Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.2 released

v4.2 released!!!!

Over 20 sample missions including: Hazar-Kot, Eden, Tigeria, Qom Province, CLAfghan, Lingor, Tora Bora, Podagorsk, Cicada, Takistan, Chernarus, Zargabad and Utes

A2CO, ACE, CWR missions AVAILABLE! (removed A2Free)

COOP, TvT, CTI missions AVAILABLE!

Random IEDs, Suicide Bombers, VB-IEDs, Roadblocks now implemented!

Roy86's Patrol Ops 2 now integrated!

Reezo's EOD add-on now compatible!

Nielsen's Civilian Interaction Module now compatible!

msox.jpg

Get the latest 4.21 Missions AND MSO Code Base

here

Requires CBA

You need

ELITENESS to depbo these missions

Note: We will be regularly patching/fixing the code and missions as feedback comes in, so please check back here for any newer versions.

What's New for v4.20?

Core

- Added CWR² M113 HQ to WHB Multispawn

- Added CWR² US units to Recruitment

- Added message telling players when they can reconnect if they run out of lives.

- Added DRN Dynamic Weather (thanks Engima)

Support

- Town Manager fixes

- Ensured R3F and Patrol Ops 2 compatibility

- Fixed mission construction module entry

- Added SL's to recruitment

Enemy

- Prevented TCells from recruiting if > 150 OPFOR units exist (Feature #27597)

- Updated Terror Cells to now randomly setup road block near town (30% chance)

- TUP_IED improvements - added EOD loudspeakers to vehicles, double number of IEDs if enemy present, cleaned up IED object lists

- Update of PO2 to v082

- Updated WICT (26.01.2012, v.04.10.001, thanks Highhead

- changed max. safepos in main.sqf for camps and AI to have baseguards and to get better spawning positions of bases (not in hills and elevation)

- Added OCB Roy86's Patrol Ops 2 enemy module, courtesy of Highhead

- Terrorists don't react when travelling in car unless BLUFOR are within 200m and below 50 feet

- Updated Terrorist Cells to use TUP_IED for VBIEDs

- Added TUP_IED module, places ambient IEDs, VBIEDs and Suicide Bombers on any map, also automatically integrates with Reezo's EOD addon (optional)

- Improved Reezo EOD addon by replacing addon scripts in mission (IEDs only detonate for players now, random smaller charges, better logging)

Ambience

- Dogs only bark when approached

- Made shepherds more reactive when their flock are shot or injured (except by vehicles)

- Changed default parameters for Ambient Air (All Factions by default) and WICT (Off by default)

- Ambient Air is changed now that aircraft truly Never Fire when told to do so, so enemy aircraft pose no threat (and sound/look very good)

- Updated Civilian Vehicles so certain amount are VBIEDs (if enabled in params)

- Removed BIS_CIV_special from ambient civilians

- Random door closer

Missions

- Obsoleted support for A2Free until someone tells us they are using it

- Added Villa helipad to Zargabad

Other

- Fixed guard post and House patrol scripts

- Added spawnCrew function (searches the area for vehicles and spawns crew, useful for compositions)

- Fixed default factions in SP

Known Issues

- PO2 tasks sometimes throw errors if there is no suitable position/building available

- UAV stops Shift-Click and Alt-Click from working if you do not use the context menu

- Server Crashes with Beta

- EOD Loudspeaker functionality seems to disappear after reconnect

- MHQ can be deployed several times

- CIM Extraction Helo is spawned on hill side in Takistan

Feedback, issues, bugs

Report any issues here.

What Is MSO?

Multi Session Operations is a modular mission framework. Essentially it is a collection of scripts that create a persistent, living scenario in which the player operates. Unlike regular missions that have pre-scripted objectives, MSO procedurally generates enemy forces that are unpredictable and (semi) random. Players have to think beyond the mere tactical level and build up the intelligence picture, carrying out recce patrols to identify enemy locations and conduct deliberate attacks to neutralise them. Everything is persistent, including equipment, ammo, vehicles and even player lives. MSO is designed specifically for Dedicated Server use.

Recommended Settings / Peformance

Due to the dynamic nature of MSO and its reliance on scripting to generate ambience and dynamic enemy, it can be resource intensive. The default settings are the recommended ones for most maps (although I would recommend All Factions for ambient air if used). If you have a large map with lots of locations (Chernarus) or a large number of players you will want to consider disabling or dialling down ambience or enemy.

If you enable ALL the modules, please do not ask us why it performs so poorly.

Credits

The MSO team would like to welcome HighHead and WobblyHeadedBob to the dev team!

Thanks to:

- MSO development team: Wolffy.au, Tupolov, Ryan, friznit, highhead, WobblyHeadedBob, zorrobyte, HateDread, kieran, Kolmain, and Rommel

- Ryan, Antipop, Rommel, Militant, Scarecrow and Australian Armed Forces (AAF)

- Friznit, Tupolov, DaveP and Volunteer Commando Battalion (VCB)

- Krause, Beta, Sandiford, JollyResq - United Operations (UO)

- Kremator, SCAJolly, Katipo66, vengeance1, 16AA, VCB and AEF clans for testing

- Alef and Sickboy for CBA conversion for A2Free

- Xeno and Mikero for their Mission Builder Script

- Spyder for Object Network Update (ONU), LoyalGuard for ARMA Electrical Grids (AEG), ArmaIIholic and Highhead for World In Conflict (WICT), LurchiDerLurch for AC130 CAS

- Robalo, USMCWall, Muzzleflash, Wobbleyheadedbob, Hatedread, Zonekiller, VoW Widow, Swedge, Lonestar, SBSMac, Prymsuspec, zGuba, Fireball, Nou, Jaynus, Norrin for bits and pieces we got from you

- CWR² team, IceBreakr, Shezan, Commander, Old Bear for making your mods and islands MSO friendly

- Roy86 for Patrol Ops 2 Module

- Enigma for Weather Module

Edited by Tupolov

Please make sure you grab v4.21, provides key fixes for the PO2 module.

Thanks for doing the release guys - I was just not able to focus long enough to do it! :D

No you don't need a dedi, but i's highly recommended. The amount of stuff being thrown at the server by MSO will make a LAN hosted game quite slow, although it's perfectly workable if you turn a lot of the ambient stuff off and reduce the enemy % down some

Do we really need a dedicated server for this to work? I only have local server capability.

you can start up the armaoaserver with cba and combined ops loaded as mods and then just start up arma both on your local machine and then connect to your server over the regular arma server browser. It works for me very well

you can start up the armaoaserver with cba and combined ops loaded as mods and then just start up arma both on your local machine and then connect to your server over the regular arma server browser. It works for me very well

Seems like that would be the exact same as a local host since it's hosted you know... locally.

Difference being you can keep it running in the background with persistant mode on and continue to JIP, whereas a locally hosted LAN game will end when you disconnect.

Hi, i've been playing MSO 4.2 on several maps yesterday and i have a question. Why every single time the first mission is to ambush enemy convoy? It's normal? I played on default settings. Also, do you have some extra documentation where explain what every module do?

Hi, i've been playing MSO 4.2 on several maps yesterday and i have a question. Why every single time the first mission is to ambush enemy convoy? It's normal? I played on default settings. Also, do you have some extra documentation where explain what every module do?

those are "standard tasks", when "CRB Convoys"-Module is active.

CRB Convoys also has been integrated to PO2 in the meanwhile -> just turn "Enemy convoy Intensity" to "None", in mission-parameters at mission-startup and there will only be a convoy tasking when you sign in to special operations at MHQ!

here is some documentation.

Editors Guide: https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/16897/MSOEditorsManual-4.2.pdf

Users Manual: https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/16867/MSOPlayersGuide.pdf

enjoy

Edited by highhead

In CLAfghan only one HQ is showing patrol ops option (BAF one). Can we have both HQ (BAF and US) showing patrol ops options? I had removed recruitment module and R3F_Logistics only.

Thank you guys!!

Edited by Redhawk13

Question. I have tried two of the missions on my local dedicated server. In each one after I die for the first time, the mission will end with "a new life in XXXX hrs" this happens even with re-spawning in a new slot. Is that by design? If so is there a setting I need to use to stop that from happening?

This was with the default settings that the mission starts with when first starting it up for a game.

Also with vanilla Arma 2 CO no mods, except clients with sound/warFX

Thanks.

Edited by heklos

In CLAfghan only one HQ is showing patrol ops option (BAF one). Can we have both HQ (BAF and US) showing patrol ops options? I had removed recruitment module and R3F_Logistics only.

Thank you guys!!

Yo m8!

Thx for your input!

Im already working on a different method of signing in to special operations over communication-menu so it is independent of the hqs. And tup is also working on an air-ops version (special ops for aircrafts). I tested yesterday and its quite nice for its experimental status! Should be ready with next version.

Enjoy

Question. I have tried two of the missions on my local dedicated server. In each one after I die for the first time, the mission will end with "a new life in XXXX hrs" this happens even with re-spawning in a new slot. Is that by design? If so is there a setting I need to use to stop that from happening?

This was with the default settings that the mission starts with when first starting it up for a game.

Yo m8!

This is by design - to have ppl care about there lives it is restricted. So if you have 3 lives per day refreshing after 1 day, yu wil have 1 live evry 8 hours.

Yu can easily set the lives to 'unlimited' in the mission parameters - actually the first thing you should do when setting up an mso is to go thru the parameters at mission startup, you will be pleased how much can be configured!

Enjoy

Ok thanks, I did check it out and there are soo many options its great thanks for all the hard work on this.

So it tracks it based on the actual player not what slot they take then?

Ok thanks, I did check it out and there are soo many options its great thanks for all the hard work on this.

So it tracks it based on the actual player not what slot they take then?

It tracks on the player-id, so no matter what slot you take. If class-restriction is on, you would need to take the same slot (soldier-class) as when you connected first time - or you would also be disconnected (so i recommend to turn that off also).

i have a bug i don't see any option in-game for the PO2 mission in clafghan map , is it normal ?

i have a bug i don't see any option in-game for the PO2 mission in clafghan map , is it normal ?

Do you use the ace-clafghan version of provided missions and is there a HQ (mhq), where yu can sign in to special ops?

Did you try vanilla takistan mission?

Thx

HH

I use the ace version and yes we have the MHQ set up where we can sign up but we don't have any special ops thing or OP2 just the respawn and no i didn't try the takistan one

Did you turn the PO2 module on? Did you check both FOBs on CLAfghan?