Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: New animations: What does it mean for gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by NeMeSiS View Post
    I hope we will actually be able to aim while walking now, and the tactical pace will have a sway more similar to the sway we have on walk now.
    That would be nice to see. I'm very curious to see what the tactical pace will look like in game.

I think the walking sway should not be removed but made less violent while walking. That way it is still hard to do but not guess work like right now.
    Although I don't know how fast tactical Pace is going to be I hope it creates more sway than the current walking does.
    Last edited by -Coulum-; Apr 7 2012 at 13:39.

Quote Originally Posted by -Coulum- View Post
    I think the walking sway should not be removed but made less violent while walking. That way it is still hard to do but not guess work like right now.
    Although I don't know how fast tactical Pace is going to be I hope it creates more sway than the current walking does.
    Let me give you some insight in what it may look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Oq6KFQy4#t=50s

I think your right Minoza, I think it will be very similar to the SMK combat jog but without the 'stiffness' for lack of a better word, hopefully it will look more natural.

aiming down the sights when walking, even on the slowest speed in A2 is anything but steady. IRL you can move with sights up and still be pretty accurate, especially at short-medium distances. Best implementation was the sight animations we implemented in ACE1 (create by teacup), which allowed you to properly move with sights up and actually hit something, but without making you dead accurate or removing the sway for good.
    I for one really hope smookie and the other lads will get this done properly this time around, and i am actually looking forward to it a lot more than the tactical pace tbh
    Spoiler:

The video made it look like the SMK combat jog didn't allow smooth transitions to strafing and normal walking. Room for improvement by the guys with the source code.
    My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
    Enfilade Ambush
    Autumn Siege

@ maturin: I find even a lot of the vanilla animations don't have very smooth transitions. SMK + SLX has made a huge difference in terms of movement, at least for me. Especially in the crouched walk animation, there's more looking down the sights and less headbutting them. I don't know if we'll see any more work on smk though with Smookie now working for BIS on animations for A3. Personally I'm pretty happy about that.

You're right, most aren't smooth. Look at grenade throwing, especially the running/walking grenade throw animation - it's so dodgey. You can't even stop some animations mid-useage to do something else.

I must say that this has excited me with the possibilities ArmA3 has to offer. These animations that I've seen so far are more advanced than my wildest dreams.

I hope they fix the fact that you can't move while changing weapons, throwing a grenade, etc. And drawing your pistol is far too slow. When I run out of ammo, I want to be able to pull out my pistol fast - that's what it's for. Currently, it's much slower to use the pistol than to reload for most weapons.
    Force is the best negotiator.

all the soldiers have the same animation in the last Arma 3 video.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast