Jedra's Take On Taxis...

TaxiMontage.jpg

Description

After completing all my time trials and while waiting to play in something big and Russian you're probably bored right? Well here's something to keep you going until those big nasty birds arrive in a couple of days.

Larkin Aviation have decided to tap into the burgeoning tourist trade in the Seattle area and also the desperate need for civilians to get around Seattle. They have purchased a couple of new helicopters and bought the "Dummy's Guide To Painting Your Helicopter" and have set up shop as Seattle's very first flying yellow cab company.

Whenever you feel like earning a few extra dollars for yourself, simply take a shift in one of these beasts, take people where they want to go and generally watch your career funds head in a generally upwardly mobile direction.

Download

You can find the mission on my server by following the link below. As a bonus you will also get my Time Trial missions.

download here or...

download2_2.png

Installation

You will find two folders in the downloaded rar;

@JedraMissions - contains the missions and all previous Time Trials

@JedraTaxis - contains 2 new liveries. One each for light and medium type helicopters. You will find them under Light [Yellow Cab] and medium [yellow cab] respectively in the editor.

Make sure that you have both or the missions will not load properly. You can either load them using the -mod switch method, or from the in-game expansion menu, or by using a thrid party thingymawotsit like Six Updater (I use this, it's very good!).

Mission - further info

This mission is a procedural mission much like the challenges that are provided with the game. It will be different every time you play it and offers a variety of challenges. At some point I will explain how I did it over in the editting thread - I am tired now though, so perhaps in a few days.

Also if you did not take the hint from before, any money you earn as a flying cabbie will be added to your campaign funds. If there is enough fist shaking and cryings of 'you rotter' about this, then I may provide a version that is just for fun!

Known Issues

I haven't seen anything majorly game breaking, but I have seen the following;

1. Very occaisionally a new task does not get issued. Not sure why as I haven't been able to track down the bug. The only thing you can do is re-start. You will keep any money earned from completed fares though.

2. Sometimes the drop off point is the same as the pick up point. In this case, you have just earned some very easy money! I have only just spotted this, so will fix for the next release.

As usual please feel free to critique the missions and/or post bugs and suggestions. I will myself be straddling those Russian beauties over the coming week, so I may not immediately get round to fixing any issues, but I will try!

Most of all enjoy - I had a lot of fun making this mission!

Edited by Jedra

Thanks Dark - I started to fill in the self updater on Modsaholic but IE crashed! I'll use FF next time as it seems a bit more stable. Thanks for linking!

Thanks Dark - I started to fill in the self updater on Modsaholic but IE crashed! I'll use FF next time as it seems a bit more stable. Thanks for linking!

hehe no worries, LoL and what's IE? no one uses that anymore... Chrome FTW ;)

Thanks again.

Jedra, You are my Hero! I take all girls :D.

tokhpl28.jpg

Very nice idea and missions.

Yes, there is definitely a gender imbalance in these missions! I am pleased if anyone enjoys the missions though. If BI release the Hind templates then maybe we will get some more angry taxis!

Yes, there is definitely a gender imbalance in these missions! I am pleased if anyone enjoys the missions though. If BI release the Hind templates then maybe we will get some more angry taxis!

Or taxi in Afghanistan ? Memories of brother ;).

- take a troops, delivery to mission,

- take a desant

- support convoy

ect.

Edited by _YoYo_

I downloaded it, opened RAR and added the 3 files to the TOH file (direct copy and paste into folder). I have ticked the boxes for add ons and restarted the game. They come up, but when i try the taxi's one, it places 5 of us in a field with no chopper and when i go to restart it says there are no helicopters in file! No doubt this is an issue on my part as i believe the 5 peeps are the same as the start of 09: The Shakedown which i was about to start.

I am new to this adding files malarkey and have more than likely buggered it up somewhere along the line or my version needs to be updated.

Note, at time of writing this i am on the CD version (No update) and hopefully within the next 24 hours will be on the updated and all singing and dancing Steam version.

Any advice so if i put this onto the steam version i don't cock it up?

Hi,

I just checked and it should work OK. You only need the two folders;

@JedraMissions

@JedraTaxis

The other folder is just the source code.

My version is using the very latest patch, so maybe that's the issue. Also I never us the in-game extension manager - I use Six Updater, but I don't see why it shouldn't work with the in-game manager - I will try that later...

Jedra - It was just that - Didn't work without the Update. Nice work :cool:

Quite enjoyable "mission". Thanks for taking the time to make it! Also like the taxi paint schemes.