Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - WIP

I just about had a heart attack reading that one sentence, then I read on... whew! :)

looks awesome guys. I like the idea of pooling your resources into one project ' date=' it makes sense. I'm curious, were the units made from scratch? They certainly look so and can't wait to see them in their full glory.[/quote']

Those units are 100% scratch made (well xcept the head and hands). There are about 20 different individual infantry models ready at this point.

I love RHS. I can't wait until these all get released. It will be a GRAND DAY.

Best news since Arma3!

Well lads. Looks like im out of a job....

I hope not.

Edited by Katipo66

Hi,

Love the Red Hammer stuff and excited to see that you are continuing with it. I do have what may be a stupid question though. Now that this is a Total Conversion mod, who will the Russians be fighting against? I can only assume that with Total Conversion comes BLUFOR/Independant units?

Hi,

Love the Red Hammer stuff and excited to see that you are continuing with it. I do have what may be a stupid question though. Now that this is a Total Conversion mod, who will the Russians be fighting against? I can only assume that with Total Conversion comes BLUFOR/Independant units?

Your assumption is wrong here. The scope of this is different: it is aimed at bringing realistic and up to date russian forces in a single pack. Think of it as any any of those OA DLCs...

Think of it as any any of those OA DLCs...

.... arma 3 is out in a few month, and with, russian PMC on independent side

i wouldn't mind seeing russian in blufor or independent, the cold war is over

Nice April fools :cool:

Posted on March 30th. I assure you sir, it is not a joke.

Your assumption is wrong here. The scope of this is different: it is aimed at bringing realistic and up to date russian forces in a single pack. Think of it as any any of those OA DLCs...

Ok, fair enough. It wasn't a request ;-) I guess I was thinking of other total conversions like I44, Unsung, VTE, ACE etc. At the end of the day I am more than happy to use the RH stuff against other existing BLUFOR units so no issues there!

Will the different branches will be represented in the mod? Or only Motorized Rifle Troops?

.... arma 3 is out in a few month, and with, russian PMC on independent side

i wouldn't mind seeing russian in blufor or independent, the cold war is over

There is no russian PMCs..check arma3.com. I really don't know where how this rumor spread...

Will the different branches will be represented in the mod? Or only Motorized Rifle Troops?

patience...;)

Different branches will be present.

There is no russian PMCs..check arma3.com. I really don't know where how this rumor spread...

already checked and i was surprised, i've seen this in the ArmA 3 general, maybe it was a rumor and they removed it

The russian PMC was mentioned earlier in the ARMA3 page, but after the ongoing revamping of the page any mention of it was deleted.

Ðаконец-то! С нетерпением жду выхода мода!

Finally! Can't wait for realease date!

:459::notworthy::icon_dj:

Top news RHS!!!!

Cannot wait.

You gonna make this work with ACE....

For the love of god please do!

You gonna make this work with ACE....

For the love of god please do!

We'd love to, we really do. But the truth is, it take a big team to even make ACE work with ACE, and right now we just dont have that kind of manpower let alone experience. It is something I have approached Sickboy about, but currently they don't have the resources to allocate any hands on help. So the first 0.1 release will not be tailored for the specifics of ACE. With that said, however, we anticipate (or at least hope) that the situation might change after the first release. As interest will rise, and the demand for ACE support increase, perhaps persons knowledgeable in the intricate workings of ACE could be recruited to dedicated to full time integration.

Very good news for me:)

BTW, will this mod include T-55 and T-62 tanks?

This is a thing that got discussed a few times, some say that the forces should be modern equipped but personally id say we need a wide range of stuff and that also includes older tanks etc too.

We have them anyway and they are in the works since a long time, yet they still slowly make progress along with Kenjis great t-80U variants.

So id say yes but possibly not in the first release.

---

Also we as always are looking for people intrested to help or even better join the project.

What we always look for is:

- Texturers

- Coders

- 3d Artists

- Terrain designers

- Mission designers

- Animators

But anyone who thinks he has somethign for us should feel free to contact me or Alex.

A guy who would make a new GUI for the mod or for example the artillery system would be very welcome too.

Whats not really needed atm is testers, we got a lot of these onboard already.

Edited by Shadow NX

We'd love to, we really do. But the truth is, it take a big team to even make ACE work with ACE, and right now we just dont have that kind of manpower let alone experience. It is something I have approached Sickboy about, but currently they don't have the resources to allocate any hands on help. So the first 0.1 release will not be tailored for the specifics of ACE. With that said, however, we anticipate (or at least hope) that the situation might change after the first release. As interest will rise, and the demand for ACE support increase, perhaps persons knowledgeable in the intricate workings of ACE could be recruited to dedicated to full time integration.

I really hope this will work with ACE someday. Those units are breath taking. RHS always delivers ultra high quality. Great work guys.