dslyecxi

ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement Mod (beta)

I've just released the ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement Mod. Note that this is a beta release, so expect some potential issues. With that being said, it has been quite usable for those of us at ShackTac and I'm happy with how it has turned out.

You can find details and download info here. Feature requests and bug reports can be handled there as well through the ticket system. The news/files sections will be updated as new versions are released.

Here are some example videos showing off functionality:

OGgLBBuQrIk

rlN99dqNKy0

News sites, please do not mirror the files themselves. I'd like it to be accessible from DH exclusively.

Also, since I know this will come up: No, I do not plan to make this for any other vehicles aside from the xH-6 platform. If you'd like to take on that challenge, feel free - I just do not personally have the time for it.

Enjoy! :D

Edited by Dslyecxi

Awesome! Looks very promising, can't wait to give it a spin.

Woa, looks amazing! Great work, TFB is probably going to be using this within the week. :p

Yep. Its fucking awesome.

Thanks!

Edit: Only problem for me now is flying the chop with mod enabled - 'W' key makes you leave the pilot seat (ergo crash) and I generally use that for flying -doh! :p

Edited by froggyluv

Another amazing & characteristically small addon from the ShackTac team - thanks!

I don't play MP (yet) but can't resist trying it after reading this:

"whatever happens in SP is a surprise just waiting for you to discover, whee!"

I look forward to being surprised this evening :)

BR

Orcinus

very nice , i test it and woow ! i really like the FFV feature but the way you need for aiming isn't very simple. Anyway thanks for this addon maybe someone can take your FFS system for some blackhawk mod or something like that :p

Thanks Dslyecxi :smile_o:

I have a prob., if I sit on the skid (key enter), I cant get out of te chopper - How does it work ?

Or am I doing something wrong :j:

greetz

miller

Edit: Only problem for me now is flying the chop with mod enabled - 'W' key makes you leave the pilot seat (ergo crash) and I generally use that for flying -doh!

This definitely should not happen. If you find repro steps (ie: what mods you're using, what helo, OA version, etc) post them to the tracker. W/S (or rather - moveForward/moveBack) should only work when sitting on the bench seats.

I have a prob., if I sit on the skid (key enter), I cant get out of te chopper - How does it work ?

Or am I doing something wrong

If you're in FFV mode, W toggles into it and S toggles out. After that, normal action menu bits apply. Check the wiki if you're not sure how it's supposed to work.

Just amazing mate!

Talking of others taking up the challenge of firing from other vehicles, could you give us an idea of the complexity of this process?

With an AI pilot, is it possible to take controls from him, then pass back control?

is the fire from vehicle only working for little bird yet? I have to test that asap, that's really cool for small firearm-teams..excellent dude

This definitely should not happen. If you find repro steps (ie: what mods you're using, what helo, OA version, etc) post them to the tracker. W/S (or rather - moveForward/moveBack) should only work when sitting on the bench seats.

Ok, will do. The strange thing is that only in the pilot seat did I see the yellowed option FFV (W) as opposed to just the normal FFV option.

Woh, great job Dslyecxi, I hope that BIS would take a look at this and take into consideration some more realistic details to be added,

choosing your seat would be a good place to start.

well... I love you :o

Theres a bit of issues with the skids and ffv that im sure youre well aware of, but yea... loves going your way right now.

Amazing work! This has been needed for so long, thank you so much for releasing this to the public.

Now if only BIS had NATIVE firing from vehicles we wouldn't have too many other issues :)

Thanks again Dsylecxi.

VERY NICE! Love the 2nd vid - I recognize that action from Blackhawk Down :)

Question - are you using the default BIS flight model for the little birds? I hope you say no - if you say yes then that means I'm a REALLY bad little bird pilot! :D