Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

ARMA 2: OA beta build 90242 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Varanon - something up with your mission then. Not noticed that at all.

FFARs seem very marginally better. 60% still fall way short.

Varanon - something up with your mission then. Not noticed that at all.

Well, the test missions I put on the CIT are basically just a mission.sqm with a few playable units on it, and a description.ext file. No script or anything else. I talked to a few people, and some others have observed it as well. Note also that it only happens to remote players, i.e. players connected via internet, not LAN.

cotabucky not every soldier or team is found or attacked automatically-instantly by pilot/gunner in real - why should they do it in A2OA or break away from their current mission/role? Guess BIS could implement a "loiter" waypoint in A3 or test it within the next betabuilds. Meanwhile try doWatch, doTarget, doFire... ;)

+1

That is probably true,But I still have hind 24v flying over known opfor infantry in the daylight NOT firing on them.They seem to take out the tanks but thats it.TRY IT.My buddy says when he tries it its fine.I think its the "GUARD" waypoint thats not doing what I want.

Edited by cotabucky

PvPscene wrote a couple of test missions with some useful 'knowsabout' output for situations when a helo approaches infantry - I can't find them anywhere - perhaps he could re-link to them so you can run a test more scientifically. I seem to remember that helicopters had to get quite close before spotting infantry - they usually needed one fly over before turning around and engaging. They DID engage though.

Found it - it is in this thread.

PvPscene wrote a couple of test missions with some useful 'knowsabout' output for situations when a helo approaches infantry - I can't find them anywhere - perhaps he could re-link to them so you can run a test more scientifically. I seem to remember that helicopters had to get quite close before spotting infantry - they usually needed one fly over before turning around and engaging. They DID engage though.

Found it - it is in this thread.

The thing thats wierd is they would just keep flying over even after all the ground troops were spotted(the ka52 and hind choppers).When using the Mi8 they lit em up every pass.Throwing abrams tanks without ammo got there attention though and all russian heli's attacked fiercly.Just the ground troops were being ignored a lot it seems.It may be something I'm missing but it didn't seem quite right.Seak and destroy did the same thing btw with settings to "no change".Tried other settings without luck.

Is the same behaviour witnessed without the beta? If not then you might want to raise a CIT for this if you feel this is not the expected behaviour. I can't try it myself at the moment.

Interesting BUG here .... in the M1A1 Abrams if you (through a script) fill ALL positions, there are TWO troops that jump outside the tank! It seems that there are TWO DUMMY turret positions ! I wonder what they are for, as they server no purpose.

Anyone else noticed this ?

I have been noticing that sometimes when NAPA soldiers (spawned with side WEST) join player team (US soldier) as members, one of them may begin to shoot player (without me shooting any friendlies before that). Dosent happen always, but sometimes. With allowdamage false for player, it continues often for long time. Cant reproduce that yet, but have someone else spotted similar bug?

Also AI BRDM2 with ATGM (CDF) sometimes only shoot rocket at enemy vehicle when getting very near of the target (repro: just add the BRDM2 with guard waypoint over itself, enemy vehicle facing elsewhere and player revealing the target (with right mouse click) for the BRDM2).

Edited by SaOk

Please improve or make the new "look-where-player-steer" optional. Its kinda horrible to get in as driver and suddenly beeing stuck in steering wheel orientation or beeing stuck while driving. Happens without TrackIR, on veteran, changing controller keys doesn't help either.

Please improve or make the new "look-where-player-steer" optional. Its kinda horrible to get in as driver and suddenly beeing stuck in steering wheel orientation or beeing stuck while driving. Happens without TrackIR, on veteran, changing controller keys doesn't help either.

I don't have this problem on Veteran w/o TrackIR, and am quite happy with the feature. However, I have noticed a very dramatic decline in the aiming accuracy of AI AT soldiers using RPGs compared to the last beta (89647):

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29310

Edited by OMAC

However, I have noticed a very dramatic decline in the aiming accuracy of AI AT soldiers using RPGs compared to 1.60 vanilla:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29310

This is not a bug, it is an improvement.

[88111] Fixed: Unguided rockets no longer explode When Passed by the target (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27772)

Before When AI soldier engages vehicle with RPG-7 and misses, the PG-7 explodes right beside that vehicle, fixed now RPG pass over or side and explode far away.

This is not a bug, it is an improvement.

[88111] Fixed: Unguided rockets no longer explode When Passed by the target (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27772)

Before When AI soldier engages vehicle with RPG-7 and misses, the PG-7 explodes right beside that vehicle, fixed now RPG pass over or side and explode far away.

This is another issue, new to this beta. RPG aiming in 89647 (and all since 88111 when the above improvement was implemented) is fine.

Edited by OMAC

Originally Posted by -=seany=-

[89899] Fixed: Secondary gunner tracks enemies

Does this only apply to helicopters? Or all vehicles? Land, air and sea?

Seems to work for ships.

yeah it should be optional. or at least trackir users should be able to disable that. would be ok for me to do in the .cfg . i hope we trackir users can drive normal in the next beta ;)

yeah it should be optional. or at least trackir users should be able to disable that. would be ok for me to do in the .cfg . i hope we trackir users can drive normal in the next beta ;)

Any ticket to vote on?

wrt the Javelin lock bug, could it have also affected AA launchers? It seems it is harder to get a lock-on with AA launchers on oncoming aircraft. I just replayed some missions from campaign on this beta, and in Coltan Blues in OA, after

I get transported by chopper to the AA embankement to destroy oncoming opfor jets who would bomb Feruz Abad, I take an Igla or Strela from the crate, or if I have an Igla from the lone AA soldier back from the coltan mine, and I see the approaching opfor jets, I can't get an initial lock until they are well over my position and already releasing the bombs. Also, I seem to have an issue changing lock from one to the second one.

It could be a simple realism issue, with Igla and Strela being hard to get frontal lock-on (reduced heat exhaust signature), but I am not sure. More testing with all launchers in the editor when I get time, to be sure :)

I noticed two issues, but I am not sure if they have been introduced with this build

-missions inside mod folders are not detected, while campaigns are.

-completed usermade missions are not marked as accomplished in the scenarios list

Edited by folgore_airborne

Have the AI changed lately? Feels like I am seeing slow following team-members more often now. In a night mission on Utes the team-members totally slowed to be stucked in about 40m radius area (with fence) for 15 minutes while I went after various tasks. Enemies and friendlies were standing only about 100-200m from each other without proper behaviour. They seemed to act like in danger, but didnt try to engage all the hostiles. With bugs like that time to time the AI commanding is really poor and slow. There really would need to be a way to command the team-members to follow more fluently without them slowing down for every target in 700m radius even when there is no much bullets flying. The danger detection could also be more local. Currently if any of the team-members is in enemy contact, the whole team acts that way even when the rest are in safe-zone mile away.

Not very often used, but also if there is fighters (air) in infantry group. The land-units that have bigger team order number, try to follow the fighter running back and forth, totally out of leader's control. The same way an injured or stucked unit easily slow down the whole group.

Edited by SaOk

It has become awfully quiet in here....

No doubt they are ramping up development on A3 as E3 is not too far away.

Yeah I guess they have shifted focus from OA to TOH, CC and A3