Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Will ARMA3 feature realistic tank armor?

the current system ====> trash

Need some real damage system and protection features on modern MBT like ARENA and ERA ... enough hitpoints system.

I am wondering what you think the current system and the announced features for ArmA 3 actually are...

Please use the CWR2 CBT to help us provide a better experience.

We say evidence of active protection in the game, which by itself needs a more realistic armor simulation.
    My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
    Enfilade Ambush
    Autumn Siege

I would be happy with this, enable caption translation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsJ6Qgj7Tdc&feature=player_detailpage#t=42 6s

Doubt anything major will be in Arma 3 maybe in the expansions BIS will revamp the damage model for now just make it so RPG-7 can't fuck up my Abrams.
    *HAF 922 Cooler Master case
    *ASUS Maximus VI Gene Republic of Gamers Motherboard
    *Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell @3.8ghz
    *Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 @1600mhz
    *EVGA GTX560 Ti 2048MB DDR5 memory Factory clocked
    *Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD
    *Hannspree 22" Widescreen Monitor 1680x1050 @60hz

I hope that they will have a good armor!

In iraq we a large number of M1A2 SEP tanks hit with multiple rpgs in both the front facia and side. I have pics of one Abrams with 7 rpg hits. We had many with side penetrations and GD had to fly in and review these as they should not have penetrated the side as they did, one such rpg (sorry guys cant disclose type of rpg) went through the side, missed the gunners face by an inch or so sandblasting him with hot metal (he was fine but toasted a bit) and went through the main sight and stopped in the breech.

Rpgs hit the battery boxes, tracks, engines, etc, at no time did a single rpg stop an ABRAMS it was usally multiples, those firing were usually killed instantly because tankers use thermals at all times. Some tanks after being hit and moving a fair distance with rpgs would break down and need to be brought in by maint, but this is all common combat knowledge from investigations. During the time i was there we only had two heavies destroyed by rpg fire and this was the crew lighting the tank up because a larger force was trying to close in on it and take it, read, another tank (one of ours) lighting it up.

There are a few sites with some data on the push during the first iraq war (i was a lowly sgt at that time) and our tanks taking rounds from enemy main tank fire. Bis should contact Aberdeen to get some info.

Quote Originally Posted by SAbre4809 View Post

Wow, something like this combined with PhysX in Arma 3 would be quite awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by SAbre4809 View Post

Now that's what we need! good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo8 View Post
    Wow, something like this combined with PhysX in Arma 3 would be quite awesome!
    Heck yeah, realistic damage modelling + physX would draw armored warfare enthusiasts to Arma3 like a magnetic pole.

Man, it would be so awesome

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast