Sign in to follow this  
A.R.Mageddon

Project Reality: Arma 2

Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.15 BETA

The Project Reality Team are pleased to announce the release of the latest 0.15 BETA version of PR: ARMA 2. While this is still in BETA phase we have a limited number of servers running the mod, although we will be changing this situation with the release of 0.2 and enabling the public to host their own servers.

Download Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.15 BETA Here

*** N.B *** The praa.exe has been updated to support OA version 1.62. The new exe can be downloaded from here -> http://prarma2.realitymodfiles.com/praaexe_1553.zip

The 0.1 iteration of Project Reality : ARMA 2 has focused on building the PvP style of gameplay that has been associated with our Battlefield 2 modification. The 0.2 iteration will be focusing on the introduction of assets and maps. A number of changes made in this 0.15 version are as follows ...

• Bug fixes
  • Performance and network optimisation
  • Added US Army faction
  • New missions, including 6 on Chernarus
  • Game mode modifications
  • New vehicle maintenance and cargo systems
  • Woodland FV510 Warrior
  • Familiar weapon switching system using number keys
  • Battle preparation time

For a complete, comprehensive list of all the new features and changes in PR:ARMA2, please view the following forum thread:

View the Full Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.15 BETA Feature List

* Further information on the mod can be found in full over at the Project Reality News section here ...

** Please note that you must have ARMA2: Combined Operations installed and be running the ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead v1.60 patch in-order to play the Project Reality: ARMA 2 mod. In addition we highly recommend using the latest BIS beta patch as there have been several important bug-fixes since patch 1.60. If you use a beta patch, ensure you add the switch '-beta' to your Project Reality shortcut.

Thank You ... and I hope you enjoy.

[R-DEV]Twisted Helix

Edited by A.R.Mageddon
adding new link to praa.exe

First: This thread has been created with our consent, so to the PR haters: don't bother reporting it.

Second: The PR bashing we had in the past threads will stop with this one. Everyone who think he must bash the Mod or its developers will be banned from the thread.

Third: The previous discussions about EULA, lawsuits and stuff must be taken to the PR forums. We will not allow another discussion about this here which gets out of hand within minutes.

Good to see people promote PvP gameplay - keep up :bounce3:

Yea it's really nice to see again server 100/100 full slots

:)

Good stuff. I wasn't at all sure about PR until I tried it the other week - it's extremely well presented and I enjoyed myself. Egg/face/me! Look forward to playing again soon.

It offers some great PvP action

One thing I am looking forward to are the new terrains which are under development :)

A.R.Mageddon

You might wish to review the rules you accepted today at 08:39. One of the rules indicates that we do now allow images over 100 KB to be hotlinked. We ask that you link to the url of such images instead. You may replace my edit of your post with a suitable image once you produce one. Thank you.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

PR 0.15 has started quite well. There is now almost around the clock gameplay going on and at best there is 2 servers with 100 players on each during the prime time. GJ.

One of the rules indicates that we do now allow images over 100 KB to be hotlinked. We ask that you link to the url of such images instead. You may replace my edit of your post with a suitable image once you produce one. Thank you.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was. My bad :)

I really enjoy this, well done by PR-team. The only thing that bothers me is the sound. That, and really only that is the only thing that stops me from playing it. And that's really sad, cause its massive pvp-fun, that you guys dev'ed there. So no hate/bash/insult here, just my only little worry..keep it up, like pvpscene said, good to see guys are supporting pvp

Anyone know if there is a Teamspeak server for PR? I run my headphones/microphone through a second sound card so in-game VOIP doesn't work as it uses the default drivers. During the beta test there didn't seem to be any mention of TS.

Note to BIS - please allow separate sound card configuration for a future release!

Afaik there isn't any centralized TS (nor mumble) server for PR:A2 like there is for PR:BF2. For most of the ppl the in-game VON works decently albeit the quality could be tiny bit better. I suppose you just have to use the mobo's soundcard while playing PR? I've noticed that some units/clans/whatnot groups use their separate TS servers while playing PR but they still have to (and will) use the VON as well to communicate with other players thru commanding channel and dc.

The only thing that bothers me is the sound.

We have replaced sounds for the main opfor and bluefor small arms, the PR:Warrior also has its own sounds (from real Warrior recordings). BRDM and BTR have weapon sounds imported from PR:BF2. A few other things have been replaced, like 30mm HE and AP impact sounds (which in Vanilla are just the default bullet config sounds). More will be done over time ... but Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

Anyone know if there is a Teamspeak server for PR?

The Tactical Gamer server runs a Teamspeak server which gets used for the game.

Anyone know if there is a Teamspeak server for PR?

Hi Jedra. Our release post lists the servers hosting the beta. I've linked each community's website on that post, so you could check there to see if there's a TS server. Pretty sure Kellys Heroes, Tactical Gamer, RIP and Olutta have TS servers.

Regards

epoch

Added To the Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

@PR team; To solve questions about which TS server to use for which server, you could perhaps consider setting up a SU CustomRepo with the PR servers, and their associated TS3 servers.

Users of Six Updater then always find the servers and the right TS servers, even automatically join them, into a specific channel, if you like.

Some more info here; http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

In case of questions / support, feel free to write to the Support section.

imho one of the best mods - many thanks - waiting tanks battles and other maps (aas warfare etc )with it

@NeuroFunker

Infraction +1 for trying to derail the thread.

Stick to the topic, and that in this case is PR!

Thanks for the info Sickboy!

I'll take a look at it and discuss with the rest of the team.

Regards

epoch

Nice to see some PR discussion again :) I don't get much chance to play PvP but I am always interested in ArmA developments. As it is represented on the 6 Updater system I will definitely try it out :)

Jedra, i have 3 soundcards, why does voip only work for you with onboard sound? I don't understand

Jedra, i have 3 soundcards, why does voip only work for you with onboard sound? I don't understand

It's not that it doesn't work at all, just not the way I want! When using TS I can get the game sound to go though my SBlaster and hence my external amp as normal and voice (from TS) comes through my headphones (connected to on-board sound). To get voice through the headphones on VOIP I have to make them the default sound device whitch then causes the game sound to come through the headphones also. If there's something I am not doing correctly then I would be grateful to know.

EDIT --> I must reiterate that I am not claiming this is a PR problem, I know it's not - it just manifested itself there because I couldn't immediately locate a TS server!

I was playing around with it in PR today - apologies to anyone who I ignored while I was trying to get it to work! PR is a totally different experience to normal so I felt like I real dofuss today trying to figure it all out! I'm going to read the manual tonight before I play again!