Sign in to follow this  
mrwohoo

Ok, this is getting ridiculous :\

Ok, ive downloaded the demo, i was utterly excited to get my hands on this game, but, how dissapointed i became, not because of the game itself, but the damn trim, that has to be adjusted every time. Ok, even in editor mode, when i choose " In flight ", the trim is still not adjusted even tho i started inflight.

Bohemia Interactive, Please, i beg of you, do something about the heavy right dragging. Ofc i can adjust the trim, but even then its extremly difficult to handle the helo. And i seriously doubt IRL pilots struggle that much with the controls.

As i said in the title, this IS getting ridiculus, because every time i start a new game, i nearly dont have the time to adjust the trim before i crash and burn.

Bohemia, you did give your best of making a realistic Helicopter game, but with a slight abit of fail in it, no offence, but it is the truth.

If this continues in the full version of the game, i doubt im gonna buy it :\

Sincerly

Roger Lennes

demo is several builds behind the real thing ... (i think 1.01 vs 1.05 now)

As most of us none-pilots have come to understand since the release of ToH, torque enduced yaw is a very real dynamic in helicopter flight. Granted, the early flight models were more brutal than they are now, but it is still there. You should find that as you gain speed that this yaw is reduced and also by careful control of the collective and pedals at low speed, the yaw can be managed with a bit of practice.

I hated it to start with and could not understand it. Then someone pointed me in the direction of a helicopter flight manual that explained the physics behind it and I began to understand. Practice, practice and more practice was the only way to learn how to deal with it.

Also granted is that starting from flying can be quite tricky. For one it's an artificial state as you would never be in a situation where you are suddenly flying with all your controls out of position. You just have to brace yourself! I find that if I place my collective at around 70% and get ready on the right pedal before I start in the flying position I can recover quite quickly.

Not sure if the demo has Time Trials, but if it does, play those as it gets you into the habit of starting in the flying position and having to get your controls in order before the first checkpoint. If the demo doesn't have Time Trials then just keep practicing in the editor.

The new Hinds DLC (out today) is even more tricky, but boy can those birds fly fast!

As most of us none-pilots have come to understand since the release of ToH, torque enduced yaw is a very real dynamic in helicopter flight. Granted, the early flight models were more brutal than they are now, but it is still there. You should find that as you gain speed that this yaw is reduced and also by careful control of the collective and pedals at low speed, the yaw can be managed with a bit of practice.

I hated it to start with and could not understand it. Then someone pointed me in the direction of a helicopter flight manual that explained the physics behind it and I began to understand. Practice, practice and more practice was the only way to learn how to deal with it.

Also granted is that starting from flying can be quite tricky. For one it's an artificial state as you would never be in a situation where you are suddenly flying with all your controls out of position. You just have to brace yourself! I find that if I place my collective at around 70% and get ready on the right pedal before I start in the flying position I can recover quite quickly.

Not sure if the demo has Time Trials, but if it does, play those as it gets you into the habit of starting in the flying position and having to get your controls in order before the first checkpoint. If the demo doesn't have Time Trials then just keep practicing in the editor.

The new Hinds DLC (out today) is even more tricky, but boy can those birds fly fast!

Yeah thanks :) Im just gonna say im no newcomer to helo's, infact i got over 3000 hours of helicopter flying behind me, but then again, i know the cyclic, i know how it is supposed to handle, and yes i know one have to put the trim in good use, but when i am experiencing right now just dosent feel like it should do. But im most probable gonna buy the game anyways, because flying helo's is the best thing in the world ( Simulated ofc ;) )

I downloaded it too, and am totally unsatisfied with it.

It's not the torque I'm mostly disappointed, it's the apparent random right roll I'm getting.

On cruise the heavy is cupsizing by itself even when trimmed, and on static power.

Most of the times I fly the SWAT mission, I end up dying multiple times because the heli would dive or roll out of control.

I don't exceed the VMO in these frangents, I'm desperately fighting the chopper.

The light is somewhat better, but it is subject to the same forces, only to a lesser degree.

I'm no real chopper pilot (only simple ppl), but given the workload I'm subject to, I can't believe this is anything "realistic".

No way I'm buying the game if I can't try in advance that the flightmodel has been updated.

As it is, even MSFS2000 is better in depicting helis!

'nough said.

I downloaded it too, and am totally unsatisfied with it.

It's not the torque I'm mostly disappointed, it's the apparent random right roll I'm getting.

On cruise the heavy is cupsizing by itself even when trimmed, and on static power.

Most of the times I fly the SWAT mission, I end up dying multiple times because the heli would dive or roll out of control.

I don't exceed the VMO in these frangents, I'm desperately fighting the chopper.

The light is somewhat better, but it is subject to the same forces, only to a lesser degree.

I'm no real chopper pilot (only simple ppl), but given the workload I'm subject to, I can't believe this is anything "realistic".

No way I'm buying the game if I can't try in advance that the flightmodel has been updated.

As it is, even MSFS2000 is better in depicting helis!

'nough said.

as one player to another i think that the flight model in tkoh is actually pretty damn good.afaik recall that roll was problem with heavy for some reason but it has been patched - guess demo hasnt been patched.

it you get roll try not to play on expert or get yourself a pair of pedals to counteract the roll. then is much easier

also are you pushing collective all the way up or going slow? probably you are going slow which is right, but if you are going fast, well go slow instead with collective.

as one player to another i think that the flight model in tkoh is actually pretty damn good.afaik recall that roll was problem with heavy for some reason but it has been patched - guess demo hasnt been patched.

it you get roll try not to play on expert or get yourself a pair of pedals to counteract the roll. then is much easier

also are you pushing collective all the way up or going slow? probably you are going slow which is right, but if you are going fast, well go slow instead with collective.

If you have roll, pedals wouldn't do anything to it. Pedals are anti-torque, eg yaw.

Collective all the way, not always. But sometimes I find I do, and when I do it's a sure way to fall down to earth.

I hated it to start with and could not understand it. Then someone pointed me in the direction of a helicopter flight manual that explained the physics behind it and I began to understand.

If you still have access to this could you please share it? I would like to read and understand this too :)

If you have roll, pedals wouldn't do anything to it. Pedals are anti-torque, eg yaw.

Collective all the way, not always. But sometimes I find I do, and when I do it's a sure way to fall down to earth.

While true, the pedals do have some small part to play in the rolling behaviour of a helicopter because the thrust of the main rotor is not in line if the centre of gravity of the helicopter in the rolling axis.

If you still have access to this could you please share it? I would like to read and understand this too :)

I think the original 'manual' was the 'Rotorcraft Flying Handbook' from the FAA.

In the meantime it has been updated, and the title changed to 'Helicopter Flying Handbook'.

This is my first post *yay* so unfortunately I can't provide a link, but you should easily find them by searching for the title :-)