Sign in to follow this  
hayzell

Recroding Ingame Sound & ACRE

Hey, I've been trying to record my units operations though it is really not a good video without the communications. Does anyone know a recording software that would let me record ingame sound and sound going through my headphones (ACRE)?

MSI Afterburner works pretty well for video, and also captures audio and allows to choose source.

But mostly what you should look into is enabling "stereo mix" in windows audio recording devices and make it default for recording, so that you record everything is being processed, both the game audio and whatever voice communication you may be using. Take note that after doing this you may need to reconfigure TS (if it is set to use default recording device) back to your specific mic line.

MSI Afterburner works pretty well for video, and also captures audio and allows to choose source.

But mostly what you should look into is enabling "stereo mix" in windows audio recording devices and make it default for recording, so that you record everything is being processed, both the game audio and whatever voice communication you may be using. Take note that after doing this you may need to reconfigure TS (if it is set to use default recording device) back to your specific mic line.

hey, thx for that tip, i actualy use afterburner for OCing, but didnt think about to try video recordning, lol i can record arma 2 with good quality without massive performance hit, unlike fraps for example!

While the video encoder used by fraps is proprietary and useful in some scenarios (ie stereoscopic capture - it splits the feeds automatically) it has higher processing overhead than Mjpeg compression which is the default in afterburner, hence the improvement in performance. Only recently i learned about afterburner, in fact, in EA/UK BF3 forum, i was using the open source taksi which only supports dx9 for now, becoming a limitation with a recent games.