Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiplayer Slingload

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Are you still planning or working on fixing the script so that cargo does not disappear once it has been dropped or are the BIS side issues still there? (I might have a go a editing it myself if the issues are fixed if thats ok)
    My custom missions:
    TOH - COOP5 Operation Pegasus http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ration-Pegasus
    TOH - COOP Convoy attack (both Hinds and stock versions) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-Convoy-Attack
    A2CO Multi-mission Template http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...48#post2182048
    Basic Vehicle respawn script (A3 Alpha) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...72#post2389272

[EVO] Multigaming Clan is recuiting at ts3.evoclan.net

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by [EVO] Dan View Post
    Are you still planning or working on fixing the script so that cargo does not disappear once it has been dropped or are the BIS side issues still there? (I might have a go a editing it myself if the issues are fixed if thats ok)
    Hi Dan,

I completely forgot about fixing Slingload scripts for TakeOn Helicopters in dedicated servers.
    Although, after giving a quick look at the files I think I have a very easy/quick fix, although, I cannot test it atm since I'm not home.

If you are are to do a quick blind test here goes the modification:

Download

If you are up to test it, please, don't forget to tell me if it works,
    _neo_
    Proud community admin/member of The Tour of Teamrespawn

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Just tested it on a dedicated server. It works, when I dropped the cargo off, I could see it, and so could the other guy on the server, and it was the correct and same object for both of us. Thank you for the fix!

Author of the Thread
    Just tested it on a dedicated server. It works, when I dropped the cargo off, I could see it, and so could the other guy on the server, and it was the correct and same object for both of us. Thank you for the fix!
    Great, I'll wrap it in a new version when I get back.

Thanks,
    _neo_

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    I got a question aboutr how you attach the load script wise. Do you delete the object at anytime whilst doing it, or is it simply just being attached to things?

Author of the Thread
    I got a question aboutr how you attach the load script wise. Do you delete the object at anytime whilst doing it, or is it simply just being attached to things?
    Well in theory is quite simple.
    The problem with the ropes in TakeOn is that they are Local, one rope can only exist in one machine, like, if you create a rope on the server, only the server "sees" the rope, while in the clients machines it does not exist.

What I do within the scripts is create each rope multiple times per machine and this is quite simple, the problems start when you want the ropes to interact with objects, because if you attach a (global) object to a (local) rope, the object disappears where it is remote, and will only be seen where the rope is local.

For this, I have to delete the global object (cargo) once the rope is attached to it, then, create the same object multiple times per machine locally, ofc, I also need to do basically the same when the rope is detached, I delete all the (local) objects that exist on each machine, and create the global object instead, that everyone sees.
    I also have to deal with all kind of garbage, and properly delete it.

If done right, this method can be quite effective, but it is still a scripted solution with several limitations.

_neo_

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    does the global object keep its same name though at the end of this? (i.e if i name it box1, then lift it and then drop it, will the global box recreated at the still be called box1?)

Author of the Thread
    does the global object keep its same name though at the end of this? (i.e if i name it box1, then lift it and then drop it, will the global box recreated at the still be called box1?)
    No, since it will be a completely different instance of the class.
    Although, with a few changes it should be possible to make the new object have the same name as the last one, but any other reference of the old object won't be available anymore.

As a work around, for example, to check if all cargo has been transported is to check by class name and nearestObjects.

_neo_
    Last edited by neokika; Aug 27 2012 at 18:33.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Ah yes, thats a good idea. Thank you for you help and your awesome scripts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12