Sign in to follow this  
Werki999

How to do maintenance work and repair damages?

Dear all,

first I like to state that I like the game very much. Being a FSX type of sim pilot, the gameplay is good fun, interacting with people, plus the chopper simulation seems very realistic.

Now my problem (nothing in the manual whic is very poor anyway):

I see a number of references to maintance and repair. But how do do I access a maintenance and/or repair shop in expert mode? The only thing that I have found is the training session where you check the helo from outside. But this outside check does not repair anything.

I have engine problems on my Huey (the mid size helo), a clattering sound. It started at the beginning of the career mission, when I took Mr Hayden to the compound fro the second time. The clattering means that the engines will conk out soon and they do.

So: how do do I access a maintenance and/or repair shop in expert mode?

Hope somebody will answer.

Cheers Karl

Welcome Karl.

Before all flght you should inspect your helo. This way you may repair some little damage for free. If there s some serious damage then If my remeber are correct there is several solution. Press echap and then maintenance in your hangar. Or talk to the mecano.

Hope it help

Antoine

The inspection (looking at the inspection points until the tick or cross appears), will identify issues even on Expert. Each issue you identify decreases the maintenance cost towards $0. Once you've found all issues, the damages are automatically repaired by your mechanic. If you don't want to bother with manual inspection, you can use the maintenance menu to pay for instant repairs. Some of the damage you'll find is wear and tear (more if you have not used a helicopter for a few contracts), but this is always very little and never critical. Other damage is caused by actual flight: stresses, collisions, etc.

The inspection (looking at the inspection points until the tick or cross appears), will identify issues even on Expert. Each issue you identify decreases the maintenance cost towards $0. Once you've found all issues, the damages are automatically repaired by your mechanic. If you don't want to bother with manual inspection, you can use the maintenance menu to pay for instant repairs. Some of the damage you'll find is wear and tear (more if you have not used a helicopter for a few contracts), but this is always very little and never critical. Other damage is caused by actual flight: stresses, collisions, etc.

Hello,

thank you for answering.

My question still is:

How/where do I find the MAINTENANCE MENU?

Or where/in which mode can I talk to MY MECHANIC?

I only find the training Inspection mission.

In career mode (before taking Mr Hayden up), double tap ALT makes the cross show but in that career mode sequence there are no green eyes to click on.

If I am just too dumb to find something obvious, I apologz but please show me anyway.

Regards

Karl

This is part of the Career mode, at the heliport between the contracts. When you are at your heliport, you can find the mechanic by the large hangar doors. Alternatively you can access maintenance by pressing Esc and selecting Heliport. Then go to the Helicopters section and while you have a helicopter selected, it will show the current outstanding maintenance work in the bottom-right.

This is part of the Career mode, at the heliport between the contracts. When you are at your heliport, you can find the mechanic by the large hangar doors. Alternatively you can access maintenance by pressing Esc and selecting Heliport. Then go to the Helicopters section and while you have a helicopter selected, it will show the current outstanding maintenance work in the bottom-right.

Thank you for the very quick answer.

I will try tonight and report back.

Regards Karl

Hello,

here is my report.

I (Tom Larkin) click Career / Heliport (before starting Mission #3 The Cove) and there is Joe behind his desk. I have to let him speak until a menu appears on the top left side. Then I hit ESC.

This brings up a menu on the bottom left side where I can select "Heliport".

This brings up another menu "Heliport Seattle" and I can choose to select "Helicopters".

This brings up a menu where I see the helicopter which I can select in the top left corner of the menu.

I see a Helicopter but I cannot go near it nor move in any way. The only things I can do is to spend money (the money in my case comes from the sale of the mid-sized helo to Mr Hayden)

in order to

a) buy things such as a camera (left side of menu),

b) click on "Maintenance" and then "Repair".

Continuing with Mission #3 "The Cove", I sit in my helo. When I get out to look at it, I cannot inspect anything (no green eyes). There is also no mechanic around to interact with.

Question:

Where can I inspect my helo in career mode (EXPERT), meaning what do I have to click to see the "green eyes" after hitting "double ALT" the way I see the green eyes in the Training Inspection course?

How do I find a mechanic in career mode (EXPERT)?

Regards Karl

Where can I inspect my helo in career mode (EXPERT), meaning what do I have to click to see the "green eyes" after hitting "double ALT" the way I see the green eyes in the Training Inspection course?

