Sign in to follow this  
A.R.Mageddon

Project Reality: Arma 2

I love the large battles but would love to see some urea (Utes?) or Proving Grounds infantry only maps.
There is a tiny A&S Proving Grounds infantry mission available. It just has to be downloaded and copied to the server's MPMissions separately by the server admin from the FTP.

The way the PR missions are designed, one can actually play them with really small amount of players. In most of the missions the action is around 1 objective at a time so even a 5 vs 5 is enough to maintain decent action. Heck I've played 2 vs 2 and it felt okey. Sometimes I see players agreeing in the server that they will play around 1 obj. no matter what. So no advancing before the server fills up enough. Though TG's server seems to be doing quite well anyways. Still nr.1 and going strong every night. Though I would not mind seeing the EU servers filling up at EU prime time.

actually, for PvP i prefer lot of people, but for coop i don't mind the number

strange .... anyways, i think i'll try to play the mod on TG server

Ofc full server is where the actual action is. Luckily you can experience it almost every night in PR. Unfortunately it is only happening at 1 server at a time. Hopefully in the future there will be more servers to choose from. Just like in PR:BF2.

PR is my cup of tea :icon_dj:

I've a complaint though. Why did you remove binocs in 0.15? Most of time I needed it was just to check if I see friendlies or enemies. I can't see how can it hurt gameplay.

There are binos for some classes, zoomable and all.

There are binos for some classes, zoomable and all.

But only in few classes (1?, 2?) since 0.15. Binocs for rifle-man and LMG-man is absolute must IMO.

Amazing mod, the feeling of teamwork and tactical operation is just amazing in it. Can't wait to see how it will look like in future.

DanielNL

Please review the forum rules.

We prohibit cross-posting, and public commenting on how the forum is moderated. I believe w0lle has contacted you regarding the post you have made two or three times now. Please follow those instructions.

§2) Follow the instructions of the moderators

When a moderator or BIS staff member asks you to do something or to stop doing something, please follow their instructions. If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter.

§9) Do not cross-post

Do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum simply to get an answer quicker or to draw more attention to your post.

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

I wonder why some Arma2 army faction mods are not porting more eagerly to PR custom factions. On top of their own mods, their work gets more publicity and the makers still retain the credits. Win win imo. I would like to see FDF, Swedish Army, IDF, Germans, Russians etc present in PR. Just like PR:BF2 has about 13+ factions.

I wonder why some Arma2 army faction mods are not porting more eagerly to PR custom factions. On top of their own mods, their work gets more publicity and the makers still retain the credits. Win win imo. I would like to see FDF, Swedish Army, IDF, Germans, Russians etc present in PR. Just like PR:BF2 has about 13+ factions.

Well maybe they don't want to move their Mod over to the PR format, also reworking a mod for another format could potentially alot more work which could be considered finished. At the end of the day this is Arma2 not BF2, this community always has had the freedom to do what they want and will continue to do so.

IMHO,BF2 PR rocks,ARMA2 PR sucks,in fact, ACE+AAS are away much better than ARMA2 PR

Well maybe they don't want to move their Mod over to the PR format, also reworking a mod for another format could potentially alot more work which could be considered finished. At the end of the day this is Arma2 not BF2, this community always has had the freedom to do what they want and will continue to do so.

I completely agree. Most people are happy with the way things currently are. PR's promise of revolutionising ARMA MP sort of fell flat on it's face because there wasn't enough demand for it in the core player base.

IMHO,BF2 PR rocks,ARMA2 PR sucks,in fact, ACE+AAS are away much better than ARMA2 PR

Could u elaborate some more why the A2 version of PR sucks? Perhaps the devs could make it better if they got feedback from players who tried it and didn't like it.

Imo PR:BF2 is great, PR:A2 but is great as well, even so great that I haven't played the BF2 version after A2 1.60 fixed the warping. Ace+whatnot might be great as well, but it usually demands u to join some unit/clan and play at a specific time. In the mean time u could try PR. It might not be the best (nor that realistic) but it still has players and u can get a decent public PvP gameplay going on.

Valid reasons, cant argue with them. I just hope some of the mod makers at least look in to it.

I completely agree. Most people are happy with the way things currently are. PR's promise of revolutionising ARMA MP sort of fell flat on it's face because there wasn't enough demand for it in the core player base.

Well it didn't fell that flat. I think releasing PR before OA 1.60 was just bad. The warping was just so god awful and probably turned away a lot of folks. I for one could not play it in that state. But now PR (and A2) works quite well and there are pretty constantly players in PR at EU evening times. More would be welcome ofc.

I think PR needs to step up their update frequency if they want to be popular. I visit the website every month, but there isn't any news or even any new threads to keep me excited.

And thats the point i thing, ArmA is not BF. In Battlefield this concept worked very good because PR expand the features and possibilities in Battlefield. It makes the gameplay much more realism, harder, and challenging. I Like it :)

With ArmA i have no clue what PR will improve, arma has so much more to offer than PR can actually serve.

But thats just my opinion.

From having worked with Project Reality, the way things run are certainly much more.. for lack of a better word... professional, a lot of modders (for any game) work in their own time every now and again when they get the chance so they being part of a much larger organised structure doesn't always appeal.

With ArmA i have no clue what PR will improve, arma has so much more to offer than PR can actually serve.

PR improves Arma2's public PvP gameplay. That is about it.

It's not supposed to be an overall-modification catering all Armaverse players. PR is a no-hassle-PvP mod for Arma2.

Imo the name Project Reality is a bit misleading in the case of Arma2 cos A2 is already quite realistic and PR doesn't really expand the realism of A2 as much as one would expect. In the case of PR:BF2 the jump from vBF2 was huge but in the A2 case PR is just a PvP mod with some extra tweaks.

I think PR needs to step up their update frequency if they want to be popular. I visit the website every month, but there isn't any news or even any new threads to keep me excited.

It is a small group so they can't release that often, or so I've heard. Anyway, the current version is highly enjoyable as it is. No major game-stoppers or anything. Biggest complaint from the current players seems to be that the 19 missions are not enough.

Edited by Atkins

It is a small group so they can't release that often, or so I've heard. Anyway, the current version is highly enjoyable as it is. No major game-stoppers or anything. Biggest complaint from the current players seems to be that the 19 missions are not enough.

Indeed, the current version is highly enjoyable as Atkins said. The RGG server is filling up every evening to 50+ players. Come and join in!

Great mod. In addition to the links already posted, there's a starting guide you can find here.

Very informative guide. Cheers.

1 question though; Do we still need to install the OA hotfix, and/or does OA beta patch do the same thing?

I haven't told anyone to install any hotfixes to play PR and kind of forgot that there even was one for OA.

For those that would be interested to try out PR in a bit organized manner, RGG clan seems to be hosting a event (again) this sunday:

Operation Cuckoo's Nest (24/06/2012) 14:00 GMT. More info from here.

recently PR has been updated with the latest BIS 1.62 patch, it now has a new exe so please download and enjoy PR a bit more :)

praa.exe download