing anything for me.

From what I'm reading it seems to be isolated to Takistan which is pretty much the only map I have been playing on.

Quote Originally Posted by rob151515 View Post

Was doing some testing last night and I definitely can't seem to get rid of the white pixels all over foliage when using any form of AA. Also done a bit of searching and there's already a bug posting about it here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/15668 - doesn't look like it's going to be fixed in a hurry.

There's a couple of people are reporting that if they use driver controlled Anisotropic Filtering instead of Application controlled it's gets rid of the issue, but it's not doing anything for me.

From what I'm reading it seems to be isolated to Takistan which is pretty much the only map I have been playing on.
    Try the settings in this post and let us know how you get on.

From what I have read people with ATI cards seem to have started getting problems when upgrading their drivers from 10.10 to anything later. Unfortunately there is no support for 6970 using 10.10's (I think support was added sometime around 10.12)
    May well be card specific - I have a 5870 & use catalyst 11.12 with no problems. Have you checked the AMD forums? - might be some helpful posts there.

Good luck, sounds a real bummer.

Orcinus

Set Catalyst A.I to High Quality in CCC
    Spoiler:

Hi all may I ask whats the best driver version to use for ATI 4890 1gb thanks

I'd say it was the 10 series of drivers, e.g. 10.9

Ah ok I will go back to them and test again tbh I do have a lot of texture loading probs with 11 series on me ATI 4890 1gb.
    I am defragging now to hope it helps any way

Staff Sergeant
    using 11.10 version with a 6950 2GB, experiencing low gpu usage leading to low fps but otherwise works pretty ok...
    http://taw.net
    The Art of Warfare - join our Arma III team (Maturity, Microphone & Teamspeak 3 required)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast