Sign in to follow this  
Scr3wby_Doo

Where is the HINDS Challenges content?

I just purchased the HINDS addon from Steam for $16 but I don't see it anywhere. There are supposed to be Challenges from what I understand but I don't see any new ones - and definitely none of them denote HINDS or a military theme. I ran a file integrity check through Steam and it all looks fine so nothing should be corrupted; it also says the DLC is installed underneath TOH's Steam properties.

And FYI, I've looked all over the web for screen grabs or "something" which would point to what new HINDS Challenges to look for, or any list of new menu elements for that matter, and I found nothing except for everyone stating that there are simply 3 new Challenges. This is extremely confusing - please help.

I haven't played MP at all yet so I'm not currently interested in how to access that content...

On a side note; While I was searching Google I also noticed that this is supposed to be included for free in 1.0.5; Did I stupidly pay for something which everyone else is getting for free? I saw some talks about people who pre-ordered getting full refunds or partial discounts also, but I assume that since I purchased it through Steam I'm just one of the unlucky fleeced fools.

Edited by Scr3wby_Doo

Edit: Removed

Edited by JdB

The Steam version was auto-patched to 1.05 so don't worry about that - you didn't pay for it and everyone got that for free.

You did pay for Hinds though and you should see some challenges. In the normal Single Player/Challenges section you should see a menu called 'Take On Hinds'. Also in the Time trials section (Single Player/Time Trials) you should see a few extra Hind TTs. If not....

When you first load ToH:Hinds. Click on the Expansions menu - you should see the Take On Hinds expansion listed there and ticked. If it's listed but not ticked, then tick it and re-launch. If it's not listed then something else went wrong. Let us know.

Singleplayer -> Challenges -> Take On Hinds...

You will find four challenges there that are different everytime you play them.

1. Hinds is NOT included in the 1.05 patch so you didn't pay for something that is available for free.

2. There was a pre-order bonus in the first week when it became available on sprocketidea.com but you could pre-order before BIS announced the bonus so players who pre-ordered for the full price got a partial refund.

€: Ninja'd :/

Thanks for the quick replies - I appreciate it.

Thanks for the notes on the differences between the free 1.0.5 content and the full expansion also. I don't mind paying for the expansion and I love your game, but I was confused by some of the other comments on the web I had read and I was already frustrated that I wasn't seeing the content I just purchased.

When you first load ToH:Hinds. Click on the Expansions menu - you should see the Take On Hinds expansion listed there and ticked. If it's listed but not ticked, then tick it and re-launch. If it's not listed then something else went wrong. Let us know.

Something apparently went wrong... I have no expansion item for HINDS. Should I trash all local content through Steam and try to reinstall TOH and the expansion? Again FYI; within Steam all files pass the integrity check and the HINDS expansion is shown attached to the main TOH install.

just make sure you start STEAM client via "run as administrator" (right mouse button on STEAM icon, choose from menu)

just make sure you start STEAM client via "run as administrator" (right mouse button on STEAM icon, choose from menu)

That worked! Thanks so much for all the quick replies... This is the best support I've ever received on a developer forum.

@JdB

There is no DLC lite of Hinds. You are wrong there.