Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: OA beta build 90242 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
    PvPscene wrote a couple of test missions with some useful 'knowsabout' output for situations when a helo approaches infantry - I can't find them anywhere - perhaps he could re-link to them so you can run a test more scientifically. I seem to remember that helicopters had to get quite close before spotting infantry - they usually needed one fly over before turning around and engaging. They DID engage though.

Found it - it is in this thread.
    The thing thats wierd is they would just keep flying over even after all the ground troops were spotted(the ka52 and hind choppers).When using the Mi8 they lit em up every pass.Throwing abrams tanks without ammo got there attention though and all russian heli's attacked fiercly.Just the ground troops were being ignored a lot it seems.It may be something I'm missing but it didn't seem quite right.Seak and destroy did the same thing btw with settings to "no change".Tried other settings without luck.
    -i7 950 cpu-@ 3.9ghz h50 corsair push/pull fans @ 33* C idle
    -ASUS RampageIII Extreme MB-
    -EVGA SC GTX580(stock clocked)
    -6gigs Patriot viper extreme DDR3 8.9.8.24 Mem-
    -Crucial c300 for ARMA2(doesn't make a bit of difference over the WD Black drive)
    -WD 1T black carvair at 6G SATA-
    -Ultra LSX 750wt Powersupply-
    -Windows 7 pro 64 bit-

Is the same behaviour witnessed without the beta? If not then you might want to raise a CIT for this if you feel this is not the expected behaviour. I can't try it myself at the moment.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Interesting BUG here .... in the M1A1 Abrams if you (through a script) fill ALL positions, there are TWO troops that jump outside the tank! It seems that there are TWO DUMMY turret positions ! I wonder what they are for, as they server no purpose.

Anyone else noticed this ?

I have been noticing that sometimes when NAPA soldiers (spawned with side WEST) join player team (US soldier) as members, one of them may begin to shoot player (without me shooting any friendlies before that). Dosent happen always, but sometimes. With allowdamage false for player, it continues often for long time. Cant reproduce that yet, but have someone else spotted similar bug?

Also AI BRDM2 with ATGM (CDF) sometimes only shoot rocket at enemy vehicle when getting very near of the target (repro: just add the BRDM2 with guard waypoint over itself, enemy vehicle facing elsewhere and player revealing the target (with right mouse click) for the BRDM2).
    Last edited by SaOk; Mar 11 2012 at 16:28.

Please improve or make the new "look-where-player-steer" optional. Its kinda horrible to get in as driver and suddenly beeing stuck in steering wheel orientation or beeing stuck while driving. Happens without TrackIR, on veteran, changing controller keys doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRailgunner View Post
    Please improve or make the new "look-where-player-steer" optional. Its kinda horrible to get in as driver and suddenly beeing stuck in steering wheel orientation or beeing stuck while driving. Happens without TrackIR, on veteran, changing controller keys doesn't help either.
    I don't have this problem on Veteran w/o TrackIR, and am quite happy with the feature. However, I have noticed a very dramatic decline in the aiming accuracy of AI AT soldiers using RPGs compared to the last beta (89647):

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29310

Quote Originally Posted by OMAC View Post
    However, I have noticed a very dramatic decline in the aiming accuracy of AI AT soldiers using RPGs compared to 1.60 vanilla:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29310
    This is not a bug, it is an improvement.
    [88111] Fixed: Unguided rockets no longer explode When Passed by the target (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27772)

Before When AI soldier engages vehicle with RPG-7 and misses, the PG-7 explodes right beside that vehicle, fixed now RPG pass over or side and explode far away.
    Forza Dominique Fidanza

Arma3 development : blah, blah, blah. do not count this as promise.

Quote Originally Posted by EricFr View Post
    This is not a bug, it is an improvement.
    [88111] Fixed: Unguided rockets no longer explode When Passed by the target (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27772)

Before When AI soldier engages vehicle with RPG-7 and misses, the PG-7 explodes right beside that vehicle, fixed now RPG pass over or side and explode far away.
    This is another issue, new to this beta. RPG aiming in 89647 (and all since 88111 when the above improvement was implemented) is fine.
    Last edited by OMAC; Mar 11 2012 at 22:11.

Originally Posted by -=seany=-
    [89899] Fixed: Secondary gunner tracks enemies
    Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    Does this only apply to helicopters? Or all vehicles? Land, air and sea?
    Seems to work for ships.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRailgunner View Post
    yeah it should be optional. or at least trackir users should be able to disable that. would be ok for me to do in the .cfg . i hope we trackir users can drive normal in the next beta

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast