Sign in to follow this  
matteo1944

Need help from an ISLAND MAKER

If anyone can help me,please contact me in anyway!!

-So i'm trying to create this and i made that,but now problem is that when soldiers in landing craft aproach shallow part which is 0(zero),landing craft unloads them all in deep water....is there a way to avoid this....

so here is what i did so far omahabeachcrosssection.jpg

not much info, but I might think it's related to LC model itself but not terrain... Did you check those Geo LODs???? perhaps your LC is in the right place, i mean, it is landing where it's been told to do so or it's clashing on terrain at some LOD... saluditos amiguito!

EDIT: i f you think your LC model is OK, you should pay attention to your underwater coast line... is it smoothed enough? Did you try with a different angle, more steepy???? give it a try and tell us...

Edited by Robster

If anyone can help me,please contact me in anyway!!

-So i'm trying to create this and i made that,but now problem is that when soldiers in landing craft aproach shallow part which is 0(zero),landing craft unloads them all in deep water....is there a way to avoid this....

so here is what i did so far http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9352/omahabeachcrosssection.jpg

Yes.It's possible. You can use invisible targets and unload transport on them. Something similiar was in one of campaign if I remember correctly. It was a wwII mission/campaign. I'll check next week if I still have that file. If yes I'll upload.

Bielow

Oh,sorry for so many informations I gave to you :o

This is the deal,I made an Island (will release it ,if i manage to clar this up) and i placed height's in this order

sea surounding the island -5

beach -1,0,1,2,3,4,5 shingle 11m,clearing in front of the cliff 7m and then cliff 30 m; or picture....so my problem is every time i try to unload units on the shallow part which is 0(zero) boat either drive along the beach and disembark them 300 m away from their actual landing zone,or unloads them all in water which is -1,I've even tried with scripts (thanks Nikiiler) but same thing again...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

it's quite weird... I wouldn't say it's related to model or terrain, but perhaps both of them... did you tried with BIS boats, just like RHIB... if it doesn't work, certainly should be related to your terrain...

Indeed it was related with my terrain now my beach look like this(elevation) -6,-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4,5 and it work thanks Robster

Bielow; no need for You to upload this file.... but thanks for your advice!

edit: well same thing again :mad:

this is driving me crazy!!!!

Edited by Matteo1944