Sign in to follow this  
abs

How to stop my zasleh from casting a shadow?

Hi all,

As it says in the title, my zasleh casts a shadow. I've selected the proxy, pressed E, and completely unchecked the Enable shadow option. To be safe, I did it in the zasleh p3d too. To clarify, this is in a pistol.

I've tried searching both this and the arma forum for 'zasleh shadow' and nothing relevant came up. Any help is appreciated, as always. :)

Abs

Edited by Abs
Added [Solved] to the title.

Nope. It's for a phaser.

Abs

Nope, it's not in the shadow lod, and yes it does have a shadow lod. Want to take a look at it? It's a really simple model.

Abs

throw it online, if I have the chance I will take a look, but time is tight :( its sleep and write thesis for me :( maybe someone else will have a look before I wake up.

Sent Soul a PM with the location, but here it is just in case anyone else wants to take a look: [removed]

Abs

Edited by Abs
removed link, as problem is now solved.

Perhaps if you try...

Create a Geometry LoD in your 'STA2_Type2Zasleh.p3d' with nothing in it. Make a LoD Prop called 'sbsource' with a value of 'none' and a 'autocenter' with a value of '0' in this Geo LoD.

In the 0.0 LoD make a LoD Prop of 'sbsource=none'.

In your 'STA2_Type2.p3d', in your visual LoDs like 0.0 and ViewPilot make a LoD Property called 'lodnoshadow' with a value of '1'.

Give it a blast... excuse the pun.

Also, dunno how good it's going to be having such a long muzzleflash... but if it works go for it.

Thanks Sy! That's done it! The shadow no longer appears. :)

Also, the long muzzleflash works just fine. I don't think the game has ever taken its size into consideration.

Abs

Cool. Nice to see different stuff. Most excellent. The BI version of Planetside2... :)

ZwUGgo-mCsc

LOL .... lookin great

@Synide
The LOD Properties do my brain in, you have a source (asside from your brain! ) where they are explained?

Gnat;2127188']The LOD Properties do my brain in' date=' you have a source (asside from your brain! ) where they are explained?[/quote']

Yeah, brain (although that's degenerating), the o2 user manual, the bi forums, a database of curious information (built up from mine & other peoples musings over the years), tools that allow me to analyze 1 or many binarized content types at a time which can produce sumarized statistical and attribute info.

Eg. Run tools over all A1, A2 & OA weapons models look at output reports. Draw conclusions, try assumptions.

No real 'source' unfortunately. In this particular case I ran a tool over all 'muzzleflash' like BI content, looked at the output reports, mentally noted that they (pretty much) all seemed to have sbsource=none in a more than often or not empty GeoLoD, then checked what the O2 manual had describing sbsource=none (sometimes there's no official sources describing values, properties or attributes of config's, models or maps) and the lodnoshadow and autocenter are pretty standard... so just suggested ABS try them... made easier ofcourse by him posting what he currently had.

I think we could all agree though it more comes down to experience of knowing what sort of things to look at under what sort of conditions etc., there's no recipe as I'm sure you'd agree and half the time nowadays I'm wrong about stuff anyway.

Well, I for one am glad that you're here, Sy. I hadn't even known what LoD Properties were until you told me what to do today, and I found it just by playing around.

You wouldn't be able to give me any hints on how to change the muzzleflash light colour, would you? ...or am I asking for too much? ;)

Abs

muzzleEffect = "BIS_Effects_Rifle";

Defined in bullet/ammo

Likely the light source ..... but unfortuately I can't find the definition of "BIS_Effects_Rifle"

Theres lighting colour defined in;

class WeaponFireGun

a base class.

and this is used to define;

class GunFire

which resides under CFGVehicles ..... which doesn't seem to be a useful place for weapons :/

EDIT!

Found BIS_Effects_Rifle, thanks to Q1184 (forum user)

BIS_Effects_Rifle=compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\muzzle\rifle.sqf";

rifle.sqf

private ["_sh","_p","_tr1","_tr2","_vec","_i","_int"];
_sh = nearestobject [_this select 0, _this select 4];
_p = getpos _sh;
_vec = vectordir _sh;
_int=((speed _sh)/3240)*(0.7 + random 0.6);
_life=_int*(0.5 + random 0.2);
if (_life==0) exitwith {};
drop [["\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal",16,12,8], 
"", "Billboard", 1, _life, [0, 0, 0], [0, (2 + random 1.5)*_int, 0], 0, 0.104, 0.08, 
0.2,[0.1, 1*_int,1.6*_int,_int*2], [[0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.1 + random 0.07],[1, 1, 1, 0]],
[1/_life], 1, 0, "", "", _sh,random 360];
if (_int>1) then {_int=1};
if ((abs(_p select 2) < _int) and !(surfaceiswater _p)) then 
		{
		_tr1= (_int - abs(_p select 2))/1.3;

drop [["\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal.p3d", 16, 12, 13, 0], "", "Billboard", 1, 0.9 + random 0.3, 
		[_p select 0, _p select 1, 0.07], [((_vec select 0) -0.4 +(random 0.8))*1.3, ((_vec select 1) -0.4 +(random 0.8))*1.3, 0], 0, 
		0.104, 0.08, 0.2, [(0.2 + random 0.2)*_int,(1.3 +random 0.6)*_int],[[0.6, 0.5, 0.4, _tr1],[0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0]], 
		[1000], 1, 0, "", "", ""];	
		}

Soooo .... define your own muzzle effect / script.

The drop command is another that does my head in, so sorry can't tell you where the colour is.

OT: Bis is still using the slow "nearestobject" to "grab" the bullet !! They added a new parameter to fix that ..... but failed to use it in their own script.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Ninjad. I knew where it was and spent a bit more time looking into the config where it called those scripts. They're called by the init lines here:

Class DefaultEventhandlers 
       { 
       init="_scr = _this execVM "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\init.sqf";"; 

..and if I were to guess, I'm assuming that Universal.p3d is probably just a fog sprite (single face).

I'm most definitely not a scripter, so that script means nothing to me yet, but I did not see any RGB values that I could adjust so I assumed that I wouldn't need to modify the effect script. I'll look into those classes that you mentioned and see if anything pops up. :)

My goal is to have three different coloured muzzle effects. Blue for the Federation, red for the Klingons, and green for the Romulans. I'm hoping this is possible.

I'll let you guys know if I find anything...please do the same. :)

Abs