Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

P:UKF Weapons Pack for OA/CO - V2.00+

UKF OP. ARROWHEAD WEAPONS PACK VERSION 2.0

The following addon is the long promised update to the P:UKF Weapons Pack for OA/CO.

The purpose of this update boils down to adding proper British NV and TI weapon sights variants for most of the weapons, including a brand new L110A2 LMG model by Lennard, with the full range of UK-specific sights and fittings on the real British FN Minimi variant, and a modular config structure developed by Robalo, that allows for compatibility with things like ACE and sound mods. However, a significant number of subtle features and refinements have crept in during the process of adding these headline features that have served to improve the pack in a multitude of different ways.

The refinements range from simple bug fixes, to changing the base weapon inheritances from the older American weapons in ArmA2/OA to the BAF weapons, streamlining the config's .pbo so that it only contains configuration files and no other resources that should be in the main model+texture datafile, separating live and blank weapons into separate boxes, a MILES-like electronic beep sound when shooting living targets with the blank weapons, adjusted 'dispersion' values for long and short barrelled SA80 variants to give them different maximum effective ranges, a few more edges on the SUSAT's optical tube to make it rounder in first person view, a properly calibrated ladder sight for the L123A2 UGL, adjustable 'zeroing' for weapons with SUSAT sights to replicate the sight's range drum, enhancements to the GPMG models including animations for the feed cover and belt, a 3D dovetail bracket and visibly blanks rounds loaded in the BFA variant's belt plus a whole bunch of general tweaking.

l123a2cwsvsml.jpg l110a2vipirvsml.jpg

List of contents:

SA80 Series:

------------

L85A2 with ironsights

L85A2 with SUSAT

L85A2 with RIS and SUSAT

L85A2 with RIS and ACOG

L85A2 with RIS and CWS

L85A2 with RIS and LWTI

L85A2 with RIS, suppressor and ACOG

L86A2 with ironsights

L86A2 with SUSAT

L86A2 with MaxiKite

L85A2 With UGL and ironsights

L85A2 With UGL and SUSAT

L85A2 With UGL and ACOG

L85A2 With UGL and CWS

L85A2 With UGL and LWTI

L85A2 With UGL, suppressor and ACOG

L22A2 Carbine with Susat.

Blank firing versions of L85, L22 and L86 variants with ironsights nad SUSATs.

GPMG:

-----

L7A2 GPMG

L7A2 GPMG with MaxiKite

L7A2 GPMG with VIPIR-2+

L7A2 GPMG with Blank Firing Attachment

LMG:

----

L110A2 LMG

L110A2 LMG with SUSAT

L110A2 LMG with ACOG

L110A2 LMG with CWS

L110A2 LMG with VIPIR-2+

Blank firing versions of the L110A2 variants with ironsights and SUSAT

The config plugins developed by Robalo allow users to further tweak the characteristics of the weapons to match their personal mod preferences: Removing the sound plugin will remove all custom sound definitions from the weapons, allowing them to inherit sounds defined for the base BAF weapon class, including those introduced by community-made sound mods. Installing the ACE plugin will allow the weapons to take full advantage of the gameplay features introduced by the ACE mod, including custom sight pictures for the animated reticles feature, and replacing norrin's LLM laser/light switching feature (Shift+F) with the equivalent system that is native to ACE (Alt+L by default).

I sincerely hope you enjoy this update, and all the new things it's added.

Credits

• Chris (a/k/a Pathy) - SA80 models, textures, sounds, config & animation.
  • Messiah - GPMG model & textures.
  • DK - RVMats and other general help.
  • da12thMonkey - Hand animations, textures and models for various weapon attachments, cfg integration of AAW scripts, OA features and newer weapon variants
  • panda_pl (ACE) & Scubaman3D (ACE) - Original ACOG model
  • norrin (AAW) - Bipod and sight-switching scripts.
  • Lennard - LMG model and textures (based on Armed Assault sample model by BIS)
  • Robalo (ASR/ACE) - Config modularity and streamlining, expanded ACE support

Thanks to numerous VOLCBAT members for thorough, dedicated beta testing.

