Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: music in arma

music in arma

Just wondering who makes the music for the Arma games.
    Is it being made in house?

Personally I hope that for arma 3 bis will take a different approach to the music, since I always disliked the music of the previous arma games. Usually the music felt unrelated to the game and I thought the quality was not the best if you compare it to other games out there.

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought the music for arma felt a bit cold and uninspired. The music for OA was slighly better than the rest though

It's being made by Ondrej Matejka. I hope he will be making it for ArmA3 as well.

I'd take the melancholic OFP ost or hard ArmA2 riffs over the same-sounding bombastic hollywood orchestra shit any day.
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

^^What he said.

Amen my brothers! :P

A big portion of Arma 2's soundtrack is made up of recycled tracks from OFP: Elite, Arma 1's additional missions and a sci-fi shooter called Alpha Prime. In that sense, the soundtrack doesn't have a very topical relationship with the game itself, and only rarely do the tracks fit into any kind of situation because most of them sound so busy (some of it can be attributed to the bad max-volume mastering).

The style I'd want in Arma 3 would be clearly arranged orchestral pieces for cutscenes (as in OFP) and some low-profile and ear-friendly music that can be played in the background during combat or other gameplay without disturbing the action.

yeah, its nice -)
    but i missing some Seventh tracks from OFP too :[
    maybe BIS purchase right for their use too ?
    also missed "Poets of fall" tracks from FDF mod for OFP:R, but cause they locked-down for Microsoft-related project[particulary XBox stuff], inlikely they can/able to contribute their work to A3 :[

Quote Originally Posted by metalcraze View Post
    It's being made by Ondrej Matejka. I hope he will be making it for ArmA3 as well.

I'd take the melancholic OFP ost or hard ArmA2 riffs over the same-sounding bombastic hollywood orchestra shit any day.
    ^this

You are doing a good job Ondrej!
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

Music in these games isn't meant to be inspiring most of the time, in fact quite the opposite, OFP's take was that was is a terrible thing, nobody in their right mind really WANTED it but they had to do it, not even Armstrong the equipment nut was truly prepared for it.

Personally I loved the music in OFP and hope Arma3 has something more similar to it, it hit the nail on the head quite well, you didn't feel like some unstoppable hero or in an action movie but more often than not as if you were in a unwinnable scenerio, even with the victories came the deaths of innocents.

Here are some examples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFeQV...f=list_related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8jgL...f=list_related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBYl5...f=list_related

One of the more "chirpy" tracks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YunE-...f=list_related

Pretty sure many of us would be dissapointed if we heard something similar to COD in Arma3.

More doom and gloom since the end is nigh in ArmA 3 Maybe something to fit with the China puppet master theme of the game.

Oh and make an underground club where this plays (down with the ocupation!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post

The style I'd want in Arma 3 would be clearly arranged orchestral pieces for cutscenes (as in OFP) and some low-profile and ear-friendly music that can be played in the background during combat or other gameplay without disturbing the action.
    I'd say music like 'Ocean' (the theme you hear when you've just loaded OFP and it shows you destroyed vehicles on Desert Island) would fit ArmA3 a lot (especially exploration parts) since it isn't intrusive at all but adds to the atmosphere, makes it darker. I believe it would fit well all that "losing the uphill battle" idea of ArmA3

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast