jedra

Jedra's Weapon Indicator

Jedra's Weapons Indicator

While playing the new Take On Hinds expansion I noticed that in Expert mode, there is no visual indication of the currently selected weapon. To get this you have to turn on the full HUD in the game options which also displays all the dials - which I didn't really want.

This small addon displays the currently selected weapon and remaining ammo in the top right of the screen while in a vehicle. Although I made it with the Hinds expansion in mind, it will work in standard ToH and should work for any vehicle, not just helicopters.

I made this for those that like to play in Expert mode, but would still like to know which piece of very expensive ordanance they are about to waste!

UPDATE

There was a serious flaw in my previous versions which mean that the weapons indicator did not display after an in-game revert. I have completely re-written the addon now to cater for this problem and it should now work as expected.

Also - I have removed the original addon that used the BIS hint system and now just link to the version that uses the user interface instead.

NOTE - THIS VERSION WILL REQUIRE CBA_TOH

Download

You can download the addon from my server using the following link;

JedWeaponCheckAlt.rar

Mirrors

Removed mirror link for now until I have informed modsaholic...

download2_2.png

img_update_32_32.pngSix Updater

Required Addons

You wll need CBA_TOH which can be downloaded from here

Installation

Download both addons, extract the archive and place both @jed_weapCheckAlt and @CBA_TOH into your Take on Helicopters root folder.

You can then either;

1. Add the mods to you -mod switch in your shortcut,

2. Use the in-game expansion menu to activate them (will require a game restart).

3. Use your favourite launcher in the normal way. I use Six Updater - it is very good!

The weapon indicator will initialise automatically, you don't need to do anything to turn it on in game.

Compatibility

Should work in any version of Take On Helicopters with or without the Hinds DLC.

I have tested in multiplayer, both LAN and Dedicated and it seems to work fine.

Acknowledgements

Thanks to BIS for making yet another awesome game.

Thanks to the BI Forums community for your support, knowledge and dedication to making BI games the best in the business.

Thanks to my familly for letting me waste far too much time on BI products!

Issues

None that I know of, but please let me know if you find any or have a feature request.

Edited by Jedra

Ah thats great. Its abit sad that they dont managed to do real indicators for weapon systems...

Well this is a semi-sim ^^

Thank you for this!

I have a gut feeling that this will be patched soon, so hopefully this small addon will just act as a stop-gap until they do. If they don't patch it then I might tart it up a bit!

@Dark - thanks for the mirror!

Edited by Jedra

Works nice but still to big banner for me for expert mode. Is it possible to do more small info and more transparent, or just if You change it this banner with the name will be disappear after 2-3 seconds?

The best way for expert - no digital infos like in the other modes but only small implementation.

Btw. Thanks :) !

Probably not too much I can do as I am using the standard hint routine. You could always try changing your interface to 'Very Small' and see if that makes it smaller. It's intention was a quick and dirty fix until BIS come up with something, but I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can make it better.

Ok, Thank You.

For sure, if You have a time please to do it. The better way (I think) its only very small text in right top corner, without background ect. Just very small info, thats all ;) but I thing They will something in next patch.

Or maybe - the best way - only speech of pilot (his choice)? Without any text info? This will be the best way for Expert mode.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29470 Please vote it.

Edited by _YoYo_

Alternative version is in the first post. Some people had requested a less obtrusive version!!

Well, it should look something like this (I am also using my no-radar mod with thsi screenshot);

weapon_ind.jpg

Glad you got it working. You're going to have to edit your post to reduce that picture to less than 100Kb - the moderators will be after you otherwise ;-)

Update

I have uploaded a new version of the Alternate Weapons Indicator (link in first post updated). It was not working in multiplayer...

It seems that the Extended Event Handlers in CBA somehow caused the uiNamespace not to work. I have instead done it the old fashioned way and run my script from the onload event of RscDisplayMission.

So, for the alternate version CBA_TOH is not required

Edited by Jedra

Spotted a small issue today in that I do not show the ammo type so in something like a light helo it doesn't diferenciate between the two cannons - I'll fix today once I have go the kids to school...

New versions in my server links in the first page. The displays now show the weapon burst mode - useful for duel mode weapons like in the light military chopper.

It conserns too Alternative mod ? Can I download again ?

(maybe better to put the neme of version near the link :) )

Yes, I fixed both versions, so yes please download the alternative version again. I'll probably just remove the first one as I prefer the alternative version myself! I'll do that tomorrow.

Jedra, Im not sure but noticed in offline - if the mission is load again (from autosave, mission not from beginning) text of indicator doesnt change.

lol - yeah good spot. I need to reinitialize it - I'll get a fix out as soon as possible.

The fix for this is a bit more complex than I thought! Bear with me while I scour the brains of BI world for help... In the meantime, rather than reverting to a previous save from within the mission, you'll need to quit to the missions screen and 'continue' or 'restart' from there.

Hi all,

I have completely rewritten the addon and it should now work as expected. I have updated the first post with the information needed.

Note - there is now only one version and it will require CBA_TOH.

If anybody wants me I will be somewhere in South Asia learning how to land a Hind - don't get too close....

Wow and I see this is alternative version. Next day, next download. Ok :D. Thank You for new Alt version. Will test it.