Gulf Of Aqaba v0.3
This project refers to a landscape east of the Sinai Peninsula.
It is a so-called quadrilateral region (Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia) with a real-Terrain on the Gulf of Aqaba with the cities of Aqaba (jord.), Eilat, Eilot (isra.) and Taba (egyp.).
The Real-terrain is 20.48 x 20.48 km = ~ 420 km2.
A huge satellite image (pixels nearly 500 million) I used as a template where what belongs to roads, buildings, etc..
Thanks to ArcGIS and USGS (NASA Earth Data).
The map is still expandable. In the North Eastern mountain roads and camps can be expanded. This will happen in a later update.
In 2020 Egyptian and Palestinian radical Islamic terrorist organizations have toppled the Egyptian government and occupy large parts of Jordan and also operate in Israel. Israel and Jordan fight (as it was in 1970) side by side against terrorism.
The story leans heavily on the historical background from 1970, with the terrorist PLO and its offshoot, the Jordanian government ousted in part, threatened and terrorized. Without the flow of arms from the U.S. and the military support of Israel, Jordan probably would lost the war against the PLO and Syria.
source: Black September
051. fixed Savegame-Continuation-Error
Hint for old missions:
Old saved missions must be deleted from the Save folder:
C: \ Users \ username \ Documents \ ArmA 2 Other Profiles \ User name \ Saved and Saved User
052. fixed sporadic errors without effect
"You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on content that you have deleted: Addonname..._aqaba or Addonname..._v"
Hint for old missions:
All end name ..._ v or ..._aqaba in the addon list in the missions.sqm must be deleted.
e.g. jof_objects1_aqaba is incorrect; jof_objects1 is correct
044. fixed Land Contact Swimmingpool in Eilot
045. fixed Land Contact four Villas in Eilat
025. fixed opxbuildings\little mosque.p3d: house, config class missing [RPT-Logfile]
026. fixed opxbuildings\hut3_b_2.p3d: house, config class missing [RPT-Logfile]
048. fixed opxbuildings\tower3.p3d: house, config class missing [RPT-Logfile]
043. added "Ayla-Oasis-Resort and golf course" in Aqaba
050. added Saraya-Resort in Aqaba
049. added transparent sandways for Wadis (Nahal) in Israel
046. added new bridge for peoples
047. added new suspension bridge for ruins und canyons
052. added new gateway models
053. more geographical labeling
S@ndBob 24.11.2014 http://www.mis-gamedesign.de/forum/t...5863#post65863
I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused by installation of this Addon.
This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.
CREDITS AND THANKS:
Geodata by ARCGIS, USGS NASA Earth Data, eSRI, Digital Globe GeoEye, Google Street View
Tutorials by Mondkalb, ZeroG, Bushlurker, Marksman
Textures by CG Textures, Texturecrate
MLOD Sample Models by BIS, Jörg F., Opteryx
Tips by Scruffy, NeoArmageddon, W0lle, Jakerod
Gametester: Marco, el Utz, Useronline, nettrucker, ChrisB
Please unzip the 7-zip file and copy the unzipped folder "@mis_GulfOfAqaba_v0_3" in the folder: Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead
ArmA 2 CO (ArmA 2 und ArmA 2 OA)