Sign in to follow this  
sudayev

Funny story of how Poland wants to 'poison' Australia

The reaction to this stuff may seem over the top, but its mostly due to our crap media and because the financial cost of alcohol and especially the weekend binge drinking culture is quite topical here.

i doubt

in Polish we call it kaczki (journal ducks), sezon ogórkowy (cucumber season),

we can translate it as smokescreen topic,

journalists MUST find ANYTHING to put on broadcast "between commercial breaks", so they find "poison habits, old woman had dog with long ears, one cat raped dog, mr. X saw UFO in his garden and it broke his grass"

journalists must have something to fill in news , to fill broadcast , which in real is only to make people stay by TV and watch commercial breaks every 15-20 minuts ;)

it's not about issue, it's about fulfilling broadcast time ;)

another day TV will say about kangaroo which raped dog of Ms. Anna McCornick ;) the more people will watch, the more will see commercial break 5 minuts later ;)

one Polish media-sociologist said that such programs (you can dance, stupid news, talkshows, etc) are done because TV must sell commercials, so people must watch them, so TV must do anything to bring more and more people to TV,

for sure poisoning vodka from Europe is better than "our company did harm to natural environment in Sierra Leone" ;)

if you would have "boring" (for mainstream, boring for low educated and low ambitions user) broadcast, noone will watch commercials, people who watch ambition movies, people who watch scientific programs, mostly hate commercials and turn off tv

so you make broadcast which will bring to tv lots of those, who will buy something after commercial, so you do broadcast on their level ;)

panem et circenses, panem et circenses my friend ;)

Edited by vilas

Here's a joke I picked up in some obscure ex-Yugo country (no offense, people :p)

"Why is the highest legal limit in *part of country* double that in the rest of the country?"

"They have to account for the .6 permils in the air they breathe."

But seriously, alcohol is pretty dangerous. Just ask all the people that get hit by a guy driving on the wrong side of the road.

I think that Australian officials should worry more about their Aboriginals and how they destroyed whole aboriginal communities by giving them free money for being Aboriginal. They literally drink away their whole lives, drink till they pass out in the streets. Of course they used to drink their much weaker brews before this social welfare and damn money benefits. It's so sad what happened to Aboriginals in Australia. 'Free' money handed to the people never did any good.

Huh? You dont live in Australia, so how do you know this?!

I thought only us locals knew this (true) story.

Sadly the local aboriginals have a genetic weakness to becoming alcoholics (like many aboriginals world wide). They are a minority, and the government is giving most money .... for nothing.

You can guess where they spend it.

Spirits and beer are taxed (heavily) by alcohol content so it's no cheaper per alcohol content to buy than normal 35% alcohol whiskey (this is also why strong spirits are unpopular here). The real alcoholics here drink wine, since it is taxed differently and is cheaper per alcohol content.

Yeh, and ciders are having a bit of a popular spell at the moment here too, but are no cheaper than beer.

Huh? You dont live in Australia, so how do you know this?!

some people travel to their families which work in Your country (and NZ) so they know issues ;)

returning to topic, has anyone used spiritus with chocolate icecream ;) :D drinking strong alcohol is not good habit, but giving it to icecream (one small spoon) or to cure yourself (with fresh "green" walnuts (May in Europe) melting for weeks or pepper) is good :)

to drink spiritus there is only one rule, it is connected with breathing (exhale, inhale) , if you drink such strong volume wrongly breathing , you can have problems and suddenly fall down (reaction of lungs on it) ;) afair it is drink "on exhale"

if someone is not "trained" he can really fall down due to reaction of organism (i suppose it is connected with fumes of alcohol for lungs), spiritus cannot be drink like vodka or wine (and it is written by me, enemy of alcohol ;) )

shooting is also "on exhale" , isn't it ;)

Edited by vilas

Gnat;2117835']Huh? You dont live in Australia' date=' so how do you know this?!

I thought only us locals knew this (true) story.

Sadly the local aboriginals have a genetic weakness to becoming alcoholics (like many aboriginals world wide). They are a minority, and the government is giving most money .... for nothing.

You can guess where they spend it.[/quote']

When I was a kid saw a great and funny man on the tv with strange hat on his head, his name was Les Hiddins. I could watch his fascinating programme for hours where passed many stories about the Australian bush and their native people - Aboriginals. Then I got reunited with my family from Australia and they sent me some books etc etc so I got more interested in Australia. Recently I prepared a project related with my psychology studies where I introduced my classmates to Aboriginals, their world and ... their modern day problems, which is sadly an alcohol and free money. All of them including a doctor said - we really didn't know about that such issue exists! Hope this clears a bit and I really did good research on this issue, there are plenty of papers and online materials to browse from.

Of course they drank alcohol before the whites, but their drinks were pretty weak, a naturally fermented fruit juices can't compare to rum or vodka,

Edited by Sudayev

returning to topic, has anyone used spiritus with chocolate icecream ;)

Aren't you kidding? Spirit together with icecream??? Is it possible without vomiting immediately all around?:crazy_o:

of course not joking :)

citrone icecream, chocolate, straberry + spoon of spiritus :D

i don't vomit after spiritus :D

but if you are sick due to not fresh food you take pills , why not natural medicin ? spirit + green walnut

Trust me, it's still better than your French vodka made of ... grapes

:D

Trust me, it's still better than your French vodka made of ... grapes

:D

the French make a vodka, cant say ive ever heard of it. Ive been on plenty a field hockey tour during my University days around Europe, ive never see a French vodka. Though the Spiritus bottle does look some what familiar :cool: