Sign in to follow this  
[evo] dan

[COOP] [EVO] Convoy Attack

[EVO] Convoy Attack

This mission was originally made by me as a training mission for me and my clanmate so we could get used to carrying out attacks at any time of day with rockets/miniguns. Hence this mission is built for 12 players!

The Infantry Version can support many more players and has an infantry objective to attack.

In the non-Hinds version:

You start with 8 helicopters, 4 Armed Light's and 4 armed medium helicopters.

In the Hinds version:

You start with Hinds at the base and the convoy that you have to attack is larger in order to try and keep it as challenging.

Your objective?

Destroy the enemy convoy before it reachs the airfield, in order to cut off supplies to the enemy.

This mission comes with a time of day parameter so you are able to fight either during the day or night for more interesting gameplay.

In the infantry version you have to also attack the enemy depot.

Download link

Here is the link for the updated mission PBO download for the non-hind's version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28062918/EVO_Convoy_attack_0_3.South_Asia_H.pbo

Updated Hinds Version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28062918/EVO_Convoy_attack_0_3_HInds.South_Asia_H.pbo

Vanilla TOH + A2 Free version (with infatry assault):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28062918/EVO_Convoy_attack_0_5_extend.South_Asia_H.rar

Here is the link for the old Hind's version (thanks Jedra!):

http://www.arma2jedra.co.uk/Addons/EVO_Hind.rar

Future Plans

I plan on making the mission a bit more interesting by placing more vehicles into the convoy and possibly adding other convoys that will head towards the airfield that you have to stop.

Potential remaking the mission so it spawns differing numbers of vehicles given different numbers of players.

Credits

I would like to thank [EVO] Crash for his inspiration and input into making this mission.

I would also like to thank Celery for his awesome remove dead bodies script.

I would also like to thank Tophe of Östgöta Ops for his vehicle respawn script.

I would like to thank Jedra for making a Hind version of this.

I would like to thank Osmo for making the helicopter service script.

And would also like to thank BIS for making TOH.

Fixes

Version 0.5:

-Added an infantry objective + infantry.

-This version does not have Hinds, but is designed for Vanilla TOH and A2 Free

Version 0.4:

-Made it Hinds compatible

Version 0.3:

-Added Osmo's helicopter service script (its awesome).

-Added 2 more Huey's and 2 more Littlebirds.

-Added a few more enemy vehicles.

-Changed the movement of the convoy.

Version 0.2:

- Fixed time of day so it is correct and not 12 hours off the set time.

- Added Repair, refuel and rearm trucks at the base.

- Added Base marker just in case you forget where it was.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Very nice - will definitely give this a go!

Can You do this but for 3x Mi-24 Hinds too and one light :) ?

I made one like this last night, so if Dan doesn't have Hinds and doesn't mind I will release it with due credits.

Is it for TOH 1.05. If yes I'm interested to fly a light one ;)

Thanks

Edit. I just tried it work fine. If we are enought to play the mission could you make the same but with Human driver for the convoy.

This way we could make an attack defense scenario.

Edited by hon0

I made one like this last night, so if Dan doesn't have Hinds and doesn't mind I will release it with due credits.

Rather funny you should say that, my clanmate made one with hinds as well. I don't have hinds at the moment so your free to change the mission to add hinds in, and then release it since I don't think he will be releasing his version of my mission :D

Also it was built on 1.03, but it does work on 1.05 fine. Me and my clanmate (and some random) were playing it yesturday and occassionally play it at other times.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Ok, here's a version with the Hinds... There's a light, and 3 Mi24 choppers (V, P, and Superhind varients).

There was a problem with the params (time of day not changing) - no idea why as it looked ok, so I just did it a different way and it works now. Maybe a 1.5 thing?

Other than that it's the same mission. It probably needs beefing up a bit for the Hinds as that little convoy is chewed up and spat out in no time using these ugly buggers! I almost felt sorry for them!

will have a look at the time of day thing, it worked before for me and my clanmate, will do a test in a bit.

edit:

Just tested it, but what I did was I set the time wrong, so its about 12 hours off! Will go correct that and update the post. Updated the post with new link.

edit 2:

Also do you want me to add you link to the OP? or do you want to start your own thread?

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Dan;2121749']Also do you want me to add you link to the OP? or do you want to start your own thread?

Drop it in your first post if you're happy with that - I didn't do enough to it to warrant my own thread, so all credit is still yours!

I enjoyed it with the light helicopter though - it's a bit more of a challenge for the little birds!

OP updated to include the Hind's version of this mission. (thanks Jedra!)

Hi guys, thank you for doing this. I tried it, its fun (hinds version). And i found something i dont know if its bug or i have something wrong set, but the superhind's cannon is shooting too up, i cannot even see where are the bullets flying.

And i found something i dont know if its bug or i have something wrong set, but the superhind's cannon is shooting too up, i cannot even see where are the bullets flying.

Umm, might be a bug with the Hind's themselves rather then the mission. So might be worth reporting it in the appropriate place as well.

New version - V0.3 - Link in first post.

Changelog:

-Added Osmo's helicopter service script (its awesome).

-Added 2 more Huey's and 2 more Littlebirds.

-Added a few more enemy vehicles.

-Changed the movement of the convoy.

Hinds version of it made too.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Can't wait to try it out!!!

Thanks for spending time doing this!!!

:):):)

forgot to mention, you need at least 3-4 guys to complete the infantry version.