Sign in to follow this  
volkov956

Make Landscape not in Visitor?

Been trying for years to make a map for Arma 2 but I find its tools really disapointing is there any other tool like 3dsmax that I can create the Map Data (aka the terrain then import it into visitor) I dont want to use 2D heighmaps I want to hand place and modify the terrain manually...I find bulldozer lacking in this functionality and to be very limited and slow. And for some reason the how tos for it are boggling me i dunno why tranlation errors or assuming u dont need to be informed certain things cause you should know I dunno.

Or can someone redirect me to a proper Visitor How to that its lacking maybe?

Gooda my friend showed me thats its possible to do on 3dsmax but now the price is interesting to say the least....

For a free 2D & 3D Heightmap generator / editor, L3DT Standard Edition is hard to beat... I think the free edition handles heightmaps up to 2048x2048 which is probably as high as you'd want to go anyway...

There's also a (3 month!!) fully functional trial of the Pro version available...

B

i have 3ds max and would love to know how to make terrains on it..if you know anyone that can kind of point me in the right direction that would be sweet ..Thanks gents

Edited by Doofy
i spell terrible

easiest way is probably to make the model of your terrain and find a way to convert to an xyz format and import to visitor.

Obviously scale is your biggest enemy but if you see it as 1m max = 10m visitor , i think you can then import the 1meter to visitor

save .pbl

then open .pbl and change to 10 meters and re import , other than that i dont know more sorry , hope it helps

thank you sir..ill test er out..much appreciated.

For a free 2D & 3D Heightmap generator / editor, L3DT Standard Edition is hard to beat... I think the free edition handles heightmaps up to 2048x2048 which is probably as high as you'd want to go anyway...

There's also a (3 month!!) fully functional trial of the Pro version available...

B

Absolutely agreeing with you, I am so much convinced about L3DT that I purchased the full (pro) version. I can do a lot more of that I ever wanted to do...e v e r y t h i n g s!!! absolutely awesome tool.

If anybody needs assistance in that, I can suggest the fjord tutorial to understand how to work with L3DT