Sign in to follow this  
-UF-

Modifying the Single Player Combat Scenario

Thanks PELHAM. The original init.sqf file was in there but I still had to create a description.ext file with the applicable code in a text editor to get the squad spawn (ie. GROUP or SIDE) to work;

My next challenge to to be able to split command of the squad when running coop. If I as leader select a human controlled squad mate and a few AI in mission, in other coop missions there is a scroll wheel ability to split them from my squad so they can operate independently under command of the human. (and as leader I have ability to reintegrate them all into the original group.) However I do not see this ability in my mission. I browsed the description.ext uses and did not see anything applicable. How to enable this ability?

It's usually the 9 key for assigning teams? To order team to do something press 9, scroll to team, select team and then select order from following menus.

I think it is called "Hybrid Commanding System" and creates a scroll wheel menu option under Communication called HCS which in turn has "Split Unit" and "Regroup" commands.

I think this is the armaholic page:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6930

How do I change the mission to "High Command" and where/what scripting do I add to which file to enable HCS?

This is a great feature for mixed human/AI units that often occur in COOP, as it allows the commander to give his human buddies control of various AI players....

Edited by -UF-

Never used that so don't know much about it - looking at cent_HCS_init.sqf - you find:

/*
CENT_HCS v1.0
FILE NAME:	cent_HCS_init.sqf
LAST UPDATE: 	2009r0730
USAGE: 		[HCLeader,[GroupNames]] execVM "cent_HCS\cent_HCS_init.sqf";
PARAMETERS: 	HCLeader -> Object/Unit. Usually the player
	GroupNames->Array of Strings. First string is always the name for the HC leader. Use to give callsigns/names for the groups in HC mode
EXAMPLE: 	nul=[this,["1-1","1-1A","1-1B","1-1C"]] execVM "cent_HCS\cent_HCS_init.sqf"; 

*/

So you will have to look at his example missions and work it out, one of the AI will have the lines above in their init. You will need to copy the Cent_HCS folder into your mission folder.

I'm sure they go into detail about that in the script thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?80032-Hybrid-Commanding-System

PELHAM You Iz da MAn! Rock and Roll HCS is enabled! Many thanks kind sir!

I just added the the folder to my mission folder as you instructed and then double clicking the leader in Editor, I just added this line to the initialization nul=[this] execVM "cent_HCS2\cent_HCS2_init.sqf";

so my whole initialization reads...

nul=[this] execVM "cent_HCS2\cent_HCS2_init.sqf"; this moveinCargo H1; BIS_patrolLength = any

I got one more for ya. The mission doesn't end anymore. I noticed the trigger flags are all by themselves when I separate the big clump in mission editor. Do the "endings" have to be synced with something?

I got one more for ya. The mission doesn't end anymore. I noticed the trigger flags are all by themselves when I separate the big clump in mission editor. Do the "endings" have to be synced with something?

The ending is handled by some complex trigger conditions involving the SOM and time (plus many other different things, player has to board helicopter etc). In game the time is set on the parameters UI but that will not happen the way you are doing it.

In the init.sqf have a look for the 2 triggers that are created they both have a line similar to this:

_endTrigger1 setTriggerStatements ["(((BIS_SOM_mainScope getVariable ""history"") select 0) >= 3) && (time >= (BIS_patrolLength * 60))", "BIS_ending = 0", ""];

BIS_patrolLength is the variable that is set when you change perameters in the UI at the beginning- eg for 1 hour it will be 60

60*60 = 3600 seconds which is 1 hour. So try changing that to:

_endTrigger1 setTriggerStatements ["(((BIS_SOM_mainScope getVariable ""history"") select 0) >= 3) && (time >= (60 * 60))", "BIS_ending = 0", ""];

for 1 hour - change to:

_endTrigger1 setTriggerStatements ["(((BIS_SOM_mainScope getVariable ""history"") select 0) >= 3) && (time >= (5 * 60))", "BIS_ending = 0", ""];

for 5 minutes

That may not solve it completely - this could take hours of testing to figure out - good luck lol

Well I started to follow your driections and then noticed that the Team Leader has this in his initalization:

nul=[this] execVM "cent_HCS2\cent_HCS2_init.sqf"; this moveinCargo H1; BIS_patrolLength = any[/Code]

I changed the BIS_patrolLength = any to BIS_patrolLength = 60 and now the mission ends in 60 minutes. However I (as Team leader) get a fade to black in the helo but the other coop people dont fade to black the chopper flies and somethimes crashes.

Anyway thanks again PELHAM, at least we get the extraction chopper now, and if anyone knows how to get the fade to black for the whole squad lemme know. Cheers.

Edited by -UF-

Hello

Thanks a lot for this tips !

I was searching how to play "Single Player Combat Scenario" into coop with a friend for several years ago.

I just discovered this topic, and it works !!!

I don't have a good computer skill (and my english is not perfect sorry)

I'm able to play this kind of scenario with my friend now ! thx a lot !

I did not change anything because it's too difficult. I still spawn outside the chopper and with the german wear but I don't care.

But I want to set the combat density and the civilian life. How I do it ? Is there any "word" to change in a file ?

Really thx for that topic, I was searching this way to play scenario in coop several years ago, just discovered it ! :)