Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Is this the right game?

Is this the right game?

Hello members!

I recently purchased Arma X and realized that it said I dont have Arma:Combat Operations, is this the same game as armed assault? I bought the Arma X package off of steam.

-Thanks,
    TheNoobWar

ArmA Gold included in Arma X encompasses Armed Assault (titled Combat Operations in North America) and its expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    ArmA Gold included in Arma X encompasses Armed Assault (titled Combat Operations in North America) and its expansion.
    Ok thanks, also how do I install CO (Combined Operations) cause if I want to play on an Arma 2 server it would require me exiting OA then go to Arma 2. Is there a way to make combined operations work for steam because it wont launch.

EDIT:Yeah I played Armed Assault it was awesome! Why did they change it's name though? Is it because (arm)ed (a)ssault would be better for a series so Armed Assault 2 = Arma 2?

4.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #4
    A2: CO (ARMA 2: Combined Operation) is name for combination of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead (engine+data) and ARMA 2 (data)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
    A2: CO (ARMA 2: Combined Operation) is name for combination of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead (engine+data) and ARMA 2 (data)
    What I'm saying is when I want to start CO with Steam it won't open but if I want to open up OA with steam it will. But then I want to play arma 2 and arma 2:free servers there too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoobWar View Post
    Why did they change it's name though? Is it because (arm)ed (a)ssault would be better for a series so Armed Assault 2 = Arma 2?
    No, "ArmA" is Latin for "weapons of war" and "military power" among others, which I assume is why they used it. Both imo reflect nicely on the flexibility of the engine and editor (sandbox experience).

Noun

arma (genitive armōrum); n pl, second declension (plural only; not used in singular form)

-defensive arms, armor/armour, shields, weapons of war.
    -war
    -soldiers, military power
    -defence
    -tools
    ArmA1 was never officially called just "Armed Assault", it only served as a given name, so "ArmA: Armed Assault" ("ArmA: Combat Operations" in the US). "ArmA: Armed Assault" is a poor name imo, which sort of reflects the stepping stone towards ArmA2 that the game was. Giving it a better name would also have prevented the confusion of people thinking that "ArmA" is an abbreviation of "Armed Assault". The second capital "A" I assume serves nothing more than esthetic purposes but must have added to the confusion.
    Creating ArmA:CWA addons at a snail's pace and newsposter @ OFPr.info.

Quote Originally Posted by JdB View Post
    No, "ArmA" is Latin for "weapons of war" and "military power" among others, which I assume is why they used it. Both imo reflect nicely on the flexibility of the engine and editor (sandbox experience).

ArmA1 was never officially called just "Armed Assault", it only served as a given name, so "ArmA: Armed Assault" ("ArmA: Combat Operations" in the US). "ArmA: Armed Assault" is a poor name imo, which sort of reflects the stepping stone towards ArmA2 that the game was. Giving it a better name would also have prevented the confusion of people thinking that "ArmA" is an abbreviation of "Armed Assault". The second capital "A" I assume serves nothing more than esthetic purposes but must have added to the confusion.
    What about my CO problems?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoobWar View Post
    What about my CO problems?
    you have to buy Arma2 and Operation arrowhead (I'm not sure if they were included into arma x pack on steam)

Now when you have those load OA with steam, and it will ask wether you want to play original or combined operations, select combined operations, hit ok, and play.

if ever you decide to get ACE mod, then Six updater will do all that for you, all you have to do in six is hit "launch"

Hope I helped with your troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy890 View Post
    you have to buy Arma2 and Operation arrowhead (I'm not sure if they were included into arma x pack on steam)

Now when you have those load OA with steam, and it will ask wether you want to play original or combined operations, select combined operations, hit ok, and play.

if ever you decide to get ACE mod, then Six updater will do all that for you, all you have to do in six is hit "launch"

Hope I helped with your troubles.
    Sadly I wished it was this easy. And yes Arma X comes with ALL arma games and expansions/dlc. It's that I get an error code in command prompt when I try to open it and it disappears in like half a second, and CO does NOT open.

Can anyone help me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast