Sign in to follow this  
sowiedu

ARMA 2 Microphone Issues (Steam version) (Tried everything google gave me...)

Hi,

I'm somewhat desperate now...

For Day I tried to find a solution for my microphone not working in ARMA 2.

Some information:

I got a Soundblaster X-Fi Pro external sound card

My Mic works fine with skype/Teamspeak/other games/name it

According to my google research, ARMA 2 uses the mic which ios specified as standard in the windows settings.

I tried plugging the mic in the external soundcard and onboard. Both ways no sucess for ARMA 2 (but both ways the mic works fine in other applications)

I used the mic auto adjustment in arma 2 which somehow changed my mic volume always but still noone can hear me ingame.

I've tried the Steam mic settings, works fine there.

--> I use the steam version of ARMA 2 if that makes any difference (which of course it shouldn't).

EDIT: using Win7 x64

Like I said I asked google and brwosed several Forums....Seems to be a common issue but all the solutions which worked for some people there didn't work for me.

So my last hope is this Thread...it would be awesome if you guys could help me...

To be honest I'm a little upset since this seems to be an issue with ARMA 2 rather than with my mic (since it works in other applications just fine)...if this isn't right then I apologize but at the moment this seems right to me...

PS: sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.

Same problem here my mic refuses to work in this game, still looking for a solution.

Im using windows XP, mic work fine in any other app/game.

Same problem here my mic refuses to work in this game, still looking for a solution.

Im using windows XP, mic work fine in any other app/game.

Hi,

Are you also using a Sound Blaster X-Fi?

Have you set it up properly in your sound settings (on your computer) with the mic as the default device because I had the same problem due to the fact that I had changed the setting on my computer.

Dan;2118699']Have you set it up properly in your sound settings (on your computer) with the mic as the default device because I had the same problem due to the fact that I had changed the setting on my computer.

Hi,

I definitely set it as default. Like Title sugegsts I really tried everything I found on google.

I just noticed another thing: After testing with some people it seems that I dont even show up in the voice thing...you know not showing my player name and mic icon but only for THEM. I do see my mic sign and name flashing when i press push to talk.... any suggestions?

I just noticed another thing: After testing with some people it seems that I dont even show up in the voice thing...you know not showing my player name and mic icon but only for THEM. I do see my mic sign and name flashing when i press push to talk.... any suggestions?

That's indicative of a network issue, i.e. the VoN network packets aren't reaching their destinations. Since you can see your name pop up when you talk, the game is obviously picking up audio from your mic, so that's not the problem at all.

Can you provide some more info on your router, internet connection (ISP, cable/DSL) and network configuration?

Btw. from what I understand you can hear others in-game, they just can't hear you. Correct? That would mean the issue is limited to outgoing VoN packets.

Hi, MadDogX nd thank you for your reply.

I live in germany, just FYI.

Router: http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=316 (D-Link DI-524)

ISP: Alice DSL

I'm going in via LAN, not WLAN.

I've already forwarded ports to my local IP for ARMA 2 as follows:

R9Ydq.jpg

iAI84.jpg

Not sure which one is the right place to forward those ports, so I did it in both those option windows.

From what I understand 2305 UDP is for VON Transmissions.

I really love to find out if anyone can suggest a direction where to search or something?...