Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Libya today

Master Gunnery Sergeant Sudayev's Avatar

Libya today

The country is falling into ruin, armed groups combat themselves. The country isn't a safe place anymore and it's worse then it was. Heard a good report from a friend of a friend who told what he saw in two days when they arrived to Tripoli to deliver medical supplies on a trade ship. In Tripoli there is still gunfire heard and very tense atmosphere thus the ship captain decided not to stay longer than necessary and all of the crew were restricted to stay on board.

Meanwhile, groups of democracy loving criminals have found a new activity. A desecration of the European WW2 memorials and cemeteries. During Gaddafi rule all of these places had proper care and no one bothered about crosses and Star of David on a graves. The hardcore islamization is in progress. I was right that the NATO bombed the wrong side!

Clip filmed during devastation. Such words can be heard - 'Here lies a dog'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=cWxN8CdjBYk#!

Article. At the first photo we can see a destroyed grave of a Polish WW2 veteran.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ves-desecrated
    Last edited by Sudayev; Mar 5 2012 at 09:41.

Evil man make you kill me - Evil man make me kill you...
    Arma: Cold War Assault - Strong

I guess we learn nothing from the history and things get forgotten even in short periods like a decade...
    IceBreakr, C/O [SBP] - Slovenian Black Panthers (www.vojak.si)

Island Panthera v3.1 for Arma 3 - OUT NOW

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #3

Well even in Yugoslawia people weren´t that stupid to devastate cemeteries (at least not in croatia).
    Those Lybians are a bunch of stupid, ignorant, uneducated and dumb fools.
    Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. www.Brigade2010.de

I shall not insult moderators
    Not enough time has passed to give a conclusive verdict on Libya yet. We have graveyard destruction where I live by groups of idiots. After a few weeks the gravestones are replaced and everyone forgets about it. They say this was triggered by the burning of some confiscated Koran's in Afghanistan by some US troops who were not aware of the religious significance of such an act. They should have turned them over to the local Imam but instead they got put on the trash pile. Got to say the destruction of inanimate objects does not upset me, they can always be replaced. They can kick over as many grave stones as they like, they will hurt nothing but their own feet.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Sudayev's Avatar
    Author of the Thread
    The burning of their only book was only a stupid excuse found by someone in the media only to point that such fact took place somewhere in Afgh, while this mindless act could even be a revenge for caricature of Mohammed. The only rule these people obey is the rule of an iron hand, without it they like a kids without a father. Back in the days it was really safe for a Polish citizen to visit Lybia, there was no theft, no street violence, streets were clean and in proper order. Now it's not recommended to show up in this country and that's what the ministry of foreign affairs advises.

Sorry I disagree, there has been no freedom in Libya for decades. Now there is some, there will need to be a period of readjustment. These armed militias will continue and worse things will happen until they learn to trust a new government and work together. I think it's worth it. People who travel to dictatorships and enjoy the fruits of the suffering of millions of people are more than a little strange. Only someone who didn't experience day to day oppression or suffer personally could think that was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudayev View Post
    Back in the days it was really safe for a Polish citizen to visit Lybia, there was no theft, no street violence, streets were clean and in proper order.
    I'm not supporting war on Lybia in the slightest, nor was I a supporter of Gaddhafi, quite the opposite.

But I'm really baffled the above quote can be used as an argument to support brutal, autocratic regime which silenced any opposition for decades. Not even mentioning the state terrorism used by Gaddhafi himself.

"streets were clean and in proper order" .... The foul odor being this sentence is horrible.
    Whisper / Kalbuth / MrK
    ex-OFrP member.
    ArmA3 / Planetside 2, member of MercenaryS
    Planetside / ET:QW / Tribes Ascend, member of Formido Clan

Sudayev my friend, two things:
    - US people do not understand difference of freedom and free market/capitalism, for them it is equal , if there no US banks than it means there is no freedom,
    - people think that gov. which keeps order is bad, they prefer their "freedom" when old man couldn't raise pole with flag (old story here) but gang members can shoot other on streets, Columbine is freedom, Oakland is freedom, homeless on streets are also free, people without medical care were also free, "entrepreneurial " businesmen like Al Capone made big money, entrepreneurial Bugsy Siegel is also freedom,
    yes i also know people who worked on construction plants in Lybia
    now in PL we have their freedom, groups of lads walk with baseball stick, rob people, mob, hurt , steal but there is "freedom" , there is freedom to be unemployed, freedom to die of hunger, freedom to be homeless etc.
    biggest "freedom" is for criminals, advocates, and so called dirty-businesmen, and banksters of course too

Quote Originally Posted by vilas View Post
    a
    now in PL we have their freedom, groups of lads walk with baseball stick, rob people, mob, hurt , steal but there is "freedom" , there is freedom to be unemployed, freedom to die of hunger, freedom to be homeless etc.
    biggest "freedom" is for criminals, advocates, and so called dirty-businesmen, and banksters of course too
    And under communism none of that happened? Or was it because the press was state controlled you didn't know about it?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast