Sign in to follow this  
Mustard

Basic Free Flight Help

Ok, love the game and graphics, animations very smooth and well done to the developers...

I have completed the missions and now want to base myself at the Larkin Heli base with the 500 (my preferred a/c, i want to do a walkaround, interact with people at the airbase and have a vehicle to drive, however....

i have to start a mission to get all of these (i dont want to do a mission) the free flight section starts me in a hover, ( i want to start up myself) and if i select free flight their are no vehicles on the ground i can drive and no people i can interact with....

What am i doing wrong??

I have completed the missions and now want to base myself at the Larkin Heli base with the 500 (my preferred a/c, i want to do a walkaround, interact with people at the airbase and have a vehicle to drive, however....

Next to the Free Flight section from the SP menu, there's also a Free Flight contract available at the Larkin heliport. It's available from the Esc > Heliport > Contracts menu. You will start at the heliport with the currently assigned helicopter on the ground.

I think yes.

Open the editor and choose the map you want.

-Place a unit and name it for exemple "player". In the init field write "player moveindriver heli"

-Place an EMPTY heli and name it "heli". You can start on the ground or in the air by modifying the state case.

On top right you can modify weather condition.

Edited by hon0

Actually it's even simple than that...

1) Open the editor on the map you want

2) Double click on the map to insert a unit (the default will be a helicopter already)

3) Change the helicoptor Class to 'light' or 'medium' if you prefer not to fly the heavy

4) Change the State to 'Flying'

5) Press 'Ok'

6) Press the 'Play' icon (or just hit the return key)

You should find yourself in a helicopter and flying