Included Datafiles

UKF_UKWeps_oa.pbo

UKF_UKWeps_oa.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign

UKF_UKWeps_oa_cfg.pbo

ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign

ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_ace.pbo (ACE plugin)

ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_ace.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign

ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_sound.pbo (sound plugin)

ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_sound.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign

Installation

Extract UKF_UKWeps_oa.pbo and UKF_UKWeps_oa_cfg.pbo to your chosen Mod/Extension's "addons" folder.

Install ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_sound.pbo if you DO NOT wish to use the addon with a soundmod. We recommend that this .pbo is not installed on game servers, to ensure compatability with the sound preferences of all clients.

Install ukf_ukweps_oa_cfg_ace.pbo if you wish to use the addon in conjunction with the ACE mod.

This addon requires Community Base Addon (CBA) for Extended Eventhandlers (XEH).

Known Bugs and issues

GPMG isn't fully animated, but the feed cover and belt do have some animations now.

There are a number of inherent issues with the model switching aspect of the scripts.

Some third party config addons designed for previous versions of the pack (such as Robalo's asr_pukf_weapons_ace, or Glowbal's JSRS plugin) cause conflicts, due to outdated class inheritances and model paths. Most of the functions of these third party addons are now handled by the config plugins included in this pack.

ACE users who use the 'Animated Reticles' feature may occasionally find that the cross-hairs, reticules and other aiming marks disappear from some weapon sights disappear after updating/patching ACE. If this occurs you will have to run ACEClippi.exe, click 'Change manual options' and un-check then re-check the 'Reticles' tick-box to update your user config and repair the problem.

EULA

By downloading this content you agree to the following End User License Agreement:

1. Ownership and Permissions.
    1. The content of the download is sole intellectual property of P:UKF and it's creator.
    2. You shall in no way modify, repackage or reserve engineer any of the content of the .pbo files included in this download, without first receiving prior permission from P:UKF.
    3. You agree with this EULA that, should you modify said content without permission or otherwise breach this EULA, you are liable to prosecution in a UK Court of Law, under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988.
    4. This content is provided for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.

[*]Distribution.

1. You may distribute the .pbo files within this download freely, so long as the .pbo files are unmodified (see I,2), and the Readme File, including this EULA, is attached.

Additional Authors' Copyrights

Project: UK Forces recognizes norrin as the author of the bipod deployment scripts used by this addon. The scripts have been modified by the UKF Team with the expressed consent of norrin and the Australians at War (AAW) team, in order for them to work with this addon.

P:UKF cannot grant third parties permission to copy or modify these scripts for use in another addon. Those wishing to modify these scripts for their own use must contact norrin for permission.

P:UKF has been authorised to use these scripts on condition that the scripts are not to be used for commercial purposes without contacting norrin first, and that their use in VBS 2 or its derivatives be prohibited by P:UKF.

The ACOG model used in this addon is used with permission from the ACE 2 mod team. P:UKF cannot grant third parties permission to modify models containing the ACOG mesh without consent of the ACE 2 team.

Some textures are sourced from Photos provided by Matt Cetti Roberts with his kind permission. Matt Cetti Roberts still retains his IP and Copyright on these photos, and their use in this addon is under condition of use. For further information please contact P:UKF

The L110A2 LMG (Minimi Para) model used in this addon is used with permission from Lennard. P:UKF cannot grant third parties permission to modify .p3ds based upon the LMG mesh without the consent of Lennard.

Download Links

Armaholic: DOWNLOAD UKF_UKWEPS_OA V2.01 - Huge thanks to Foxhound for providing hosting and assistance for this release

Requires Extended Eventhandlers (XEH), part of Community Base Addon (CBA)

DOWNLOAD CBA+XEH

V2.02 Available on the Six Updater Network.

