Thread: Multiplayer Slingload

Multiplayer Slingload

Name: Multiplayer Slingload
    Developer: _neo_ aka neokika
    Version: Alpha
    Credits: Osmo for feedback and testing
    Download: Multiplayer Slingload - Example Mission

Description
    • This script will allow you to Slingload objects such as people and cars in an on-line game.

How does it work?
    • Using some very simple JIP and Multiplayer scripting techniques rope simulation in multiplayer becomes possible, running locally on each machine, while being JIP aware.

Notes
    • Only AI units can be slingloaded
    • Any object can be slingloaded
    • To add more object classes that can be slingloaded add them at "scripts\NEO_slingload\sl_action.sqf" - Line 3 - Carefull here, there are some non-physics aware objects, that if you drop them in air they wont fall, so take this into account when adding more
    • These set of script will also add action to choppers screens, adding the possibility to see the Hook camera and or Fastrope camera that are syncronized over the network (If one players turn it on, others see it - Including JIP) - There may be also random things happening on this part, but I'm working on fixing this
    • There is also the Fastrope available that allows players to fastrope out of the Medium and Heavy Choppers (This is a custom fastrope, not default one, so the players wont actually be attach to the rope)
    • Take into account, that if a chopper does not have a Hook, you cant sling load, if your chopper does not have a Winch you cant fast rope, if it does not have a FLIR screen you cant turn it on etc, so you have to manually add these yourself, this way, you can have a mission that some choppers have these and others not, while if you add these parts at mid mission, they will get the actions again
    • You can drop/pull your Hook (Slingload) rope by pressing the "StepOver" action and attach/detach a cargo to rope using "Binocular" action

Installation

init.sqf
    Note this is just an example, adding all AIR objects to run the script (Since in example mission I only have choppers)
    PHP Code:
    (allMissionObjects "Air"execVM "scripts\NEO_slingload\sl_init.sqf"
    - Latest Version
    • Alpha

_neo_
    Last edited by neokika; Nov 1 2012 at 21:15.
    Proud community admin/member of The Tour of Teamrespawn

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Cool, nice to see this done (would be nicer if BIS had done it in the first place). Will try this out later and myabe make a proper mission to release as well.
    My custom missions:
    TOH - COOP5 Operation Pegasus http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ration-Pegasus
    TOH - COOP Convoy attack (both Hinds and stock versions) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-Convoy-Attack
    A2CO Multi-mission Template http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...48#post2182048
    Basic Vehicle respawn script (A3 Alpha) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...72#post2389272

[EVO] Multigaming Clan is recuiting at ts3.evoclan.net

Very nice indeed! Will check this out later on.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Excellent work my friend. Me an my mates will be enjoying all kinds of sling load action thanks to you.

One small question if you don't mind. I allowed 'air' units to be sling loaded in the script file however I think that when ordered to attach to cargo the helicopter is attaching to itself. Which kicks me out and freezes the helicopter I was just flying in place. Is there anyway to make it so the load that is being attached is never the players chopper?

Cheers again for a great script.

Nice work.

Shame on BI for not making sure that everything works in MP (hosted and dedicated)

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Codfish View Post
    One small question if you don't mind. I allowed 'air' units to be sling loaded in the script file however I think that when ordered to attach to cargo the helicopter is attaching to itself. Which kicks me out and freezes the helicopter I was just flying in place. Is there anyway to make it so the load that is being attached is never the players chopper?
    Thanks for the feedback,

Sure, you just need to add the following to line 44 of sl_action.sqf

PHP Code:
    //From
    if (!(_x isKindOf "Man") || !isPlayer _xthen

//To
    if ((!(_x isKindOf "Man") || !isPlayer _x) && _x != vehicle playerthen 
    This should make it so the player vehicle won't get into account while searching for objects to slingloaded.
    This also has been merged in the current version (not released) of the script.

Thanks,
    _neo_

nearestLocation [(getPos player), "nameCity"];
    Nice work _neo_! Let's hope BIS will pick it up for the next patch!

has anyone tried this on a dedicated server? for me cargo always disappears upon detaching (the same mission works okay on a hosted MP session however).

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what is least known." - Michel de Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by daikan View Post
    has anyone tried this on a dedicated server? for me cargo always disappears upon detaching (the same mission works okay on a hosted MP session however).
    Yes, same here. Neokika can you please modify your scripts to make them work on dedi?

Author of the Thread
    Hi all,

I have found the problem with the cargo disappearing after released from the rope.

Check here:
    https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31145
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...dicated-Server

I'll wait and see if the problem can be fixed in the next patch, otherwise I'll have to re-do some of the parts of this script in order to make it work, differently.

_neo_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast