Sign in to follow this  
bigmanoncampus

Refueling Heavy helicopter

I m trying to start the 'The take down' mission but I need to refuel the heavy helicopter. How do I do this?

Currently I have tried walking up to the pump inbetween the two pads (Labeled AIR) buts no icon comes up to take an action.

Thanks

I m trying to start the 'The take down' mission but I need to refuel the heavy helicopter. How do I do this?

Currently I have tried walking up to the pump inbetween the two pads (Labeled AIR) buts no icon comes up to take an action.

Thanks

You need to taxi the heavy a bit closer to the fuel pump - once you are closer the helo should start to refuel.

You need to taxi the heavy a bit closer to the fuel pump - once you are closer the helo should start to refuel.

Thanks for the quick response. How do I taxi if the Helo wont start as it needs fuel. Is there a special command?

That's a good point! Instead have you tried repairing the helo from the maintenance bench - I can't remember if this refuels it or not.

Is there a towing tractor there? might be able to use that to pull it closer.

Dan;2124130']Is there a towing tractor there? might be able to use that to pull it closer.

There are no other vehicles to do this.

regarding taxiing: first release the wheelbrake (default rctrl+w which is really not optimal so I rebound it to a joystick button) then raise the collective a little. Heli should now start to roll forward.

I just checked that mission again. It should start you in a position where the helicopter is refuelled. If after the mssion starts, I get out and then get in again, I get the 'refuelling' message.

regarding taxiing: first release the wheelbrake (default rctrl+w which is really not optimal so I rebound it to a joystick button) then raise the collective a little. Heli should now start to roll forward.

Thanks. That worked. How close do I need be to the pump? I pretty close already but still no icon to refuel. Has anyone else

run into this problem on this mission?

Thanks

None of the above works for me, in the same mission. I have the message "now refueling" on forever. If I take off, after a minute it runs out and the helicopter crashes on the ground. Is it a bug?