Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dedicated Server Doesn't Show

Change:
    reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
    to:
    reportingIP="arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
    You have a space after reportingIP and after the = symbol.

I've tried changing to [arma2pc.master.gamespy.com], but the server still isn't showing up on the list

BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.126) is the latest Battleye from http://www.battleye.com/download.html

I've also tried a copy and paste from the Kelly's heroes website (see the second config code) It doesn't have spaces in:
    reportingIP = "arma2....."
    , but that config file isnt working either. The 1st config is just from Trophe's Arma 2 Dedicated server tool.

The thing I really dont understand is why it shows people joining the server for 10-15 seconds and leaving. The server has to be broadcasting something somewhere if I'm getting 'X user connected, a list of the 'mods' they are using and X user disconnected' in the Arma OA console

Quote Originally Posted by trueapothecary View Post
    BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.126) is the latest Battleye from http://www.battleye.com/download.html
    sorry. its not. latest is 1.32. i think you putted the BEServer.dll in the wrong dir.
    also check that its using the correct dir for your config file.. Ie. if you used the profile parameter you might edit wrong file..

Quote Originally Posted by nuxil View Post
    sorry. its not. latest is 1.32. i think you putted the BEServer.dll in the wrong dir.
    also check that its using the correct dir for your config file.. Ie. if you used the profile parameter you might edit wrong file..
    Ok, I've put the correct battleye dll in all of the generated battleye folders, It's running 1.32 but I still can't see the server. I've also tried with Battleeye turned off but no luck =(.
    Last edited by trueapothecary; Mar 13 2012 at 00:33.

Edit:
    Just checked the server.cfg on BIS wiki and it has spaces as well so just ignore my posts above as that is not the case. If you can answer the questions below then maybe it will be easier to find the problem.
    Q) Do you have a router and if so which one?
    W) What ports have you opened?
    E) Do you have any other firewalls/security protection such as Norton; Mcafee?
    Last edited by Dirty Haz; Mar 13 2012 at 16:18.

I've been trying this on two machines.. My own and a dedicated server machine. The dedicated server has all of its ports open with no windows firewalls or anything. And with my own machine, I have the firewall open for all of the 3 utc ports required, but I'm not seeing the server...

I feel like I'm missing something big... let me go over the steps I've taken so far on both machines

- Install ArmA2 and OA
    - Download Arma 2 standalone dedicated server
    - Download OA standalone dedicated server
    - Download Battleye.dll
    - add server.cfg and Arma2.cfg
    - add default.arma2profile
    -Open ports 2302 2303 2305
    -create shortcut to arma2oaserver with parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 -name=default -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=default"
    -launch...

Try this:
    -port=2302 -name=default -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=default -netlog
    and this:
    -port=2302 -name=default -config=server.cfg -cfg=Arma2.cfg -profiles=default -netlog
    Make sure you have put the server.cfg in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\
    Can you also post your Arma2.cfg so I can look at it.

---------- Post added 03-14-2012 at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-13-2012 at 10:45 PM ----------

Try:
    reportingIP = "arma2.master.gamespy.com";
    and this:
    reportingIP = "arma2oa.master.gamespy.com";

I really appreciate your help Haz, sorry I've been busy with school so I haven't had much time to spend working on this issue. I'll give your last suggestions a go and see if I have any luck, but I might just have to find someone I can drag onto Teamspeak that has experience setting up a server. Hopefully I can find someone that still remembers the steps. I had an old squad made that talked about having 'issues' getting the dedi server started but he couldn't remember how he fixed them.

Also, ever since I started messing around with the server exe, I wound up messing up six-updater somehow (god help me if I can ever get it configured again). I also see server settings on sixupdater, but I can't seem to launch a server with that program either. I thought one of these outside programs would make setting up a server easy. Oh well.

If you have a TS server then I can explain how to setup server from total beginning. PM with details if you want me to explain it all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12