All the helicopters parked at the heliport (inside the main hangar and outside on the landing pads - including one a little further to the right when exiting the hangar) can be inspected by walking to them. Once you are in range of them and looking at them, you should see a little maintenance report with information. Either everything is OK, or one or more unknown problems are listed. Once you have found all unknown problems, the helicopter is freely and automatically repaired. If you cannot find them all, you can use the menu to do it at a price.

So the inspection takes place before actually starting the contract (e.g. #3 "The Cove").

Thanks. Great job. Ultrafast responses.

I will try to just walk outside (leave the office) after having talked to Joe.

That is what you mean right?

I am going to look for the mechanic as well at this time and I will report back about what I found.

Thanks again. I like the sim so much more now that I get the hang of it.

I still think the prog is more of a flight simulator than a game because you do have to be able to fly real well in the first place, but the interactive part keeps you motivated.

Cheers Karl

Thanks. Great job. Ultrafast responses.

I will try to just walk outside (leave the office) after having talked to Joe.

That is what you mean right?

I am going to look for the mechanic as well at this time and I will report back about what I found.

Thanks again. I like the sim so much more now that I get the hang of it.

I still think the prog is more of a flight simulator than a game because you do have to be able to fly real well in the first place, but the interactive part keeps you motivated.

Cheers Karl

Dear all,

thank you. Great stuff.

I leave the office and walk into the hangar after Joe quits talking. Joe's talking coming to an end is indicated by a menue which appears on the left top side of the screen.

I select "stay in heliport". Now I can walk around anywhere like in Inspection training mode.

I walk into the hangar and look around. Clicking on things shows the green caption "upgrade" and this is an alternative way to access the helicopters/maintenance menu referred to above where I can also buy equipment.

Now I can inspect my (light) helicopter ("green eyes" and tick mark), even the engine, by opening the engine doors. Great. Transmission too.

Next I walk to face the mechanic standing by the hangar door but I cannot interact with him about maintenance, maybe because I did the inspection myself.

While facing him, a green caption appears saying "free flight". Clicking this, I start my next mission.

Cheers Karl

Dear all,

Hi just one last question:

It was said QUOTE This is part of the Career mode, at the heliport between the contracts. When you are at your heliport, you can find the mechanic by the large hangar doors.UNQUOTE.

I do find the mechanic there (see thread) but I cannot interact with him about maintenance. Whenever I click on him, it says Free Flight and then I will be off on a Mission.

Is there something I am missing about interaction with the mechanic?

Regards Karl

I think I mixed up the action on the mechanic (Free Flight contract) and the ones available at the work benches inside. Those benches should open the correct menu.

I think I mixed up the action on the mechanic (Free Flight contract) and the ones available at the work benches inside. Those benches should open the correct menu.

Thanks. The helicopter/maintenance menu will be opened, when you interact with equipment in the hangar.

No more secrets, I believe.

Cheers Karl

Dear expert,

another mistery came up while I proceed through the missions. Although I got shot dead in Afghanistan many times, I am still able to write this mail.

But getting shot dead is not the problem, that is a practice issue.

My problem is maintenance related again:

I walk into the hangar, find the light helo and start getting the green eyes together, inspecting kind of, but it is really good fun, I recommend to all sim pilots to do this, beats everything that you may have seen on A2A FSX add-on planes, TOH IS INTERACTIVE. Ok that is not the problem.

The problem is that I get tick marks galore, things that are not shown in the training like transmisson or the engine (after I open the engine doors, great).

But one issue always remains and it costs me 108 bucks every time and I do not find a green eye for it. I can only repair by paying that through the maintenance menue, I do not find a missing green eye.

Do you have a list of all inspect points?

This also goes for the heavy copter, there also things I can absolutely not find green eyes for and which have to be paid.

OK? List please?

Keep up the good work, while I practice sling loads, no autohover.

Please, list of inspection point (with locations if humanly possible)

Cheers Karl

Hi Karl,

did you try to get in the chopper and turn the battery on?

Weak battery is also one of the items that need to be checked.

Also check if the flight controls can move freely be moving the stick and pedals to full deflection.

Regards,

Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

yes that did it. Entering and switching battery on and off was one hidden item.

I noted that that entering the chopper on the non-pilot side takes care of hydraulics. That is another hidden one.

I will think about the flight controls too.

Now I seem to have found all repair points.

Thanks, Karl