Weapons:

2yvv67o.png

|

ACE Extension:

2yvv67o.png
|

Readme/Classnames and config hotfixes - Current version 2.02

The following archive contains a backup for the configs, plugins, readme/classnames, keys and other small datafiles, for users who might lose the files, or download the addon from a private squad repository that may not include all the files. It does not contain the core model and texture file UKF_UKWeps_oa.pbo.

http://da12thmonkey.rkslstudios.info/RKSL/da12th/UKF/Weapons/UKF_UKWEPS_OA_CFG_2.02.7z

This archive was updated to V2.02 on September 9th 2012 to include the config hotfix for the the audiblefire setting in the config that was preventing transmission of the weapon fire sounds on BFA weapons to other clients in MP.

This archive was updated to V2.01 on April 5th 2012 to include the config hotfix for the 'deleted downloadable content' error that was appearing in some missions.

No need to host mirrors of this small file; all the data it contains is also included in the main archive, this is just an auxiliary archive.

Other Addons/Utilities you may be interested in

L115A3 by OOPz and UKF

[s.o.E] Loadout Editor For ArmA 2 Combined Operations - supports UKF weapons

Edited by da12thMonkey
Added file mirrors

Must update those GPMG textures and send them your way some day actually... way too blue. Great work matey, you've done some sterling work with these since we left.

Congrats. This is looking great.

Amazing work :)

The bipod has no effect on the recoil right?

If you use the weapons with ACE and deploy the bipod then press Shift+Space, this will plant the bipod firmly on the deck and will reduce recoil. In short bursts. Of course.

Any plans of a L129A1 Sharpshooter Rifle in the future?

Mate, Matt/StalkerGB has an L129 in his MTP infantry pack. He was working on updating it and adding the MUNS night-sight for it, but not sure if he's made any more progress on it.

Mate, Matt/StalkerGB has an L129 in his MTP infantry pack. He was working on updating it and adding the MUNS night-sight for it, but not sure if he's made any more progress on it.

Yep, use it in my squad loadouts at pres. Lets make the L129 the new M4!

It'll be like the OFP/ArmA1 days. Suddenly, M4A1 packs! Ffffffuuuuuuu!

As long as anyone who makes an L129 ignores that stupid foldable foregrip they're issued with, I'll be happy.

Amazing work :)

The bipod has no effect on the recoil right?

It did in the old version - the bipod down models had a slightly lower recoil prone version, and as Red says; the ACE bipod system only used to work if you deployed bipods.

However, because of the potential 'cheating' from the instant mag-change that the bipod script grants you in competative multiplayer, we decided that it'd be better to make the characteristics of the up & down variants weapons the same, so that people aren't at a particular advantage or disadvantage if the server admin/mission maker chooses to disable the bipod and LLM scipts (UKF_noGripOrBipod = true), to avoid the 'cheating' aspect of the script.

Because the config is now completely separate from all other data; It's really just a matter of you making a small config addon for if you really want to revert to the old system.

Regarding L129s - I did try making the 6x ACOG in maya to further my experience at high poly-to-low poly modelling, but the result was woeful and got binned. Consequently I don't feel I'd be able to make a nice L129 right now - I'm certainly not planning to make one in the near future. Stalker's is a canny enough shooter IMO.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Thanks for your continued work on the UK weaps Da12th and PUKF team.

The BAF stuff is pretty good but there's more love and attention to detail gone into the PUKF irons. :)

Are you planning on adding to Six Updater? I see the old 1.01 version is on there but I wasn't sure whether it would be added or if I need to DL separately.

It did in the old version - the bipod down models had a slightly lower recoil prone version, and as Red says; the ACE bipod system only used to work if you deployed bipods.

