Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 91138 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

I, too, had a few freezes with this beta. When it happens, the game just stops responding. On one occasion, Windows stopped as well but on others I was able to pull up Task Manager and kill the process.

It happened in SP games (PMC campaign missions) and when it happens, nothing goes into the RPT file.

Pistol bug is back this time with M9 pistols (US Army SF) perhaps its better to equip default AI only with rifle and/or AT/AA launcher? Or make 100% sure that AI will use pistols rather rare and force them to switch back to their rifle (primary weapon).

I am getting more flushable CTDs than usual (NVIDIA driver TDR errors and "video hardware errors" :(), and also got a few (but rare) Windows lockups like xxbbcc above. Nothing in rpt other than MASSIVE AMOUNTS of messages like these:

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female03\cz\numbers\one2.wss'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female02\cz\veli.wss'

Edited by OMAC

Or these old chestnuts .....

Server: Object 4:561 not found (message 225)

Server: Object 2:25390 not found (message 132)

Server: Object 4:592 not found (message 124)

Either tell us how to get rid of them (in our coding) or stop the engine from making them!

I am getting more flushable CTDs than usual (NVIDIA driver TDR errors and "video hardware errors" :(), and also got a few (but rare) Windows lockups like xxbbcc above. Nothing in rpt other than MASSIVE AMOUNTS of messages like these:

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female03\cz\numbers\one2.wss'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female02\cz\veli.wss'

Yeah I get them too.

Joystick mapping does work, but surprisingly only for a short period of time.

after a minute or so arma resets z rotation to work as x- x+, really weird, pls fix this.

( logitech extreme3d pro win7 x64 )

Joystick mapping does work, but surprisingly only for a short period of time.

after a minute or so arma resets z rotation to work as x- x+, really weird, pls fix this.

( logitech extreme3d pro win7 x64 )

have the same stick , and system. no problems here. must be on your side.

Is there a possibility to make the new driving handling toogleable in next beta ?

I'm a bit annoyed by the new system ...

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Looks like setUnitRecoilCoefficient is doing nothing, as noticed by zGuba.

BIS any advices?

Is there a possibility to make the new driving handling toogleable in next beta ?

I'm a bit annoyed by the new system ...

+1

Don't know if this is related - I hadn't tried riding a motorcycle in-game for a while. Since 1.60 it seems very much harder to control using the keyboard - wild oversteeer at anything over a few kph.

I had occasion to do a complete reinstall (was given Arma X :)) & briefly tried with 1.59 before installing the 1.60 patch & it seemed easier.

- have seen this well known OFP/CWA muzzle bug after loading a mission - AI is still not able to get wounded/unconscious player out of vehicles to heal him (maybe have at least the option for player to "get/drop out") - AI is still not able to switch back from handgun/pistol to their rifle (in OFP/CWA one could order AI to use a certain weapon and it worked!!)

- AI is still not able to get wounded/unconscious player out of vehicles to heal him (maybe have at least the option for player to "get/drop out") )

+1 on this, at least an option for player to exit the vehicle would be nice.

i get

---------------------------

ArmA 2 OA

Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine

OK

message box...

has got something to do with mods... because it starts properly from the shortcut but not from the launcher i have.

I want to revive some old discussion about T90 armor in the game !

BIS did nothing about that ...

The tank gets destroyed by one M256 shot ...

I want to revive some old discussion about T90 armor in the game !

BIS did nothing about that ...

The tank gets destroyed by one M256 shot ...

Oh man, there so so much more of that kind that should be discussed.

Once Arma 3 Alpha is out the retail release what kind of support will Arma 2 receive? I assumed Arma 2 would get 1.61 and that's it, move onto Arma 3?

Oh man, there so so much more of that kind that should be discussed.

Like helicopters that take 8 AA and still can do emergency landing ? :D

Or AH1Z that stays fully operational after being shot by SABOT ^^

But my favourite is the sidewinder that can be shot at FFAR rate :D

Still,the T90 weakness (on which basis M1a1 gets 850 points while T90 gets 800 :S) is the most annoying among all !

Like helicopters that take 8 AA and still can do emergency landing ? :D

But my favourite is the sidewinder that can be shot at FFAR rate :D

Still,the T90 weakness (on which basis M1a1 gets 850 points while T90 gets 800 :S) is the most annoying among all !

Or the simple fact that missile warning for MOST aircraft is broken for a YEAR now and despite promises (see my CIT) nobody cares.

In fact I actually reverted to ArmA II 1.11 for playing since ArmA II is simply the better game with less broken or cheaply implemented features.

As for Support...Armed Assault got last Update in 2009, that's 4 years after release...the 1.18 patch was 1,5 years in beta stage...not to mention cold war assault that got 1.99 update after 9 years. While BIS is slow in updating you cant say they abandon their games all that early...and thats the only reason why we buy the buggy betas they put out as final.

Edited by Beagle

A sabot won't hurt a helicopter much more than a 30mm AP round, if there's nothing important in the way. Hit the crew or rotors and see what happens.

A sabot won't hurt a helicopter much more than a 30mm AP round, if there's nothing important in the way. Hit the crew or rotors and see what happens.
Lame comment because a HEAT in ArmA II will do even less. Now show me how to fly on with a HEAT in your side in... let's say... DCS Ka-50.

In DCS a few round from 30mm wil bring you down DEFINATELY as well as a nearby MANPADS miss.

This shows what ArmA does..it gives an Attack chopper more hitpoints than a T-72 has...this was once made to let it survive a MANPADS back in 2009 when no countermeasures were in the game...now we have countermeasures and still flying tanks.

Edited by Beagle