Sign in to follow this  
Pummel

Why are there no CTF or Deathmatch or Hold Location or Sector Control games?

.... And only 3 team mission games? And with co-op it is 99% Domination.

Just wondering why people don't play these, and whether that could be improved in the future, or in Arma3?

p.s. There are also only several CTI games and most are empty :(

Edited by Pummel

Well, since the coop missions played aren't made nor delivered by BIS, i think it's safe to assume that the missions included are irrelevant.

That said, the missions played are created and hosted by community members/clans/squads.

Which means, they took the time to create the missions, they spend money to rent the server.

Since the server software is included in ArmA 2, everyone is free to do the same for his iwn likings, creating a PvP/TvT server.

It just has to be done.

Just wondering why people don't play these, and whether that could be improved in the future, or in Arma3?

We play these because there are rarely team missions on public...and in fact most public server lack any kind of teamplay at all. Its all CTI and Domij these days...MP sucksfor quite a while !!!

It's really hard to bring together enough serious players, I guess al lot are driven away by a stil buggy game that has faulty functions since more than a year and other functions that can be exploited in MP lettign it look alot like CoD with worse control and graphics on a larger map.

The reasons for the diminishment of the PVP scene of Arma 2 has been explained by more verbose and insightful people than I, but in short, the majority of the PVP crowd left because of Arma 1's gameplay problems and they didn't come back en masse for Arma 2, which resulted in a downward spiral for the rest of the scene: there were so few servers that it wasn't worth it to look for PVP games anymore. We'll see if Arma 3's MP can get some of the old enthusiasm back. Smookie's inclusion in the animation team certainly speaks for better avatar interaction than ever. :)

Do you think I should look for a clan? I finally worked out what Domination is all about so at least I can enjoy that now, and that is very popular. But I do like the other modes too. I hope you can do something with Arma3 to make them more popular. Especially CTI, that is such an amazing game! It just needs a bit of love from both BIS and the community imo. I know BF/CoD games are almost like a different genre, but that CTI game mode in particular, makes the competition look 15 years out of date.

whats wrong with CTI? It is most awesome game mode, since OFP times! Today CTI and Life RP are most popular missions and ofcourse domination. Maybe warfare is not so cool as crCTI was, but still i'm pretty enjoying playing it.

If you want PvP, check on Arma2.ru PvP AAS server. But beware, there are lot's of cheating players, which actually holds me from playing there.

Try Cerberus 5, they are the only server left playing traditional PvP or Project Reality on TG.

I dont believe the PvP players have left ArmA, they just dont play much and when they do its game modes like CTI and Insurgency for there tiny PvP element.