However, because of the potential 'cheating' from the instant mag-change that the bipod script grants you in competative multiplayer, we decided that it'd be better to make the characteristics of the up & down variants weapons the same, so that people aren't at a particular advantage or disadvantage if the server admin/mission maker chooses to disable the bipod and LLM scipts (UKF_noGripOrBipod = true), to avoid the 'cheating' aspect of the script.

Because the config is now completely separate from all other data; It's really just a matter of you making a small config addon for if you really want to revert to the old system.

Regarding L129s - I did try making the 6x ACOG in maya to further my experience at high poly-to-low poly modelling, but the result was woeful and got binned. Consequently I don't feel I'd be able to make a nice L129 right now - I'm certainly not planning to make one in the near future. Stalker's is a canny enough shooter IMO.

Thank you for your reply :)

So without ACE the bipod has no effect on recoil :) got it :)

I don't know whether this is because I'm using ACE or Glowbals JSRS config but the recoil on the original UKF L85's is none existent now.

Are you planning on adding to Six Updater? I see the old 1.01 version is on there but I wasn't sure whether it would be added or if I need to DL separately.

I imagine whoever put the old version on Six will have to sort out updating that; same as any other community mirrors. I didn't put the old version on the network, and I don't have the ability to host my own repository mirror. I only arranged hosting on Armaholic because I happened to be talking to Foxhound in his capacity as a BIForum moderator, about the locking the old thread and starting this one. If it was left to me, you'd be downloading it from rapidshare or some shit ;)

Since there's a lot of optional .pbos in this release, for six to host it all would require them setting up several different mod-folders to add to presets - otherwise you'll be manually deleting certain .pbos every time you run the updater to get the exact setup you want. I imagine they'd be best off just hosting the two core files (and possibly the ACE config given the affiliation with sickboy/ACE).

That's one of the reasons I've provided a separate backup archive for the the configs, readme etc. in the first post - so people can obtain them in a small (19kb) download if their automated repository doesn't set up the addon exactly how they want to play with it.

I don't know whether this is because I'm using ACE or Glowbals JSRS config but the recoil on the original UKF L85's is none existent now.

It's Glowbal's config - I mentioned it in the first post and the readme ;). A separate plugin for JSRS is no longer required; just don't install the 'client only' sound plugin, and the weapons will work with JSRS by default (or any other sound mod for that matter).

Edited by da12thMonkey

Fair one. Stalkers is just fine. Agreed.

removed my CSM2_UKF files and the recoils fixed. Great addon btw.

Great to see this, thanks and congrats!

Just a minor correction for the Known issues section, ASR Appendix does not conflict with this, but my old ACE config addon (@asr_pukf_weapons_ace) which is incompatible until I update it.

Great to see this, thanks and congrats!

Just a minor correction for the Known issues section, ASR Appendix does not conflict with this, but my old ACE config addon (@asr_pukf_weapons_ace) which is incompatible until I update it.

Sorry mate; that's the one I was thinking of.

I'll change the reference in the first post.

yeah i was about to ask that/ be nice to have the ACE effect and deploy anim linked. no big deal but would be more intuitive.

but i mus say that the quality of release is unbelivable! taking things to the next level. thank you very much for these great weapons.

edit - is saw this post and hope the config addon will be shred by someone who is more addon smart that i is - Because the config is now completely separate from all other data; It's really just a matter of you making a small config addon for if you really want to revert to the old system.I

Edited by twisted
top tier addon this

Many thanks da12th, been a great pleasure to fire pixels at pixels in new & exciting ways with these lovelies -filled a capabilities gap on missions and more than happy to see them enter the public domain for all to enjoy!

Thanks for sorting that out Sickboy. I've added the info to the first post.

You can probably remove addons/ukf_l96a1.pbo.gz, addons/ukf_l96a1.pbo.six_ukf_ukweps.bisign.gz, addons/ukf_l96a1.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign.gz from the folder though since they've been removed from the config.