Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 91138 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[91055] Fixed: Respawn with backpack

[90909] Fixed: crash of Linux server when player with custom face connects

[90901] New: setUnitRecoilCoefficient command

+ client and server side crash hotfixes

get - unitRecoilCoefficient

set - setUnitRecoilCoefficient

multiplies recoil by value provided

setUnitRecoilCoefficient <value>; //0 = off, 1 = actual state, 2 = double recoil etc.

Edited by Dwarden

Any details on setUnitRecoilCoefficient available please?

[90901] New: setUnitRecoilCoefficient command

Will it make AI "one shot skills" more realistic ? and will AI's accuracy after being hurt ? (ofc with this command )

updated first post with new command examples

Maybe this will finally make AI MGs not so utterly useless even if it isn't really a fix. Gotta try it out.

Is BattleEye updated yet for this?

yes, now it is

this setUnitRecoilCoefficient 0 (or 1, or 2) doesn't seem to have any effect. Machinegunners send just as many rounds into the sky no matter you do. I tried a value of .1 as well.

this setUnitRecoilCoefficient 0 (or 1, or 2) doesn't seem to have any effect. Machinegunners send just as many rounds into the sky no matter you do. I tried a value of .1 as well.

What about negative values? :P

since i installed latest beta i cant seem to connect to any server, be it wiht the beta or vanilla, all i see before getting the constant loading screen is a red message in the console but it fades too fast for me to reconize what it is about, someone mentioned battleye so i updated that manually, no go though.

Awesome. i am not much of a code guy so i ask this - can this new recoilmultiplier be linked to unit stance?

Question,

I had applied this for client side, and am trying to set this up for my game server, im trying to get the startup parameters down for the server.

By default this is what we normally run (without betas just 1.60 patch)

-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@PCPack

this is the instructions from my server (NFO servers)

To specify mods for the server to load when it starts, please use the blank below.

For example, to run a Combined Ops server, use arma2;expansion;ca

so in the blank field we have arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@PCPack

before the blank field is -mod=

so altogether we run:

-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@PCPack

now with this new beta, I have set it up like this:

blank field

arma2;expansion;ca;beta;Expansion;beta;Expansion;@CBA;@PCPack

of course with the -mod= parameter

-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;beta;Expansion;beta;Expansion;@CBA;@PCPack

the server wont accept \ which is used for folders, so Im assuming ; for its replacement.

The server accepted the mod parameter.

but I dont know if the server is actually running the beta, and Im assuming its not, as the insurgency mission running with 1.60

only crashes on load of the mission, and still crashes with the beta.

server dont crash but the mission/s do at random, sometimes when my buddy and I are both on, or sometimes when either one of

us is trying to contact while the other is on this is just with 1.60, but with beta we dont know yet.

Thoughts?

ps. I never ran betas before so im assuming this is correct for client, is it?

E:\Games\Arma2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@COWarMod

edit:

my NFo host posted to me:

The semicolon is a separator between mod folders. We don't currently support \ in the list you are able to submit,

since it would introduce potential security problems; anything containing a \ is something we would need to add manually for you.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

What about negative values? :P

Did that work for you? Because Dwarden said that the recoil is 'multiplied' by the value. And I'm not exactly sure what negative recoil would be, but it sounds like the gun barrel would be forced down instead of up.

Hmmm.... I was hoping that this would adjust the movement of the aim point after the gun fires, and not the "kick" of the gun. Oh well.

I get huge FPS drops with this patch ....

I have the same problem.

Roger that...I am noticing stuttering with this beta, most noticable when driving in vehicles. I was using Vanilla arma2 with the beta, no addons at all.

Other than that, no crashes or problems noticed and still an enjoyable multiplayer experience.

Edit: Played again tonight with no stuttering? Not sure whats going on here.

Edited by Rough Knight

these of you who have FPS drop, can You put up Your arma2oa.rpt files? (compressed ofc)

Game froze again (while playing custom SP mission) until I forced the game to shut down. No dumps was made and nothing in RPT except these as the last lines if these help anything:

class HitPoints::Hitglass not found in Land_HouseV_1I1_dam
Error: Hitpoint Hitglass not found in the model ca\structures\house\housev\housev_1i1_dam.p3d (original model ca\structures\house\housev\housev_1i1.p3d)

I manually set virtual memory to 10Gb (min and max) and switched graphics memory default. But those dosent seem to help against the suddent random freezing. :S

My computer: i7-2600k, 8Gt DDR1600 memory, HD6780, Windows 7, latest drivers and directX

Edited by SaOk

This seems very stable for me, with good fps.

No stuttering here.