Sign in to follow this  
solrac42

Re activating AI

Is it possible to re-activate an AI unit that the user has switched to using Teamswitch, and then Teamswitched back again.

Can the unit the user occupied be made to move again as an AI unit ?

Edited by solrac42

Thanks Orcinus, but that code only works for ArmA 2 and this post is for ArmA 1, is there any other way to re-activate AI ?

Thanks Orcinus, but that code only works for ArmA 2 and this post is for ArmA 1, is there any other way to re-activate AI ?

I can't be more precise that this, but DomZ's High Command Extensions was using another solution to that issue, i don't know if his code still has that after including Trexian's one, maybe it is compatible with arma 1...

Ah, sorry. I didn't know it was A2 only - I got given Arma X a couple of weeks ago but haven't installed any of the Arma 1 games yet.

Hmm - I have a reference somewhere to a post from several years before Trexian's, seemed somewhat more complicated, I'll have a search & if it looks possibly relating to Arma, I'll let you know.

BR

Orcinus

Later...

Knew I'd seen it somewhere. I found the link; it's the subject of an Arma scripting tutorial by Wolfrug, "ArmA / Script: How to make Team Switch work". Here you go:

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=393&game=ArmA

Do read the OFPEC forum thread as well:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=sb7t3lniu8nu6r5ru2td21c2c1&topic=30086.msg205947#msg205947

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus