Sign in to follow this  
Zetetick

MAYDAY!MAYDAY! -Help needed getting old OFP:CWC/R mods working with ARMA:CWA

Hello once more to the great and the good of the ARMA community

As a returning member and looong-time OFP fan (as posted in CWA savegame thread below-which I still cannot find btw) I bought myself the ARMA X boxset (having never the PC power to play ARMA 1+2 before:yay:) but find that in 2012 good old OFP is looking rather spartan and threadbare without all my long beloved MODS and ADDONS etc, now most of these of course even I could work out just to trans-locate them into the new ADDONS folder etc

But there are a LOT (mostly the big total convert MODS like - FDF1.3/1.4 - CSLA II (one of my all-time favourites, along with..) - ECP etc) that simply don't work anymore.....

Now, no doubt to a few of your fine selves (who speak PC)this is probly a simple operation, but to many of us older-timers it's a total mystery and DAMN if I'm not missing them now I've started playing OFP/ARMA CWA again, so I wondered, (as I guess there must be quite a crowd of us lost old soldiers out there) if one of you folks from the community in-the-know could do like an instruction list on HOW to get all these wonderful things working again as it would be a tragedy to leave them (and all the hard work behind them) behind.

I have had a look around the forums (here and elsewhere) but no one seems to have this properly covered in simple straight-forward language (y'know,like, 1,2,3) and I reckon it would be most appreciated by many (and if not then certainly by me:))

So I'm sending out a MAYDAY!! to all in range....NOT A MAN LEFT BEHIND!! - NOT A MOD LEFT BEHIND!!

if you have the ability to help out getting these MODS working I'd be sincerely grateful to you (is there a simple way to do it?)

Anyway, thanks for taking the time fellas -ZTK

I have had a look around the forums (here and elsewhere) but no one seems to have this properly covered in simple straight-forward language (y'know,like, 1,2,3) and I reckon it would be most appreciated by many (and if not then certainly by me:))

Well, there are two threads (one about FFUR, and second 'bout ECP) which are written easiest way it was possible, but I agree that we should have somekind of stickied thread "Running old mods in 1.99".

As for FFUR (and all SLX-family mods):

Edit the .bat file (in Notepad), and change all references from /Res/Addons to /Addons. Save and then run the file.

It's a little bit different with ECP:

Rename the CWA exe to FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE and then run the ECP installer. Direct it to your CWA folder then install it. Once done change the name of the exe back to the original.

Good luck and happy playing!

Thanks Fella:biggrin_o:

Sir,Just for getting ECP to work alone you are my new personal hero:respekt:, so good to have it up and running again!! (with good old DMA army MODpack).....aahhhh, memories...

I'm gonna give the FFUR a try now (i've never tried the new 85 one, the last FFUR I played was 2006 when it just came out!!)

oh,one more Question..are one of these methods good for getting these MODS working ---FDF1.3/1.4---CSLA II----LIBmod 1.9--- ?

as you may have guessed I'm not so PC-literate so your straight language is really helpful to me (I'm learning though-slowly lol)....any more hints/tips too would be welcome.

so,again, THANKS MAN :rthumb:

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Just a Quickie update...

I've gor FDF running but for this you need to change the "ColdWarAssault" EXE over to "FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE" then install FDF (as KRZ writes above) but once installed you need to make a copy of EXE and keep one in main dir as "FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE" ( FDF needs this to run it seems) and change the other BACK TO "ColdWarAssault" and keep this in main dir as well (so other links can still work)

I'm gonna try out CSLA II (my fav) and FFUR 85 right now brb

Niceone:) ....ZTK

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Yup ....CSLA II works out in same way as FDF

All thanks goes to JdB and Snafu.

Difference with CSLA and FDF is that they use custom .exe which does nothing but splash screen and then runs FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe with -mod param leading to modfolder. So you can just delete these custom exes and make another (normal) shortcut to ColdWarAssault.exe -mod=@CSLA or whatever the modfolder is.

(I hope that mods will gather all that info to one, nice sticky thread - so others won't need to search for that knowledge ;) )