Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Micro Air Vehicle Addon

Amazing, great job! Looking forward to the release!

So instead, I think I want to set it as a PrimaryWeapon and then it could be stored inside a backpack. Right? Now I just have to figure out how to do that. Do I make the static Raven into a vehicle or a weapon or either or neither or both?
    What about a magazine or an item? With a magazine you can even have it take up multiple slots to represent the size of the thing?
    Combat Space Enhancement
    Support us in the MANW Contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbal View Post
    What about a magazine or an item? With a magazine you can even have it take up multiple slots to represent the size of the thing?
    Not exactly sure how but like the BIS M240 magazines, the Rockets for AT Launchers ect ect take up multiple slots. Im sure you can do the same with this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3r6F0ur View Post
    Not exactly sure how but like the BIS M240 magazines, the Rockets for AT Launchers ect ect take up multiple slots. Im sure you can do the same with this thing.
    Here you go. I found this out through trial and error, but at least the information here is laid out clear as day for all to see.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/C...Magazine_Sizes

Abs
    My Projects:

RHS Contributor | Former ONS Member | Former W'39 Member
    I will not be taking part in the contest, but I support it 100%! Great idea, BIS!

dude u gotta cut down on the awesome! way too much awesome for one person!

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Abs View Post
    Here you go. I found this out through trial and error, but at least the information here is laid out clear as day for all to see.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/C...Magazine_Sizes

Abs
    I like this line:
    "Note that specific ArmA2 women can only carry magazines and smallequipment (for their boyfriends?) and nothing else."

I saw this info before in my own research and wasn't sure if I had to make a weapon for the magazines. Like, do I have to make a fake weapon and then magazines for that weapon could be the Raven (or the controller)? Or maybe the weapon could be "Put" or "Throw"?

Hi Feint,
    Great fun to see your fantastic pics and videos! This will be a awesome expansion with an high field of usability.
    After all the positive feedback here, i thought about reworking the GCS. Coz it´s only a 30 min quickwork, i´m not very happy with it. You know it wasn´t planned from beginning so i didn´t put to much love in it.
    I thought also to make one Raven with folded wings for the weapon\magazin-Slot. Would be cool along with the "my shoe is open"-medic Animation to unfold.
    What are your thought´s about this?

Author of the Thread
    Sure, I can use a folded Raven, or one in pieces (there are vids on Youtube of the assembly process). If you want to make a more detailed controller, that's fine with me but as you don't really see the controller that much, except if you drop it on the ground out of your inventory, it might not be the best use of your time. I still need to figure out gear and inventory stuff.

I will PM you with another idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Feint View Post
    I like this line:
    "Note that specific ArmA2 women can only carry magazines and smallequipment (for their boyfriends?) and nothing else."

I saw this info before in my own research and wasn't sure if I had to make a weapon for the magazines. Like, do I have to make a fake weapon and then magazines for that weapon could be the Raven (or the controller)? Or maybe the weapon could be "Put" or "Throw"?
    lol...as we all know, Arma is a simulator.

You don't have to make a weapon to have a magazine. You can carry mags by themselves. Put/throw would be fitting, though, and may actually work for what you want to achieve.

Abs

Author of the Thread
    Roger that. Thanks for the info. I'll be looking into it, but might release this before I figure it out. We'll see how the wind blows.

UPDATE:
    Recent Changes:
    • Added the ability to change the Raven's altitude while in camera view
    • Removed altitude change addActions from the player menu - smoother interface
    • Added ability to change diameter of Raven's circle around the target while in camera view
    • Added on-screen indicators for:
      • Raven altitude changes
      • Target Circle diameter changes
      • Minimum and maximum values reached
      • Instructions for controlling the Raven while in flight
      • Direction Heading of Raven
      • Current Altitude of Raven
      • Current Distance of Raven from ground controller

Here's a video I put together using the RQ-11 Raven in the spotter role along with the Simple Support Module that comes with Arma2. It takes a little while, but by paying attention to the direction indicator of the Raven, using the map marker to mark times and locations of spotted enemy vehicles and infantry, and comparing the terrain features with the map contours, I was finally able to put some ordinance on target.

FYI, the green bar on the right is probably because I'm trying out a demo version of Sony Vegas to edit this video. I'm sick of Windows Live Movie Maker failing after spending an hour editing together a video.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

By the way, does anyone know how to format "time" so that if it is 7:30am, it doesn't say, "7:3" ? I would prefer to have the zero in there. Same with the compass return using getDir. Instead of round (getDir player) returning 12 degrees, I'd like it to say 012. Is there a script anyone knows about that does this? Maybe I should search first. :|

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast