Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

"Take On" Franchise

Recently, Ripten has published an interview with Jay and Joris. Next to the Hinds DLC, they were also talking about the "Take On" franchise.

Here are some interesting quotes from the interview:

Last year we spoke with Bohemia’s Project Lead Joris-Jan van’t Land, and their creative lead Jay Crowe and we catch up again today to talk about their team post-release as well as their upcoming expansion pack…
Joris:And, on the topic of blurring the lines, look out for some exciting news coming up in the near future!
RipTen: You’ve hinted in the past at the future of the Take On name, will we see a Take On Jets or Take On Tanks anytime soon? Are we looking at ‘ArmA-lego’ here, like the integrated battlefields of the DCS and Flaming Cliffs series’? If you like, I’ll just give you my credit card details now and you can take what you need, when you need it?

Joris: The name was certainly designed for that purpose ;-)

Jay: Take On All The Things! Coming exclusively to PC, Summer 2017.

So, it seems very plausible that BIS might want to establish an expanded "Take On" franchise and add more titles to it in the future. :)

Would you welcome this decision?

Where do you see potential?

"TakeOn pivo" (Sim about brewing beer), "TakeOn knedlik" (Sim about cooking).... just anything that could make profit (incl. mobile apps/subscription). ;)

Jay: Take On All The Things! Coming exclusively to PC, Summer 2017.

Quick: We need to have a "Make a cover" conquest for this one!

I smell a new combined arms franchise based on all the tech that will be developed by all the seperate BI studios. Just look at the tech transfer between TOH and ArmA. Seems like the right thing to to. That or an fantasy RPG... that pic with the horse in the BIS mocap studio must mean something...

That or an fantasy RPG... that pic with the horse in the BIS mocap studio must mean something...

It means that we will finally be able to attack from horseback (or within a vehicle!)!

that pic with the horse in the BIS mocap studio must mean something...

Yes, that some trainee ended up doing a lot of shoveling :rolleyes:

Take on Tanks would be nice (if it means that vehicle-based combat in ArmA will also become more realistic), Take on Space, Take on (War)Ships, Take on Girls also since with all these possible new titles to play, I doubt the fans will be getting any ...

Actually Take on Warships would be nice along with perhap Take on Tanks and Take on Jets.

They certainly don't waste their time sitting down at the local pub, do they? ;)

They certainly don't waste their time sitting down at the local pub, do they? ;)

What? Of course not...

...that time is well spent!

Excellent! In 2020 we'll playing Arma4 connected with Take on Helicopters, Take on Jets, Take on Tanks and Take on Marine

Find this post in 8 years and say that i was right ^^ ;-)

I have few ideas:

1. Take on Helicopters: Apache DLC

2. Take on Planes DLC

3. Take on Safari - watching wildlife around a world

4. Take on Diving - Dive around the ocean with wildlife

A BIS version of Steel Beasts would be a nice addition. Wouldn't like to call it a Take On game as tanks aren't generally something an entrepreneur deals with.

Now Take On Diving or Take On Safari/Hunting would be a nice addition!

A BIS version of Steel Beasts would be a nice addition. Wouldn't like to call it a Take On game as tanks aren't generally something an entrepreneur deals with.

Now Take On Diving or Take On Safari/Hunting would be a nice addition!

It needs at least as much fidelity as Hunting Unlimited 2008

That would be cool; although they should add better titles; take on helicopters didn't look that great.

Some of my ideas (I love coming up with game names that will never see the light of day!):-

Take On Trucking (semi business sim/driving sim)

Take On Destruction (rebuild a city, planning how to detonate buildings without damaging ones you need to keep)

Take On Olympics (sorry, I'm British!)

Take On Miner (run a mining company, underground/overground etc)

Take On Emergency (fire fighting tactics/emergency response vehicle; crazy but controlled driving)

:)

Take On Trains, then release 1500€ worth of DLC trains. :butbut:

Take On Trains, then release 1500€ worth of DLC trains. :butbut:

Sounds very familiar.... :tounge_o:

They should do Take On: Take Ons, where you take the roll of the brother of a game developer who has recently been incapacitated in a freak developing accident, and must help steer the company to expand a niche PC market, and break in to new markets with new titles, updated classics, on a base of tried and true properties.

Edited by Max Power

Take on Dragon rising for the lol's