Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Is Arma 3 authentic?

Quote Originally Posted by metalcraze View Post
    Don't iranians use T-100?

I thought iranians used the hexa-camo stuff, while blufor used non-camo vehicles in ArmA3?
    They use both the Merkava and the T-100...

Quote Originally Posted by maionaze
    You are talking about an Iran 20+ years into the future that went through a regime change. I can not remember where I read it, but they are not an islamic republic anymore. The whole "down with the zionists!!!" fades away after you made an example of them. What greater insult there is then to use their own technology against their allies.
    So I guess that explains why the Iranians are the only ones who use the Oshkosh M-ATV as well, huh?...

Quote Originally Posted by metalcraze View Post
    Don't iranians use T-100?

I thought iranians used the hexa-camo stuff, while blufor used non-camo vehicles in ArmA3?
    They use both.

I'd say wait until the Alpha to find out who uses what and go with the flow in the campaign (if it is playable, unlike the A2 camp at launch)

really nice post! A hard job.

You know the only thing that bothers me so far about this game is both MBT's for opfor and blufor is the Merkava. Granted there's some other tank with a railgun mounted on it but I don't like the idea of both main factions sharing weaponry, particularly armor with the same thermal signatures, silhouettes and all (yeah there's a camo difference but in some conditions that could be hard to identify). I have a hard time believing NATO couldn't adopt (assuming BIS is tired of the Abrams) the Challenger or the Leopard, esepcially the Leopard which gets no love these days from games .
    Intel 2700k Sandy Bridge @ 4.6ghz | EVGA GTX680 x2 | Corsair H100 | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600 | EVGA z77 FTW mobo | Asus Xonar DX 7.1 | 2x OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128gb | PC P&C Silencer Mk II 950W

^^ yep kind of bugs me too,
    Though I thought maybe it was due to BLUFOR rebels capturing (reclaiming), OPFOR's latest (stolen tech) vehicles. Thats asuming what is known so far of the campagain story line. But there should still be a definative BLUFOR MBT if only for side missions and MP, and I think it would be better to be Euro centric (I'd vote Leopard but happy with Challenger), rather than the US Abrams.

Suspended Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic_Berserker View Post
    ^^ yep kind of bugs me too,
    Though I thought maybe it was due to BLUFOR rebels capturing (reclaiming), OPFOR's latest (stolen tech) vehicles. Thats asuming what is known so far of the campagain story line. But there should still be a definative BLUFOR MBT if only for side missions and MP, and I think it would be better to be Euro centric (I'd vote Leopard but happy with Challenger), rather than the US Abrams.
    I can get behind that. Especially seeing as how most of the models in the ArmA series are hi-res retex's from a certain military version of the game, (I have it, I should know) and it can't be that hard to do.

We're talking about NATO's domain here, it really should be a Leopard or Challenger.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    There are plenty of Iranian produced components. They have their own MBT, IFV, APC, and small-arms weapons designs now, and a few advanced ones in the pipe. Hypotheticals have nothing to do with it. It is however Iranian ideology first and foremost. Something most around here can't seem to get their heads around.

Iranians in Israeli vehicles is like Hitler and Nelly Sachs acting in a play together.

Why is it so unbelievable that the Iranians use Israeli things. In WW2 the Germans used lots of soviet war material that they had captured.

Actually if Iran is invading Europe it makes sense that Israel is occupated. Thus most of it (if not all) tech is captured.
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    I can get behind that. Especially seeing as how most of the models in the ArmA series are hi-res retex's from a certain military version of the game, (I have it, I should know) and it can't be that hard to do.
    Of course, why double up the work? And no, not entirely, customers have paid for said models to be produced for the VBS range, with that comes agreements. None of the BAF stuff is from VBS2, and with good reason. It's not just a case of picking and choosing. Easy to do? Not as easy as you may believe.
    Last edited by Messiah; Mar 25 2012 at 00:43.

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast