Sign in to follow this  
dissaifer

11th Plague [CO-OP 5] beta

Well, kinda nervous as this is my first public mission.

I'd really like to thank Celery and Neokikka(_neo_) and the whole community for anything they were willing to teach me with scripting. With that I do expect some bugs and I don't really consider this done, but I would like some testers that don't mind the experience to be ruined to tell me how it goes. If you can ninja fraps it and send the first reactions that would be great in helping me improve the experience for others. Any comments are welcome. :)

11th plague corrected!

Edited by Dissaifer

Some feedback:

• Give the mission a name and description in the weather menu. Having a filename as what shows in the server list is ugly. All the better if it could be recognized as a five player coop mission in both the browser and mission folder.
  • CLY_terraingrid=paramsArray select 1; returns a zero divisor error at mission start. Remember to use -showScriptErrors and read the RPT file in AppData\Local\Arma.
  • The briefing could use some tasks or an overview to tell the player what's up. Only the character with the map sees the markers, no-one else has any clue what to do.
  • Use "" in strings to have them show ". Will make reading quotes easier.
  • neokika, not neokikka.
  • Some typos/errors in the diary entries.
  • I don't get the meaning of "1 in the clip"
  • The characters aren't very balanced. There is no incentive to pick the first slot when there is a guy with the same gun also with a map.
  • I didn't find how to let go of the tire. You will be completely helpless against the zombies and if playing solo, your mission ends there.
  • The atmosphere is good. I like the sounds, although they could be positional to give the feeling that something really is out there making them.

Edited by Celery

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm not sure what typos are in the diaries can you point them out ("English") is supposed to be English if you are referring to the tire/tyre, but I'll look at it again.

The label and errors I need to fix.

Balance

As for some of the balance issues. My intent is that this is the very beginning of the zombie outbreak, and these guys don't know (not sure if you heard the radio in the car at the very beginning) - they are just unlucky enough to get a flat tire out in the woods after a day of shooting and these are the guns they have. 3 guys without lights, 2 with lights - I was almost not going to give the guys with lights ammo (pretending it was a flash light), but thought that was too much.

Objectives

I am aware the mission can't be done solo and actually wrote the diaries so the players would have to talk to each other, forcing them to work together to figure out what is going on. Their goal really only is go down the road get the tire, bring it back, fix it, and drive away in any direction. I realize that isn't clear as a single player, but I was really trying to go for a team work aspect.

For the sound, should I use say3D or something else?

For the tire, well, that's part of Neo's script, you just look down at it and it gives you the option to drop it, maybe there should be an option from the action wheel. I'll look into adjusting that.

Thanks again for the feed back, I'll see what I can do about the other things you mentioned.

this sounds really good. could you provide another download link please? seems the one in your post is outdated. i'm a big fan of the original mission and would really like to test this. maybe i'll even make a little video.

yeah the post is outdated, I have to correct the a sound issue and I'll repost it for you. Thanks!

Corrected link above and some issues with the mission - there are still others, I haven't tested much since the thread died awhile ago.